Save HoN

There is a reason that Dota2 had over 40 millions players and HoN does not.  Dota2 went above and beyond to cater to the "competitive scene" where as HoN has done everything since it's inception to go against the "competitive scene".

Dota2 implemented nearly everything their competitive community wanted.  The same changes were asked for in HoN long ago and semi-recently.  S2 and FrostFire denied them.  Without a true competitive scene and an ability to climb it if it existed HoN was always doomed to never achieve the glory it deserved.

It's not unlikely that the creative/development teams for Dota2 learned from the failures of the S2 and FrostFire teams. I mean if we really think about it every single place HoN failed Dota2 succeeded.

What I'm trying to say HoN had it's time and it was squandered. In that squandering lessons were learned.  HoN has served it's purpose.  I believe you'll be hard pressed to find anyone willing to give more money for the same bad habits.

• Like 1
On 18.12.2021 at 22:04, DemonicRuins said:

Есть причина, по которой у Dota2 было более 40 миллионов игроков, а у HoN-нет. Dota2 сделала все возможное, чтобы удовлетворить "конкурентную сцену", где as HoN с момента своего создания делала все возможное, чтобы противостоять "конкурентной сцене".

Dota2 реализовала почти все, что хотело их конкурентное сообщество. Те же самые изменения были запрошены в HoN давным-давно и совсем недавно. S2 и ФростФайр отвергли их. Без настоящей соревновательной сцены и способности подняться на нее, если бы она существовала, ХоН всегда был обречен никогда не достичь славы, которой он заслуживал.

Вполне вероятно, что творческие команды/команды разработчиков для Dota2 извлекли уроки из неудач команд S2 и FrostFire. Я имею в виду, если мы действительно подумаем об этом, то в каждом месте, где Хон потерпел неудачу, Dota2 преуспел.

То, что я пытаюсь сказать, дорогая, было в свое время, и оно было растрачено впустую. В этом расточительстве были извлечены уроки. Дорогая, это послужило своей цели. Я верю, что вам будет трудно найти кого-нибудь, кто готов отдать больше денег за те же самые вредные привычки.

Exactly. These are all management mistakes. And we must insist that such a legend as HON has not died, but has been resurrected. We need to change the management and put the game in the right hands. Even in this state, our game is a great startup for a great future. I played DOTA2 and LOL and I didn't like it. HON is really strong and is still a delicious part of the pie. It's just necessary that the game finds new owners and starts playing again.

• Thanks 2
16 hours ago, MADMARS said:

Exactly. These are all management mistakes. And we must insist that such a legend as HON has not died, but has been resurrected. We need to change the management and put the game in the right hands. Even in this state, our game is a great startup for a great future. I played DOTA2 and LOL and I didn't like it. HON is really strong and is still a delicious part of the pie. It's just necessary that the game finds new owners and starts playing again.

I highly agree. It's not a question of If, rather a task of finding the right person with a proper vision for the game ( and budget of course )

Edited by Sn1ke