Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june

1 hour ago, War_Of_Ages said:

Dear developers and administrators!
Do you have the ability to export game data for users? So that each of us could go here and download all the information about ourselves (how many hours played, what skins were bought, favorite characters, etc.)
Many of us grew up on this game, and at least such pleasant nostalgia will remind you of the wonderful years in front of the monitor...

You can get all that information through the in-game client while HoN's services are still up.

You just have to take screenshots of the areas of interest.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary right now  

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone fo

It weighs heavy on my heart to login and play HoN today for the very last time. It has been the game that brought me & my friends together for years and years and im glad to have been able to pl

Alternatively you can also run wireshark locally while accessing all the data in your client.
Iirc some of it is transferred without encryption, so you can just read it that way. Afaik everything is transfered via http, so just use that filter and you should be able to find most things.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ElementUser said:

You can get all that information through the in-game client while HoN's services are still up.

You just have to take screenshots of the areas of interest.

Where can we find the number of hours played?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Where can we find the number of hours played?

You can estimate it by multiplying the average game time by the number of games you play. You may need to adjust the values & do a weighted sum for Mid Wars games vs. FoC games.

Edited by ElementUser
1 minute ago, ElementUser said:

You can estimate it by multiplying the average game time by the number of games you play. You may need to adjust the values & do a weighted sum for Mid Wars games vs. FoC games.

A neural network might do the trick

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, beatmyemp said:

i can't believe its happening yet. How come are u guys not cyring all day??

I personally felt depressed about playing it and didnt play it since months now. 

4 minutes ago, BlazeArdent said:

I personally felt depressed about playing it and didnt play it since months now. 

I'm a 30y lawyer grown up man. I've been playing since beta, multiple accounts. It has been part of my routine for so long to get home and play some MW to forget everything else, i got no interest in learning a new game, adult life doenst really let you. 😭

10 minutes ago, beatmyemp said:

i can't believe its happening yet. How come are u guys not cyring all day??

For sometime i was sad too but maybe its better that the game dies than to exist in that state

1 minute ago, Deadlycr1t said:

For sometime i was sad too but maybe its better that the game dies than to exist in that state

What do you mean by that state? Queing in MW is so fast nowadays :((. I wish they had let people be still spending money, maybe it would lead them to extend the end for some more months/years.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, beatmyemp said:

I'm a 30y lawyer grown up man. I've been playing since beta, multiple accounts. It has been part of my routine for so long to get home and play some MW to forget everything else, i got no interest in learning a new game, adult life doenst really let you. 😭

Tbh it's not just a matter of learning a new game, but more like 'is there another game which is worth it. other mobas arent as attractive. DoTA2 doesnt catch my eye and i tried LoL and didnt find it as enjoyable as HoN gameplay-wise.

Edited by BlazeArdent
47 minutes ago, beatmyemp said:

What do you mean by that state? Queing in MW is so fast nowadays :((. I wish they had let people be still spending money, maybe it would lead them to extend the end for some more months/years.

I mean the game is in state of decay for years 50 or 100 players buying coins won't do anything unless ur a Saudi arab prince or smth i guess hons fate was sealed long ago

9 hours ago, beatmyemp said:

Basically the decision was made in december (or maybe earlier internally) and server providers were given the notice. But I assume they already payed for until june and couldn't terminate them earlier.
It would be kinda unfair to let us continue to buy things that would (mostly) only go into the pockets of Garena without a real chance to extend HoNs lifetime.

I believe HoNs costs could have been payed by different options (like having those Saudi players pay for them 😉), but it would just not be worth it for Garena.

HoN was P2W for a while with 'early access' to new characters that were ridiculously overpowered.
That greed alone along with other questionable decisions may have had a deterreing effect.
Plus HoN had zero marketing.
It was purely friend of friend type of networking.

League of Lesbians is like a game for children/dysfunctional brain capacity.
Dota 2's delay gives me anxiety.

Not sure what's next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Posted (edited)

@ElementUser Would you be able to give me the total cost of expenses required to upkeep HoN in 2021, and if there's any possibility to take outside investment to keep the game running. Even possibly acquiring the game. All for old times sake as it would all come out of my pocket and I understand I will never see a positive ROI.

Edited by Supermanirl

I don't think the costs to keep HoN running were relevant. Playerbase would have easily have been able to keep at least servers up. If Garena wanted to sell HoN, they would have done it. Likely not happening due to copyrights.

But that was discussed before..

On 6/6/2022 at 6:37 AM, Supermanirl said:

@ElementUser Would you be able to give me the total cost of expenses required to upkeep HoN in 2021, and if there's any possibility to take outside investment to keep the game running. Even possibly acquiring the game. All for old times sake as it would all come out of my pocket and I understand I will never see a positive ROI.

I heard garena wants to use hon heroes and skinns for some mobile game they have. That's why they don't want to sell it.

but hey: I'd also be more than happy to chip in and pay for the servers if they change their mind 

On 6/3/2022 at 8:22 PM, Manu311 said:

Alternatively you can also run wireshark locally while accessing all the data in your client.
Iirc some of it is transferred without encryption, so you can just read it that way. Afaik everything is transfered via http, so just use that filter and you should be able to find most things.

Oh, so great idea!
Potentially, with this intercepted data, I can write and run my own local server (of course, not for commercial use).
Thank you for advice!

On 6/3/2022 at 8:22 PM, Manu311 said:

BTW, do you know sbdy who has already done this? (I mean wrote the server)

13 hours ago, War_Of_Ages said:

BTW, do you know sbdy who has already done this? (I mean wrote the server)

I don't

I think creating a server yourself from scratch from the network-traffic you captured is legally "fine". But I assume the actual game-protocol is way harder to reverse-engineer than the trivial stats. Without looking into it, I assume stats and shop-stuff is transferred in a readable format (json, xml, php-serialized stuff) but there is no way the game-state is readable, that'll be binary and pretty hard to reverse-engineer (also you don't have that much time to fetch the required data).

hon is an incredible moba, who never had a company that knew how to treat him... I hope he really gets sold to some smaller developer... at least so we can have fun...

we can't just bury a game as amazing as this...
all avatars referencing characters... blitz = sonic, scout = assassins screed
gauntlet = one punch man
berseck = mario

taunts, announcements...

hon has something that no other moba has... which are these fun references...

Please, we can't just let this go away...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, darkmasters said:

hon is an incredible moba, who never had a company that knew how to treat him... I hope he really gets sold to some smaller developer... at least so we can have fun...

we can't just bury a game as amazing as this...
all avatars referencing characters... blitz = sonic, scout = assassins screed
gauntlet = one punch man
berseck = mario

taunts, announcements...

hon has something that no other moba has... which are these fun references...

Please, we can't just let this go away...

Hon is an amazing game that needs a lot of work though who knows maybe someday they will freeware the game we can only hope even if the chances are very low

Edited by Deadlycr1t