HoN heroes in DotA 2 ?

Hello guys,

Is it possible?

https://www.aroged.com/2021/12/15/rumor-valve-may-add-heroes-from-hon-to-dota-2/

By the way HoN used some DotA 1 heroes at the begining. It could be nice if HoN's team gives back some heroes to DotA 2 :)

HoN4Ever <3

33 minutes ago, JFO said:

Is it possible?

I'm pretty sure it is possible.
I'm not sure whether the hero ideas themselves are copyrighted and whether Garena will go to court for that, but Valve can probably get a deal with Garena anyways to figure this out, if they want to.
They'll probably not copy the hero models but create their owns (which might be somewhat similar) though.

Dota 2 actually already has its own equivalents of some of the heroes. Marci for example is very similar to MK with her mobility, and the AoE on the skill. Except she actually scales for damage dealing thanks to the ulti, and isn't overly reliant on being a clusterfuck of different skills.

10 minutes ago, Wife said:

Hopefully announcers, smackdowns/taunt.

Why dota2 seems so slow? HoN is more faster it seems.

Because you're not playing it or judging the game by the laning phase. The pace gets just as hectic in Dota when you're active.

51 minutes ago, Wife said:

Hopefully announcers, smackdowns/taunt.

You right. DotA 2 is slower than HoN. But don't worry, we get used to it. Its not a problem 🙂

3 hours ago, RedBear said:

As for me, Hoodwink's abilities are partially similar to Blitz' abilities. Also, both heroes are ranged agility heroes. 🤔

not even close

first ability similar to tarot only 

2 hours ago, Wife said:

I think dota's map is bigger and the game is more zoomed out. That's why it feels slower.

As for the thread: I'd die for benzington in dota xd

Edited by Froschbein
20 minutes ago, slashcry said:

not even close

first ability similar to tarot only 

I said that the abilities are partially similar, not identical. For example, Hoodwink's Scurry ability reminded me of Blitz's Quicken ability. Both increase movement speed and grant Unitwalking when activated.

However, I agree with you about Tarot. Indeed Hoodwink's Acorn Shot ability are partially similar to Tarot's Ricochet ability, and Hoodwink's Bushwhack ability are partially similar to Tarot's Bound By Fate ability.

It looks like several HoN characters were combined in this character.

18 hours ago, Froschbein said:

I think dota's map is bigger and the game is more zoomed out. That's why it feels slower.

No it's not that, it just is. People tested it right when Dota 2 started as well (remember because I was on the forums here and people were talking about how much easier it would be because it was slow). But I don't feel like it ever helped/hindered me between the games.

I actually feel like Hon's map is zoomed out. Started playing again recently after like 8 years away and it just feels zoomed out. Not sure what makes it seem that way to me though.

In my opinion(I am a dota 2 player now), DotA 2 is just slower than HoN. And its not because the map 🙂

For me HoN is dota 1's little brother. And DotA 2 is HoN little's brother 😄 Same family ❤️

Btw HoN in my ❤️ 4 Ever

Edited by JFO

I haven't tried DotA 2 in a while, but I think the "slowness" comes primarily from two factors (which might be incorrect completely, so don't take my word for it 😄😞

1. There is some equalizing delay afaik, which gives everything a couple of milliseconds delay before it is actually executed. You get used to this pretty fast (I played DotA 1 with around 1-2 seconds of delay at first), but it still feels "slower".

2. Hero turn speeds are slower, so heroes just feel slower

Well, this slowness thing on Dota 2 seems like fairness to most latency/ping of players have.

Also, Dota 2 faces another problem besides slowness that is particle of some abilities seen through fog of war so opponent can somehow see them without vision. I believe HoN doesn't have that issue.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

1 hour ago, datfizh said:

Also, Dota 2 faces another problem besides slowness that is particle of some abilities seen through fog of war so opponent can somehow see them without vision. I believe HoN doesn't have that issue.

HoN only has the opposite issue. If you don't see the center of the gadget (like Chronos ultimate), you don't see the gadget at all, even if you're stuck inside of it 😅.

Not a chance
You may meet HoN heroes in custom map but there is no reason to port HoN heroes to Dota. Dota heroes was design to fill many role while HoN heroes is straight forward in one role.

Even if it ported, it will be changed too much to the point you see it as complete different hero

HoN SEA Player

23 hours ago, Manu311 said:

HoN only has the opposite issue. If you don't see the center of the gadget (like Chronos ultimate), you don't see the gadget at all, even if you're stuck inside of it 😅.

I swear to god that I have the feeling as If Ive experienced something even worse but I just couldnt bother reporting it the couple of times its happened cause im not sure. 

Lack of vision directly cancelling a bouncing spell on jungle creep. Like you fire the thing, move away and it doesnt bounce. 

Edited by Ondis
21 hours ago, Wife said:

Is it gonna go/feels smoother if you have 144+ hertz monitor when you play dota2?

No, they literally have programmed lag/delay into the game, lol. Useless game.  HoTS is better if you can stand the lack of communication abilities and items and being "dead": 😛

The way HoN handles network issues is really superior. I read a bit into the technicalities in the long past and what I remember basically blew my mind. Engine is good too. Theres some solid stuff under the hub here. 

Edited by Ondis
9 hours ago, Deadlycr1t said:

There was posts about puppet master and succubus for a while now

Succubus is HoN ported version of Bane.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:32 PM, Manu311 said:

The more I know.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com