Jump to content

Patch 4.10.1 - Patch Discussion


Recommended Posts

Its not that I dont like HoN but nerfing my favorite hero along with many others makes me wanna leave early, An example adrenaline he has no use in the game now from a decent hero by the rework to a total trash can. like could you guys not nerf the shit out of all the heroes while the game lasts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, it would be proper if you change the title of the topic to Patch 4.10.1 - Patch Discussion.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Link to post
Share on other sites

Adrenaline got a drastic buff to his base Attack Damage and received nerfs on his abilities. They were causing a lot of frustration for the high level / competitive players, to the point where the hero was gentleman-banned in their Inhouse League (IHL).

Most heroes received buffs and nerfs, rather than just straight up nerfs. For the ones who did receive just nerfs, they were fairly minor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ElementUser changed the title to Patch 4.10.1 - Patch Discussion

@ElementUser buddy dont you get it, ur the producer or something. changing the magic heroes base dmg doenst do a shit. you probably dont play and just test. maybe try and play adrenaline and tell me he is not complete shit hero rn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

damn what a cool dude i bet u are legendary player taking the game so competetive that you throw ur computer when u die as fayde props man or maybe u havent played the shit hero adrena they nerfed him constanlty for the last 6 patches go to the source before talking

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bruutal said:

@ElementUser buddy dont you get it, ur the producer or something. changing the magic heroes base dmg doenst do a shit. you probably dont play and just test. maybe try and play adrenaline and tell me he is not complete shit hero rn.

I can change the base damage of Adrenaline Q to 1. Will you still make that statement that changing the base damage doesn't matter?

 

5 or 10 Magic Damage matters a lot more than you think in actual games. If it didn't matter, they wouldn't be done in the first place. 

 

Adrenaline is fine, he's just always been a tough hero to balance in any iteration of him, both conceptually and numerically. Maybe look at the latest up-to-date guide for Adrenaline and try picking up his core item listed there (Ring of Sorcery).

Edited by ElementUser
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just consider, being 1200, flaming EU after he done so much for this game and balance in detail (he fixed nearly everything in some months,  what wza corrupted over years), cause your newb-snowball hero adrenaline gets nerfed 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

  

35 minutes ago, Rezziedahl said:

I think he's talking about his attack damage, in which case, i wonder if he's not attacking at all, only spamming Q, hence "magic hero".

 

Changing Base Damage by 7 or so definitely matters then. He's a melee hero and should still attack a fair bit given his playstyle. The changes in particular buffs his laning phase & allows other areas to be addressed properly. 

Edited by ElementUser
Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk what's all this fuss about, Adrenaline is still one of the strongest heroes in the game currently, and the months of nerfs were just meant to prevent him from being banned in literally (almost) every game because he was so strong.

I have no idea what you're doing with him that makes him look like a "total trash can"

Edited by Lunarios
Link to post
Share on other sites

A few patches ago. It became sort of a meme-meta where people would go mid/jungle/short/sui TB, farm grimoire/resto/shards/spell sunder, most of the time it would work, sometimes it wouldn't if enemies applied enough pressure. It would just render most strategies useless and pick off supports, along with force the entire enemy team to return to base. It was too strong and too frequent, enough to cause TB to be permabanned in most games and cause allies to scream at you if you didn't ban him.

Edited by Lunarios
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ondis said:

When was TB changed to only be able to do 1 ult every 10 secs or is this only midwars? 

A recent patch, so he can't cheese the opposing team by wiping out 50% or so of every hero's Health pool without realistic counterplay options, if he has Restoration Stone.

The 10-second delay was introduced so that Restoration Stone still works for him, there is just a window of counterplay for the opposing team to act before Thunderbringer double-ults them.

Edited by ElementUser
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, Lunarios said:

A few patches ago. It became sort of a meme-meta where people would go mid/jungle/short/sui TB, farm grimoire/resto/shards/spell sunder, most of the time it would work, sometimes it wouldn't if enemies applied enough pressure. It would just render most strategies useless and pick off supports, along with force the entire enemy team to return to base. It was too strong and too frequent, enough to cause TB to be permabanned in most games and cause allies to scream at you if you didn't ban him.

It was hilarious though, but thanks, TB had a pretty big winrate. Not sure when that happened, probably since the changes to E cause you could always do that combo and he didnt have that kind of winrate.  He was so strong in early game that he would often get that double ulti on level 2 before the supports were level 10 and thats what hurt. Though the tome helped 😛


I Remember most people would level up W but then Q became so strong cause of the changes to E I think. 

Edited by Ondis
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ondis said:

 

It was hilarious though, but thanks, TB had a pretty big winrate. Not sure when that happened, probably since the changes to E cause you could always do that combo and he didnt have that kind of winrate.  He was so strong in early game that he would often get that double ulti on level 2 before the supports were level 10 and thats what hurt. Though the tome helped 😛


I Remember most people would level up W but then Q became so strong cause of the changes to E I think. 

E was bugged for a while, in the sense that the reduced damage multiplier did not affect enemies outside of a certain range.

The way E is now though makes the most sense out of all the past iterations.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im talking more about when it started proccing to people on every chain lightning strike rather than the one time you cast the spell. That made Q more viable. I like it, but it did pump TB up to top tier 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ladonien said:

I was surprised about the Amun nerf, now when he is not viable in woods anymore unfortunately 😕

Have you seen Amun-Ra's win rate & read the patch notes?

Amun-Ra's performance has increased ever since the patch. Playing him as a jungler from level 1 was nowhere near optimal - he is much better in lane & always has been, but the jungling capability from level 1 clouded that possibility from the majority of players who just want to farm the jungle all day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ElementUser said:

Have you seen Amun-Ra's win rate & read the patch notes?

Amun-Ra's performance has increased ever since the patch. Playing him as a jungler from level 1 was nowhere near optimal - he is much better in lane & always has been, but the jungling capability from level 1 clouded that possibility from the majority of players who just want to farm the jungle all day.

I really dont like the notion of "nudging" players into what developers consider "intended" behaviour in game instead of having them explore the game on their own, creating their own meta. 

Yeah, his winrate will now be above 50% instead of around 50% but his actual ability to do different things will be diminished 😛

But its fine, I dont care too much xD and as you know we have so different views on this so just ignore me lol. I know its industry standard nowdays. 

Edited by Ondis
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JellyBringer said:

The less jungle heroes there are, the easier it is to ban most of them at the start of the match! 😄

Wish the game had a macro that you could turn on which just auto banned salomon each game. I hate having him on my team or playing against him 

Edited by Ondis
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ondis said:

Wish the game had a macro that you could turn on which just auto banned salomon each game. I hate having him on my team or playing against him 

Ahh man I miss those days when Salomon was actually fun to play with or against... Do you remember his first iteration with Djinn blast and the other spells? 😄 It would be cool if he could do more than AFK farming in the jungle for 20 minutes, and not lose because people without high enough MMR does not know how to abuse farming in the jungle. Well, at least Prophet was freed from his curse of raven form era so I have nothing to complain about I guess 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...