Keep on signing petition please guys.

I'm all in for singing the petition but I really think the $$ people are putting in is only going to the company that makes the petition rather than adding to the cause - Let's face it, even if your money went to "Showing it to more people" - Unless they know what HoN is and have played it, they have no reason to sign the petition.

• 3 weeks later...

In case steam would acquire HoN, they would like use hero assets for dota (as they already wanted in the past) rather than hosting the game on steam.. that would be just my guess. Data miners already found plenty of HoN's heroes on dota2 source code like zeph and puppet.. At least that's what I would do if I was working for steam.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
they should let him say goodbye with dignity.
I'm going to miss Hon's gameplay so much :/
Those who can still play enjoy it until their last day.

Edited by KandoXxD
On 1/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, hegelsohn said:

In case steam would acquire HoN, they would like use hero assets for dota (as they already wanted in the past) rather than hosting the game on steam.. that would be just my guess. Data miners already found plenty of HoN's heroes on dota2 source code like zeph and puppet.. At least that's what I would do if I was working for steam.

Man if steam will buy HoN that would be the most amazing wet dream ever. Sadly it's just a sad dreams, as I understand it Garena isn't going to let the IP of HoN to be sold and used separately from them, as they're still using the assets.

This would create some complex legal issues that can be ultimately resolved if negotiated between the companies' lawyers, but I really doubt any party wishes to invest time and money to resolve those IP (intellectual property) issues, which I assume would be pretty significant. Also, I don't think HoN's reputation is good enough to allow for a brave investment.

What a shame though, HoN is truly unique and honestly the best MOBA out there. Everything in HoN just makes so much sense and feels so well to play, the art, sound and creativity is top notch and amazing. It's truly one of a kind, a very missed opportunity throughout the years.

Except for the Asian announcers lol. They are just super trash.

Edited by Blizzard
On 2/2/2022 at 12:16 AM, Blizzard said:

Man if steam will buy HoN that would be the most amazing wet dream ever. Sadly it's just a sad dreams, as I understand it Garena isn't going to let the IP of HoN to be sold and used separately from them, as they're still using the assets.

This would create some complex legal issues that can be ultimately resolved if negotiated between the companies' lawyers, but I really doubt any party wishes to invest time and money to resolve those IP (intellectual property) issues, which I assume would be pretty significant. Also, I don't think HoN's reputation is good enough to allow for a brave investment.

What a shame though, HoN is truly unique and honestly the best MOBA out there. Everything in HoN just makes so much sense and feels so well to play, the art, sound and creativity is top notch and amazing. It's truly one of a kind, a very missed opportunity throughout the years.

Except for the Asian announcers lol. They are just super trash.

Yes it would. I had hope for HoN 5.0. Yes everything with HoN is good. Sad we lost the playerbase. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2022 at 10:24 AM, Wife said:

Yes it would. I had hope for HoN 5.0. Yes everything with HoN is good. Sad we lost the playerbase. 

Theres no way hon survives with current Admins/GM, thats why it's dead in first place.

The ban system is ridiculous, atm 25% of the players are getting banned 🙂

Tbh thank god this game is shutting down, it was very good but they build up toxicity not attacking the roots but the lashouts from it. Ex: a rage pick leading to 2 mid, the one who asked 1st will be banned for swaering at the second that in fact rage picked 🙂

2 hours ago, empaler said:

Theres no way hon survives with current Admins/GM, thats why it's dead in first place.

Tbh thank god this game is shutting down, it was very good but they build up toxicity not attacking the roots but the lashouts from it. Ex: a rage pick leading to 2 mid, the one who asked 1st will be banned for swaering at the second that in fact rage picked 🙂

Only jokesters brought up on off-grid internet edge shunting slurs left and right are getting permabanned. You I'm assuming being one of them.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, empaler said:

I honestly wish people outside of the internet would learn from the policy that HoN-GM-Team is following.
What if the response to someone attacking your country would just be to simply ignore that instead of fighting back? A lot less people would die, a lot less money would have to be spend on weapons, a lot less nature would be destroyed and chances for survival of humanity would skyrocket. And the only cost for that would be people turning the other cheek instead of going all rampage because someone else did something stupid.
If you just ignore nations (because there is no reason to not ignore them - people speak different languages, behave slightly differently, pay different taxes and so on, but nothing that matters is any different ....) and just live your life as if nothing happened, everything would be better. And that's exactly the same for HoN and misbehaving players of it. If you just ignore them, you can be nearly as happy as if they didn't exist. And eventually they will loose their motivation because all they do is just to get attention of other people and you're no longer giving that to them.
But as humanity keeps proofing, the point in time where a majority of people think that way is still very far in the future. However I'm glad that HoN actually has bright enough minds behind the curtains that this has been a reality for it for quite some time.

Please keep your strong political topics out of this thread. This thread was originally left open solely for awareness regarding the petition.

I have deleted the comments pertaining to those political discussions after a certain point.

• Like 1

You want HON to live but only 5k people signed. That mean no1 is playing this game anymore.... 5k players signed (i am one of them) plus let it be 10k are playing but dont care to sign. Lets face it. Its over gys. GG WP for HON

1 hour ago, Belgarath_ said:

You want HON to live but only 5k people signed. That mean no1 is playing this game anymore.... 5k players signed (i am one of them) plus let it be 10k are playing but dont care to sign. Lets face it. Its over gys. GG WP for HON

There's only a fraction of players that play the game that also use the forum. Most don't even know of it's existence.

Also mean people like me who just don't bother signing a petition which wouldn't make any difference even if 100k people would sign it.

• Like 1