So, there's nothing we can do about HON's demise?

Over the past few weeks I've seen:

- people trying to gether money to buy HON

- players offering to pay monthly for HON (including myself)

- people offering to subscribe to monthly gold purchases

but the staff's silence seems to indicate that it is all in vain...

So, in the end HON was bought so Garena could use the assets on Arena of Valor? ?

Now that AoV is a success they don't need HON anymore???

PS: For those who don't know about the assets being used on AoV (pay attention after 3min 34sec):

Edited by Griffon17

Pretty sure, aside from the few assets used on AoV, Garena has other plans as well. They could sell partial rights or even certain assets. Other famous moba's could be interested in buying certain parts. Or they plan to put more into AoV. Many scenarios are possible - it could even be an entirely new game reusing some of HoN's assets. Surely it will be worth more than a few thousand people willing to subscribe or some people gathering a couple thousand dollars.. So yeah, I personally do not think that they would even consider to keep it running unless someone is really making a great offer (some million dollars). 

Also, even if the community would buy the game for lets say, 5000000$, it would still require loads of costs for paying the people that will run the game as well as gameservers etc. Considering the amount of money which was donated towards HoN's goals, I highly doubt we would be gathering even 5% of that amount.

5 hours ago, oldschoolsil said:

Maybe we can start up a lawsuite to get them to continue the game?  

In what world would would that make sense? If you pay for a game, it does not mean that the company running it is supposed to keep it running forever. There is no basis for a lawsuit.

Edited by hegelsohn
On 1/5/2022 at 1:43 AM, hegelsohn said:

In what world would would that make sense? If you pay for a game, it does not mean that the company running it is supposed to keep it running forever. There is no basis for a lawsuit.

There are some early attempts and discussions here and there to sue companies or legislate consumer rights to force distribution of source code for games people have payed for once the company abandons them and renders its usage completely impossible through official means. 

Its the way copyright work already in many regards, the company needs to sell a certain amount of it every x years to be able to maintain the copyright for y more years. Its also generally difficult to move against anyone for hosting "abandonware" even if the company tries to resurrect the product at some point. 

Much of this stuff is being circumvented nowdays with the concept of games/software as a service which is one more reason to boycott that stuff. 

Edited by Ondis