Keep on signing petition please guys.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 8:38 AM, ElementUser said:

Please keep your strong political topics out of this thread. This thread was originally left open solely for awareness regarding the petition.

I have deleted the comments pertaining to those political discussions after a certain point.

Is there a way to view saved replays offline?

Posted (edited)

Steam wont buy this steaming pile, they wouldn't in 2008 and they wont now.
Everyone wants to complain about the dwindling player base but no one accepts why.
This is the absolute single worst community I've ever played in during my 23 years of playing online games.

This is the first time I've checked the forums in a little over a year and maybe play 2-3 games a year and am instantly reminded of why I quit.

Everyone I knew quit long ago and the only time this game was worth playing was when it was region locked.
Unless you were a 2k player you needed comms and when your mid died at 3 minutes, blames the other lanes and you cant even communicate with them to calm them down its already over. Ive literally lost hundreds of hours of my life stuck in a game with a player who flames/blames every teammate for their own mistake, wont CC and is just toxic.

The last game I played was a great example. My support warded bot rune, mid didnt gank for entire first set of ward. The ward dropped around 8 min and THEN he decided to gank. He got caught in their jungle vs a jungler and his mid players and died. Who did he flame? Us at bot for not having a ward for him to gank. He was very happy to come down and take the first 3 runs without ganking when we had wards though!Couldn't possibly be him for going down there blind and not seeing his mid leave right? Had something like a 43% win ratio in silver with a .8 kdr and almost all carry/gankers as top played.

Well we won anyways no thanks to him feeding all game but I spent an hour miserable dealing with that pos. It wasnt fun even when I won, Imagine playing a game for fun, WINNING and still not having fun. Thats HoN.

If this community was worth saving I would be signing, but signing that now is just going to cause pain for random users on steam and I dont support that. Just let this garbo die already, that's what 90% of the community has been working at for years anyways.

Edited by lolGrief
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, lolGrief said:

Everyone wants to complain about the dwindling player base but no one accepts why.
This is the absolute single worst community I've ever played in during my 23 years of playing online games.

This is the first time I've checked the forums in a little over a year and maybe play 2-3 games a year and am instantly reminded of why I quit.

Everyone I knew quit long ago and the only time this game was worth playing was when it was region locked.
Unless you were a 2k player you needed comms and when your mid died at 3 minutes, blames the other lanes and you cant even communicate with them to calm them down its already over. Ive literally lost hundreds of hours of my life stuck in a game with a player who flames/blames every teammate for their own mistake, wont CC and is just toxic.

The last game I played was a great example. My support warded bot rune, mid didnt gank for entire first set of ward. The ward dropped around 8 min and THEN he decided to gank. He got caught in their jungle vs a jungler and his mid players and died. Who did he flame? Us at bot for not having a ward for him to gank. He was very happy to come down and take the first 3 runs without ganking when we had wards though!Couldn't possibly be him for going down there blind and not seeing his mid leave right? Had something like a 43% win ratio in silver with a .8 kdr and almost all carry/gankers as top played.

Well we won anyways no thanks to him feeding all game but I spent an hour miserable dealing with that pos. It wasnt fun even when I won, Imagine playing a game for fun, WINNING and still not having fun. Thats HoN.

If this community was worth saving I would be signing, but signing that now is just going to cause pain for random users on steam and I dont support that. Just let this garbo die already, that's what 90% of the community has been working at for years anyways.

seems like you're actually the main garbage of this community. If you're silver and negative winrate. Then it's 100% your fault, I'd personally have to be drunk for 5 days to play that bad, and even then I'd probably reach 1700 mmr eventually

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2022 at 11:30 AM, ExNinja10 said:

seems like you're actually the main garbage of this community. If you're silver and negative winrate. Then it's 100% your fault, I'd personally have to be drunk for 5 days to play that bad, and even then I'd probably reach 1700 mmr eventually

I will just assume you cant read if that's what you got out of what I said.
When I was playing this game every day from 2008-2015 I averaged about a 60% win rate in the 1800's bracket topping out around 1950. Seldom to never touched it after they added the lame league rip off rank system and hid the MMR of players.

I play maybe at most 5-6 games a year now. Even at the start of season when I place gold after placements then push diamond with how long I quit in between rank decay puts me back in silver anyways.

Playing this game alone is a miserable experience, that's why the game is dead. On top of them making more people like me quit by selling EA avatars that were supposed to be exclusive to the original people who bought them hence "Early access" Company was garbage and had a garbage community. Sad because it was a good game.

Edited by lolGrief
  • Like 1
On 5/24/2022 at 5:58 PM, lolGrief said:

"The worst community"

Hate to break it to you mate, but the community is exactly the same in every MOBA. Mostly because, in many cases, it is the same exact people playing. The amount of positivity vs toxicity is identical in HoN, DotA2 and LoL. 

Keep your salty rants about how you're still 1500 after 14 years and it's "your team's fault" to yourself.

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2022 at 12:30 PM, GoochMeister said:

"The worst community"

Hate to break it to you mate, but the community is exactly the same in every MOBA. Mostly because, in many cases, it is the same exact people playing. The amount of positivity vs toxicity is identical in HoN, DotA2 and LoL. 

Keep your salty rants about how you're still 1500 after 14 years and it's "your team's fault" to yourself.

Its almost like you are illiterate and cant comprehend what I wrote.
You just reiterated what I said, its the worst community.
"huuurrr duuurrr how can you say this is the worst community when its the same community on LoL and DotA 2 and they are toxic also"
That doesnt change the fact its a horrible community! Did I say HoN? No I said this community learn to read. Doesn't matter what game people play its the same community.

Can you even see how redundant what you just said is? Jesus christ Goose when I played with you long ago you def weren't this stupid.

I could solo que out of 1500s when I played every day and did dozens of times. In fact when I would make throw away accounts to smurf on I had to throw first games otherwise I would end up around 1700+ after placement. I only got hard stuck around 1800's in solo ques but when me and my two core friends qued we easily won most games we played. I even remember stomping you out in the 1700 bracket multiple times, only reason I remember is that dumb ass face.

Edited by lolGrief
On 5/29/2022 at 8:32 PM, lolGrief said:

Its almost like you are illiterate and cant comprehend what I wrote.
You just reiterated what I said, its the worst community.
"huuurrr duuurrr how can you say this is the worst community when its the same community on LoL and DotA 2 and they are toxic also"
That doesnt change the fact its a horrible community! Did I say HoN? No I said this community learn to read. Doesn't matter what game people play its the same community.

Can you even see how redundant what you just said is? Jesus christ Goose when I played with you long ago you def weren't this stupid.

I could solo que out of 1500s when I played every day and did dozens of times. In fact when I would make throw away accounts to smurf on I had to throw first games otherwise I would end up around 1700+ after placement. I only got hard stuck around 1800's in solo ques but when me and my two core friends qued we easily won most games we played. I even remember stomping you out in the 1700 bracket multiple times, only reason I remember is that dumb ass face.

Sorry mate but this:

On 5/24/2022 at 5:58 PM, lolGrief said:

In the context of this thread, on this forum, about this game, absolutely is saying that you are referring to HoN specifically and at no point do you say that you mean all MOBAs have a shit community. It's also inconsistent with what could very generously be described as your "point", given that Steam/Valve owns DotA2, a highly successful game with an equally shitty community. Your entire argument is about how HoN has a dwindling player base and won't get picked up "due to a shit community" and you then go on a massive tirade which essentially boils down to you complaining about your teammates losing games for you. 

I have no idea why you're so incredibly upset and salty, but you haven't really said anything worthwhile in this thread, just childish whining. 

Everyone knows why HoN failed, and the community has nothing to do with it. S2 made extremely poor choices for HoN when it came to keeping it relevant and competitive with the other 2 large MOBAs. Their marketing choices were bad, they poured money into a failed project that was clearly trying to compete with LoL, rather than spending it on improving HoN, they screwed the pooch on the F2P model and didn't catch up in time.

HoN's failure to compete was entirely down to poor business decisions, not flaws on the part of either the gameplay or the community. And since this left the devs without the money to keep the game updated, it fell behind in terms of development as well, and as a result started to feel dated. 

And I'm sorry mate, but if you were actually ever "stomping 1700s" then you absolutely would never drop to silver unless you lost all of your fingers or got paralysed from the neck down. 

I'm thinking you would have a better chance getting Blizzard to buy HoN then Valve, because Valve already has DotA, while Blizzard only has HotS which is a failure despite Blizzard's effort to create an eSport league for it. 

Really you should have petitioned amazon games to buy this out.  They had a failed moba and it would have been perfect for them to acquire it.  I'm not sure if valve will acquire this since they already have dota 2.  Signed the petition but its a long shot for valve to quire this.

I will not sign this petition.

To those who have volunteered their time out of love for the game, thank you. To the extent the game partly lived up to its promise I'm sure it was the work of lots of people who wanted it to succeed. I've probably spent $120-200 on this game over the years despite being a person who doesn't really ever spend in free to play. Because I wanted the game to succeed.

HoN, the game I really loved, a game with amazing, impactful effects and snappy play, never bothered to advertise itself much anywhere I saw it. Nobody knew about the game. They never came to PAX. Only Strife came there years later. And so they were eclipsed by really inferior games like LoL and Dota.

The only mode I play, MidWars, has been the treated as a dumping ground for ages. The attitude being that the people in "real" hon, 3 lane play, should be able to come "practice" here and ruin it for the rest of us. Nevermind that 3 lane maps lost their competitive scene ages ago in HoN and many many people play MW now. Games are infuriating because you are suffering DCs and ragekids who will just wander the map while you sit defending towers in 2v5s. They seem to suffer no consequence for being AFK and ruin your games constantly. It has never been clear what if any result has come from reporting anyone. Sometimes I get a message saying report successful, but who knows what that means. So there's a loop of ruined games with the feeling that the game makers don't care at all.

Rather than a good time in the last moments of HoN we are told "oh hon is ending anyway just deal with all the awfulness in games and have fun" as if you can have fun when you're playing a 2v5 every single game. The onus is put on the players to have to have fun through any bad stuff rather than the game creators to make the final moments of the game fun by enforcing any sort of conduct code. A passive feeling of "it's over anyway so just deal with any bad stuff, nobody's going to suffer any consequence if reported" pervades every game.

To top this off we are given messages threatening us with permabans if we are "toxic" whatever toxic means. This suggest if we do get frustrated by any of these things we risk also being kicked. And it's not seen as any sort of helpful promise of upholding the rules since the rules have never been clearly enforced or the results of RAPs shown in any detail.

I've had a streamer threaten to R me and talk about how disgusted he was by a certain race and on and on and on....pretty sure that guy suffered zero consequence.

So as much fun as I've had over the years this cloud has always been there. Ruining this game.

And now it seems Garena would rather milk the IP for some cell phone shovel-ware than do the bare minimum to even keep the game up to this extent.

Don't ask me to sign a petition to keep this corpse alive.

There are so many wonderful games out there now and other things worth doing.