HoN heroes in DotA 2 ?

On 1/14/2022 at 5:41 AM, w3_StarBoy said:

Not a chance
You may meet HoN heroes in custom map but there is no reason to port HoN heroes to Dota. Dota heroes was design to fill many role while HoN heroes is straight forward in one role.

Even if it ported, it will be changed too much to the point you see it as complete different hero

There are actually many heroes almost identical in both games and it works quite well. Also, there are plenty of really good designed heroes in HoN and I'm pretty sure valve is experimenting with them for a long time now. This article is nothing new. Data miners found heroes like zephyr, puppet and more years ago already on dota2's source code. It makes sense to invest money in some of HoN's assets from valves point of view and it makes sense to sell rights on certain assets on Garenas side. I would not be surprised if we end up seeing one or another port in the future - it's quite costly to invent new heroes with unique abilities and a decent design.

1 hour ago, hegelsohn said:

There are actually many heroes almost identical in both games and it works quite well. Also, there are plenty of really good designed heroes in HoN and I'm pretty sure valve is experimenting with them for a long time now. This article is nothing new. Data miners found heroes like zephyr, puppet and more years ago already on dota2's source code. It makes sense to invest money in some of HoN's assets from valves point of view and it makes sense to sell rights on certain assets on Garenas side. I would not be surprised if we end up seeing one or another port in the future - it's quite costly to invent new heroes with unique abilities and a decent design.

The only one can be ported without duplicate with other Dota heroes is Puppet Master. Another possible is  geomancer or midas because those two have good design and can be improve further. HoN's carry heroes are too much powered creep and overlap with many Dota's carry. (Tarot/Dark Lady = PA, nomad = Skeletion King, Maliken = Huskar). Solstice seem to be become a symbol of Garena HoN so i dont think she have a chance.

You may think more heroes like Rhapsody or Empath but I'm very sure they wil be changed everything if they ported because they seem does not fit to Dota's meta. 

Lord Salforis, Amun Ra, Zephry have a skill you can called free Mock (or Radiance) and such thing wont be allowed in Dota. Basic on my experience in Dota 2 because how OP Radiance have in Dota but not in HoN.

You can say anything about source code but until it become true and the heroes is ported, it's just a dream. The reason why the code here maybe because IF was cooperate with HON before. (so the heroes that can be ported is the HoN exclusive heroes in beta)

I'm playing Dota 2 now but only play Labyrinth and cavern's quest (unranked) for fun. You guys only talking about the hero will be ported to Dota 2 or not but never think if they can fit to gameplay. Remember, Dota 2 gameplay and HoN gameplay are different.

HoN SEA Player

On 1/12/2022 at 3:29 PM, Manu311 said:

2. Hero turn speeds are slower, so heroes just feel slower

Yeah the turn speeds make a much bigger difference than you would think in how fast a game feels. Also the casting speeds are slower in general in Dota. And these two things aren't just result of general delay, you can compare Pyro vs Lina, neither one had change in cast speed in patches (Well they were the same when I last played Hon) but Lina's feels way slower and is harder to land.

Also attack animations and projectile speeds. Hon heroes have a faster and more similar speed. Again compare Pyro and Lina, sure Pyro isn't the easiest hero to last hit with but Lina sucks.

On 1/13/2022 at 12:46 PM, datfizh said:

Also, Dota 2 faces another problem besides slowness that is particle of some abilities seen through fog of war so opponent can somehow see them without vision. I believe HoN doesn't have that issue.

There used to be a problem where sometimes you would see an enemy ward expire if you had vision when it did, as if it was your own. You wouldn't see it but the expiration animation. I used to think it was just an observer thing or only happened in bot games. Apparently it was really rare but damn that is a bad bug to have. Knowing where an enemy wards is huge.

6 hours ago, w3_StarBoy said:

how OP Radiance have in Dota but not in HoN.

Radiance hasn't been OP for a while. The radius is smaller than it used to be, it does less damage and is worse on illusions. It is fine now.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:30 PM, Wife said:

Hopefully announcers, smackdowns/taunt.

Why dota2 seems so slow? HoN is more faster it seems.

Gabe doesn't have the balls Maliken did , for good or bad. The most epic announcers that are totally in your face like the Thai one (which came later but still) or the Samuel Jackson one are never going into Dota2, the same with the whole taunt system. 

Edited by Ondis
On 1/17/2022 at 2:04 AM, hegelsohn said:

How do you mine source code? 😛

2 hours ago, Wife said:

You all know that you can have dota 2 avatars into HoN. Can we port HoN avatars into dota 2? 

Yes, why not? Maybe I'll even do that when HoN dies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, RedBear said:

Yes, why not? Maybe I'll even do that when HoN dies. 

That would be awesome. You think we can have FoC map aswell? Creeps?

"Mods" work in dota2?

You should start a thread about it so we know how to do it 😀

Edited by Wife
  • 1 month later...

Both DotA2 and LoL aren't even close to the feel of HoN in my opinion. I've played both over the years (because of friends switchting, DotA2 over a 1000h) and they're simply worse. LoL is micro overload and simultanously very rigid in gameplay while DotA isn't as responsive as HoN. It lacks both the style and the engine (I presume).