Bubbles Take Cover Autocast

When Bubbles sets his Take Cover on Autocast, Bubbles casts Take Cover when using Blood Chalice due to his losing HP. I think that is a incorrect mechanic. He shouldn't autocast when chalice.

Also, when Autocasting Take Cover on Lord Salforis's Mors Certissima, Bubbles gets the benefit of regaining the 40% of the cast damage. So Bubbles gets healed based on damage he hasn't received. He gets free healing from the enemy.

Both interactions are technically intended.

1) Take Cover triggers when taking damage. Blood Chalice deals a tiny non-lethal amount of damage.

2) That's how his Take Cover's autocast invulnerability works. It negates damage, but not the state.

1) I believe this should be an exception if possible. It would fall under a QoL change for him. Doesn't make sense why chalice has this effect on him.

2) Should it be changed to be only the -50% healing is applied? Seems strange to me that buffs applied by the enemy go through with almost no trade off

I fixed the first.

I can't do anything about the second - it's just an intended interaction & you have to be aware of it if you go up against a Bubbles. I do not wish to make an exception just because the state happens to be beneficial for the opponent.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1