Really, we are continuing?

Recently I made a post, where I told you all to be ashamed. I had hoped that some people would take that as a sign, look inwards and maybe change their ways or personality in-game. How is it getting worse? Five games in a row now I have had zero chance to impact my game what so ever. They might not have been winnable regardless, but I had no impact. How is this going on so strong? The odds of me being unlucky here should be astronomically small. Right? The recent news should make us closer, make us appreciate the remaining time. Right? Why aren't we? 

Just imagine someone in my family gets an illness and everyone else in the family starts to argue and fight about who gets what from his estate. Why are we all so far from each other in this? Why are accounts being made every day now with an IGN in the style of HoNDEAD? Everyone of those people are also the people who say the game is the greatest MOBA out there and they swear to not go play Dota 2, when this is over. 

Guess what? Just because Garena said "Hey bois, it's over. Pack it in." Doesn't mean something can't happen. May I kindly remind every sceptic here that we are currently, at least in Europe, in a Covid19 boom yet again and for the second year in a row battling the disease? Anything can happen. In my country we have seen countless and countless of businesses shutting down, large and small, 1 year old as well as 50 year old. Things can happen. So before you all completely alienate any hope of friendship within the game, alienate any decent stats you currently have... Before you all go out there and grief, and grief, and grief. Ask yourselves... What's the point? You have no earthly idea what the future holds for us. The only thing we are certain of is that you... Yup, you. You right there flaming, griefing, creating new accounts out of spite to flame some more, grief some more... You are the reason this game is shutting down. No one is finding this game, playing 6 games and enjoying it for life right now. I would be surprised if we have a 100 or more people every month staying for 30 days. I have tried it. I have introduced this game to the entire group of people with whom I play Magic: The Gathering. All 25 or so, how ever many we are. Not a SINGLE person (I'll remind you that 95% of them played Dota/LoL. I think one or two people was like "Yeah, I won't like it, I never played any of those style of games") stayed for the full 6 games. One of asked me why I played, since she had such a horrible experience with other players. I replied to her that I just grew up with it and I'm gonna stick it out. 

I hope you know, that if this game by some miracle, gets sold or co-managed or what ever things happen in this world I know so little about, that it will be shut down again, if we don't behave. If new management comes promotion will be done, advertisement... And if we keep up this embarassingly escalating, egregious exchange of words people will create an account, disappear and sooner or later as a result thereof HoN will do the same. We already have a bad reputation... why make it worse? 

And just a reminder:
- 5,3 million people have died of Covid19
- 150 million people are homeless worldwide
- 811 million people are starving worldwide.

What makes you guys not appreciate that you aren't in those statistics and then just celebrate life? Why be angry on the internet? I seriously will never get it and I hope for the sake of this game that some of you will change. I am 100% sure you aren't like that in the real world, that you are good people. 

Let me speak on the behalf of other players here:

We will forgive you and we will be here with open arms the day you decide to change. No grudges. We promise. 

Kind regards and happy holidays.
Thessaloniki

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, SupaPowaXXL said:

1% of players read the forum (at best)

So this is like screaming into the void

I get it. I had almost 1000 views on my last post so at least some people are seeing it. 

I did, however just see that I received a very heart warming message on Discord. Faith restored for now!

Again, happy holidays everyone. Hope to see you in game! 

14 hours ago, Thessaloniki said:

Recently I made a post, where I told you all to be ashamed. I had hoped that some people would take that as a sign, look inwards and maybe change their ways or personality in-game. How is it getting worse? Five games in a row now I have had zero chance to impact my game what so ever. They might not have been winnable regardless, but I had no impact. How is this going on so strong? The odds of me being unlucky here should be astronomically small. Right? The recent news should make us closer, make us appreciate the remaining time. Right? Why aren't we? 

Just imagine someone in my family gets an illness and everyone else in the family starts to argue and fight about who gets what from his estate. Why are we all so far from each other in this? Why are accounts being made every day now with an IGN in the style of HoNDEAD? Everyone of those people are also the people who say the game is the greatest MOBA out there and they swear to not go play Dota 2, when this is over. 

Guess what? Just because Garena said "Hey bois, it's over. Pack it in." Doesn't mean something can't happen. May I kindly remind every sceptic here that we are currently, at least in Europe, in a Covid19 boom yet again and for the second year in a row battling the disease? Anything can happen. In my country we have seen countless and countless of businesses shutting down, large and small, 1 year old as well as 50 year old. Things can happen. So before you all completely alienate any hope of friendship within the game, alienate any decent stats you currently have... Before you all go out there and grief, and grief, and grief. Ask yourselves... What's the point? You have no earthly idea what the future holds for us. The only thing we are certain of is that you... Yup, you. You right there flaming, griefing, creating new accounts out of spite to flame some more, grief some more... You are the reason this game is shutting down. No one is finding this game, playing 6 games and enjoying it for life right now. I would be surprised if we have a 100 or more people every month staying for 30 days. I have tried it. I have introduced this game to the entire group of people with whom I play Magic: The Gathering. All 25 or so, how ever many we are. Not a SINGLE person (I'll remind you that 95% of them played Dota/LoL. I think one or two people was like "Yeah, I won't like it, I never played any of those style of games") stayed for the full 6 games. One of asked me why I played, since she had such a horrible experience with other players. I replied to her that I just grew up with it and I'm gonna stick it out. 

I hope you know, that if this game by some miracle, gets sold or co-managed or what ever things happen in this world I know so little about, that it will be shut down again, if we don't behave. If new management comes promotion will be done, advertisement... And if we keep up this embarassingly escalating, egregious exchange of words people will create an account, disappear and sooner or later as a result thereof HoN will do the same. We already have a bad reputation... why make it worse? 

And just a reminder:
- 5,3 million people have died of Covid19
- 150 million people are homeless worldwide
- 811 million people are starving worldwide.

What makes you guys not appreciate that you aren't in those statistics and then just celebrate life? Why be angry on the internet? I seriously will never get it and I hope for the sake of this game that some of you will change. I am 100% sure you aren't like that in the real world, that you are good people. 

Let me speak on the behalf of other players here:

We will forgive you and we will be here with open arms the day you decide to change. No grudges. We promise. 

Kind regards and happy holidays.
Thessaloniki

i wish everyone else from the community was willing to fight for the game as much as u do as a new player the ranked experience has been bad

Edited by Deadlycr1t
1 hour ago, Deadlycr1t said:

i wish everyone else from the community was willing to fight for the game as much as u do as a new player the ranked experience has been bad

I can imagine. I recently got a chance to help even further. I will suggest that you keep playing, it's hopefully going to get better in the new year!

If you want to play some games feel free to add me! 🙂

What amazes me the most is you making a post on a forum and expecting people to suddenly change their ways. I agree with you that things should be better, but i dont think its possible, even if tomorrow is the end of days, some people will still be hateful cunts. HNY everybody ! 🙂

11 minutes ago, titlover said:

What amazes me the most is you making a post on a forum and expecting people to suddenly change their ways. I agree with you that things should be better, but i dont think its possible, even if tomorrow is the end of days, some people will still be hateful cunts. HNY everybody ! 🙂

I'm being a little bit sarcastic, when I express that I expect people to change 😉 I am, however, hoping that people will try and look inwards. 

Yesterday I had a game where someone was trash talking me a lot on the voice chat, because I was doing something he disagreed with and because I have a Russian flag as the symbol on my account, he naturally assumed I was Russian and then his mind quickly went to... you know, the usual suspects. I then meet him in our mid lane, steal his farm as some kind of payback and leave after one creep and shrug it off. But because I did that he shouted really and I mean really obscene things having to do with the death of my family and his wish for me to see  and experience said event in front of my eyes. I didn't know how to react so I just told him, after he, again, pointed to me being Russian, that I am not Russian. Later on, when I get my items going etc. and we are actually winning I tell all chat what he said, because he started trash talking a bit and everyone was like "what..." and I think he got a bit embarassed from actually hearing, 20 minutes later, what he shouted at me then. He then goes rational-mode and comments on the fact that I took his farm etc. I tell him I am not Russian and I took your farm momentarily because of the racist things you said and then he promptly went quiet for the remainder of the game. Situations like this I honestly think, and I might be naive, that he actually learned a little bit and felt really mortified for having said those things. Since I wasn't fast enough to record him with my phone (YES I DO THIS) I didn't do anything about it. I hope the person learned to be more calm when other people are annoying (I wasn't really doing much, in fact I don't remember if I was in the woods to long at a point or something)... I hope he is mortified today as well. Who knows 😉

Edited by Thessaloniki
18 hours ago, titlover said:

Someone needs to take blame cuz this is the most toxic gaming community ive seen in my life  and dota 2 has been my main game for years a pretty toxic community overall in hon ppl troll grief and flame from the 1st lost fight or misplay id enjoy the game much more without these ppl