Problem with Ra's ult

Ra is designed in a way that his abilities dont rely on mana. Hence his starting 10int, low int gain and low manapool.

Yet his ult is completely reliant on his mana. 3 hits of nullfire blade completely nullifies his ult, which honestly is just the worst feeling in the world.
Why cant ra's ult be independant of his mana situations? I actually dont think it would boost his winrate by too much, but at least 1 really annoying element would be removed.

"Counterplay option"

But it doesn't matter much most of the time - this only really matters when playing against Magebane or if a hero picks up Nullfire Blade.

Ra has been doing very well since the previous patch & I don't think any change is necessary (whether another patch happens or not).

Edited by ElementUser

Playing against Ra definitely feels good, as his ultimate can be countered for free on carries that are forced to buy Nullfire blade anyways. I wonder when will Nullfire blade become a melee item aswell, because 2 patches ago I would not have predicted Wing*BOW* offering more bonuses to melee heroes.