Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
Ragnar`ok

EU SERVER dont work properly

2 hours ago, Ragnar`ok said:

i cant play always lagging but no high ping 

What's the outcome if you type /pa in a game?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ElementUser said:

Need server info or we can't do much about it.

So, I'm fairly sure I'm experiencing the same thing OP is, it only starts around the evening CET time. All the EU servers seem to be affected (I tested like 5 different ones). The ping is not the problem, packet loss is, so every 5 seconds any action will get delayed by like a second.

If I queue to US East, the loss doesn't occur, and it's in fact more playable despite twice the ping. Conclusion: EU servers are unplayable (or barely) for a good portion of the playerbase during the evening, which I'm assuming are congestion hours.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

That's probably it then & without more servers, there isn't much we can do about it.

In the meantime, can you provide screenshots with the results of the /gi command when you use it in-game? That will provide us the server name and Match ID, so that we know which servers are potentially having issues. Even if you don't think it's important, it's important for us to at least have some basic info before I end up contacting Garena.

A base rule of these forums is to provide critical information where possible, so please follow that subforum rule. Thanks.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Not experiencing this today like the past 2 days around 18:00-00:00 CET. If I do I'll post a /pa and /gi, although it is cumbersome to have to either host a public game and have someone join, or queue ranked and potentially be stuck playing a terrible match for an hour. A faster method would be helpful.

Advice to anyone suspecting they may lag and have an unenjoyable game they can't quit: create a public game (not practice), choose a random EU server, and keep changing slots in the lobby. Packet loss should eventually become noticeable while doing so.

Edited by Pantaloneze
  • Thanks 1

Here you go for whatever it's worth: https://i.imgur.com/bYO3Qwg.png

Suddenly started lagging mid-game, so I checked the ping in the public game server browser. All the EU servers doubled in ping except for EU202, which for some reason was also not losing packets like all the rest.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Falk1 said:

What's the outcome if you type /pa in a game?

i didnt try it tbh but if i do i will post it thank you 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ElementUser said:

server name : EU98 

packet loss : 0.3%

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ElementUser said:

i think this problem with all eu servers except EU202 idk why ,ty 

Its barely one week that playing is impossible from 18:00 to 00:00 CET. Having lag spikes every 10 seconds or so even if the ping showed when /pa is correct. For example right now on server EU86, packet loss 0.1% but impossible to play. Every other games i have work fine, so its obviously your servers. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Heelo, the same problem here. For 3 or so days can't play without delays in midwars matches, appx 3 pm - 5 pm New York time

delays every 5-10 seconds

Server EU84

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by GooseTheCat
  • Like 1

Moved to Indeterminate.

We're planning to resolve the issue in the near future, but there is no official ETA until we have a formal discussion with Garena about it.