Please Help Me Understand

There are games where i have someone on my team that legit does nothing but auto attack mobs. No abilities, No last hits, No communication, No assists. Just straight auto attack mobs. They end up going 0-15-0 just to que up again to do it all over again. And its not "oh they just had a bad game" I check their match history. These people have thousands of games played. Thousands of hours played. accounts that have been created for almost a decade. I just don't understand. I want to understand... what do these people look like? are they even human? 

Surely they cant be. they must be bots.... and before you say some people are just bad.. or some people are just dumb. Even a dumb person knows what fun is. Getting your butt smacked game after game with 0 kill and sometimes 0 assists for sometimes an hour at a time can not be fun for a person.. I kid you not there are games where these people do not even use an ability. I toss and I turn many a night trying to understand this strange strange predicament. Like these people have custom icons and avatars. they clearly understand how to navigate the menu. They've played sometimes 5000+ games yet are complete bots. It absolutely blows my freaking mind man.

Oh and what about the people who join a game just to random and then sit in the well without saying anything before we have to afk kick them? These people make a conscious decision to que up for a hon match. sometimes waiting upwards of 10 minutes just to random and then afk. They don't even disconnect. They just sit there in the well. Again.. THOUSANDS OF GAMES played. This hasn't just happened a few times. Its literally almost every game. I've never experienced this in any other game or in any situation in my entire life for that matter. 

I could ask the same about people who whine or type essays about subpar teammates. Except we already know it's a waste of time, so we don't. Get over it. Quit MOBAs or accept that human psychology is a persistent factor.

Just checked your losses for a week or so and couldn't find anyone going 0-15. If you provide some match-id it may be easier to understand your problem. Those people might realistically be stat manipulating and should be pushed for it. 

EDIT: And to be fair, you are silver 5. Some people just enjoy the game, they might be really, really bad at it especially if they are still, after thousands of games, silver rank. So try and have patience. Also, I suggest learning common sentences in Russian to try and communicate if you feel it gets really hard. It's not that hard and a lot of Russian players are actually really nice and WANT to talk to you. 🙂

Edited by Thessaloniki
6 hours ago, staryear420 said:

Oh and what about the people who join a game just to random and then sit in the well without saying anything before we have to afk kick them? These people make a conscious decision to que up for a hon match. sometimes waiting upwards of 10 minutes just to random and then afk. They don't even disconnect. They just sit there in the well. Again.. THOUSANDS OF GAMES played. This hasn't just happened a few times. Its literally almost every game. I've never experienced this in any other game or in any situation in my entire life for that matter. 

For this I have an explanation. Actually multiple ones which either RCT members or other friends had happen during games or queues:

1. Something urgent came up. Like a crying child, burning kitchen or whatever
2. They fell asleep (Actually happened the most I guess 😄)

For your other issue about 100% auto-hitting, I have never seen anyone do that, but I assume people could just be on some drugs and don't care or just don't know how to play better yet.
As for match-ids: feel free to PM them to people (myself included), but please don't name people publicly on the forums.

I too... have had MANY instances of this happening in my games. A player that has 2-3k games played that plays like some braindead clicker.

They do not communicate with the team during the game nor do they say/read anything in the pregame lobby. People on the team call there lanes and build an appropriate composition based on the lanes and the potato player picks a hard carry and screws the game up for everybody. The player proceeds to lane and auto attack creeps and sit in the jungle all game. I mean if they want to MMO they should go play WoW or FFXIV.

It is increasingly frustrating and I can't help but think.... that is a HUMAN BEING playing that hero. There is an actual person behind the movements of that hero but have no intention in playing the game correctly and throwing the entire experience for others. I share your frustration Staryear420, so is there anybody else out there that can help ME understand as well. Will the real HoN Shady please stand up!

it's a game you know, it's considered "a fun activity", so sometimes people play when they're drunk / completely wasted / on heavy drugs / after a party etc.

i don't use drugs myself but I'm pretty sure it's not uncommon for many people. I can totally see in my mind how someone entered a hon match, smoked a lot of pot and he's like "woow listen to all the announcers man every time I die it gets even better"

Like you have no visual confirmation of what's going on behind the other person's screen. What if the person is having a stroke mid-game and you're getting mad at him when in fact you should be calling an ambulance?

Like 1-2 beers is ok but after you get past 2 liters every creep wave has 8 creeps instead of 4 and you have to logically decide which of the creeps is real, so lasthitting becomes a real problem, so you don't really have time to think about ganking or communicating when you're trying to get scraps of gold

Edited by Lunarios
  • 2 weeks later...

People also AFK when they are losing the game, that is the only reason.

I have had hundreds of games where people go MID lose it 0-5 then AFK to get kicked. And they get no penalty. HON FAIL

Edited by Vrils
19 minutes ago, Vrils said:

And they get no penalty. HON FAIL

Aside of loosing more mmr and increasing their leave percentage which will eventually (way to late, I admit) prevent them from playing (on that account).

• Thanks 1