Thank you HoN!

I've been playing this game since 2009 and about 3 weeks ago I was dealt a perma-ban on all my accounts; although I cannot play anymore it's sad that the game will be going away completely.

I want to give a big thanks to everyone who kept HoN alive. Thanks to the staff and community. The game has brought me great memories and friends.

P.S even though I do dislike some of you in-game and y'all dislike me. I guess it's what made HoN HoN if you know you know. Best wishes to you all.

"Long Live The King"  - From the Lion King movie.

HoN never listened to my ideas, thats why its dead now. Banning people for trashtalking - shot in the knee when you have that small player base. I cant even count how many times I reported players that went 1-16 etc and never got banned for feeding, but you could call someone an idiot or retard once or twice and boom 2 weeks ban and then 2 weeks mute so you cant communicate. 

At last I can honestly say that they got what they deserved, I even made astronomical thread HoN 5.0 how to make HoN great again, there were upgrades to all systems and parts of the game, all dimensions. The only thing they took was blinking hon icon on taskbar when you are in windows and you found a match. Ridiculous, that was goldmine of ideas. But people that have 0 idea about things decided to obtain completely different path for the game and it became what it became.

25 minutes ago, ensid said:

HoN never listened to my ideas, thats why its dead now. Banning people for trashtalking - shot in the knee when you have that small player base. I cant even count how many times I reported players that went 1-16 etc and never got banned for feeding, but you could call someone an idiot or retard once or twice and boom 2 weeks ban and then 2 weeks mute so you cant communicate. 

At last I can honestly say that they got what they deserved, I even made astronomical thread HoN 5.0 how to make HoN great again, there were upgrades to all systems and parts of the game, all dimensions. The only thing they took was blinking hon icon on taskbar when you are in windows and you found a match. Ridiculous, that was goldmine of ideas. But people that have 0 idea about things decided to obtain completely different path for the game and it became what it became.

It's not that we didn't listen. We didn't have the full team/resources to do most of it. You wouldn't really understand unless you knew exactly who worked on the game & what resources we actually had (and the level of access/development permissions missing on Frostburn Studios' side, so it was physically impossible for most of your suggestions to ever happen because of it). But yes, you can keep on telling yourself that if it makes you feel better... as long as you know what is actually true, that's fine with me.

A more accurate sentiment would be adding the conditional clause of "and HoN had the resources to do it". Then it would be reasonable - but what you were requesting was not reasonable given what HoN was allocated.

Edited by ElementUser
20 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

It's not that we didn't listen. We didn't have the full team/resources to do most of it. You wouldn't really understand unless you knew exactly who worked on the game & what resources we actually had (and the level of access/development permissions missing on Frostburn Studios' side, so it was physically impossible for most of your suggestions to ever happen because of it). But yes, you can keep on telling yourself that if it makes you feel better... as long as you know what is actually true, that's fine with me.

A more accurate sentiment would be adding the conditional clause of "and HoN had the resources to do it". Then it would be reasonable - but what you were requesting was not reasonable given what HoN was allocated.

HoN had resources! But people lost their interest in the game after those crazy bad decisions like just before 4.0 hit, the game was literally unplayable, that was like I can only guess months if not more of hardwork in completely wrong direction. And because of those decisions which were made people lost interest, which means, less players, which means less money and so on and it's like an avalanche. Then you came, you did your best but the crew was cut etc. Only because of utter bad decisions the game was going down, HoN was in good position in ~2010 I believe even tho there was LoL and then Dota. If S2 Games, then Frostburn, then Garena would make good calls the game would be in completely different position but I tend to say that whenever idiots take over the course of the game it tends to be fail. I also tend to say it about Blizzard. When they were just bunch of nerds that didnt do that for money or fame they did greatest titles, but then when the company grew and idiots came that their only interest is in rubrics, excel and pie charts game always go down because its no more done for hobby and honesty, but only for money. Same thing happened here. 
Its just like in the company Im working in, Im work on typical production line and people that sit in their offices are doing all the time stupid ridiculous decisions because they dont know how it works on production line because they sit their asses in offices and they always do more harm than good for sake just for doing anything to let people see they are doing something. 

Everyone has had different suggestions on what could've improved the game. Who knows for one side it might've made it great but it also might've deterred others etc.

We have to believe that we all genuinely wanted what was best for the game and we did everything we could for each other.