Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june

I really do not feel like reading 8 pages of this thread in case it was brought up... can I get an actual time of when the server will shut down? Like June 20th at 0:00 EDT? I know the in game time does not align with Eastern Daylight Time, so I want to be 100% ready for when the shutdown occurs. 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary right now  

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone fo

It weighs heavy on my heart to login and play HoN today for the very last time. It has been the game that brought me & my friends together for years and years and im glad to have been able to pl

35 minutes ago, pchad928 said:

I really do not feel like reading 8 pages of this thread in case it was brought up... can I get an actual time of when the server will shut down? Like June 20th at 0:00 EDT? I know the in game time does not align with Eastern Daylight Time, so I want to be 100% ready for when the shutdown occurs. 

It has been brought up, but there has been no answer.
I assume it's not in the hands of FB (or GG) and the servers will just shut down when the hosting providers shut them down. Might even differ between different regions.

it was my happiest years of my life when i joined beta then played non-stop with my friends for 2 years. It was the best moba exprience until dota 2 matured  after many years since released.

Every 2 years i visit here read some topics then play for some time around 1 or 2 week.

Like every beauty in the world,  the thing should come to end. I am totally agree that ending the service instead watching slow painful dead , I will have always awesome memories on early years of Hon. Wish all the employees luck in their following career

Dear Staff, dear @ElementUser and @Tommy!
Forgive me for responding so sharply to you in the request when restoring my account, I didn't know...
that's why you restored me... I am a 40-year-old man, I have a company, a son and a wife, I put them to bed, but I can't calm down myself ... for 13 years HoN has always been like a part of the soul, you always knew that after the difficult vicissitudes of the real world, you could always distract yourself with friends or just with random players. This game has become a part of us, almost like a child, no matter how scolded, but we will always love it anyway!
Forgive me again, thank you for everything, health to the family, forever in our heart!
P.S. I opened the refrigerator and opened a sealed collector's bottle of vodka that was for a rainy day. Salute!<3

Простите меня что так резко ответил Вам в запросе при восстановлении моего аккаунта, я не знал...
Вот зачем вы восстановили меня... Я  40 летний мужчина, есть компания, сын и жена, их уложил спать, а сам не могу успокоится... 13 лет HoN всегда был как часть души, ты всегда знал что после тяжелых перипетий реального мира, ты всегда мог с друзьями или просто с рандом игроками отвлечься. Эта игра стала частью нас, почти как ребенок, как бы не ругали, но все равно всегда будем любить!
Простите меня еще раз, спасибо Вам за все, здоровья семье, навсегда в нашем сердце!
P.S. открыл холодильник и открыл запечатанную коллекционную бутылку водочки, которая была на черный день. Salute!<3

• Like 1
On 5/5/2022 at 6:52 AM, Manu311 said:

I wouldn't go as far as "no" more trolls. but the numbers have decreased.

However I also noticed two other differences:

1. More leavers (not as much as I remember from DotA (1) but more than ever in HoN)
2. Way longer queue times (Foc with ranks between silver 1 and diamond 2)

They have increased bans.  I think weeding them out closer to the end.  Moderators/staff/hi-lvl only at the end, I think is the plan.

I see a lot of high mmr players in midwars. How can this game die when I can find a new match in 2 minutes. I still cant believe it. I hope they sue their asses and stop this shutdown. 

not relative to the topic but id like to ask for an invite to the discord servers ive learned last night that theres no invites anymore cuz of toxicity but im not like that all i want is play and enjoy hons last month with the community

Will we have somewhere to post our memories after the servers close?
I remember when Grande Chase's servers shut down, a memorial site was created where players could post screenshots and text.
Something like that would be cool here, I know HoN has a lot of players who grew up playing and has great stories to tell.
I vote for a site called Memories of Newerth (MoN). All HoN players and contributors would love to have a place to leave their memories and move forward.

Who's with me?

1 hour ago, NaoDa said:

Will we have somewhere to post our memories after the servers close?
I remember when Grande Chase's servers shut down, a memorial site was created where players could post screenshots and text.
Something like that would be cool here, I know HoN has a lot of players who grew up playing and has great stories to tell.
I vote for a site called Memories of Newerth (MoN). All HoN players and contributors would love to have a place to leave their memories and move forward.

Who's with me?

There'll probably always be Reddit. But I guess no one stops you from creating your own memorial site for HoN. If it's properly done, you might even get an official shoutout.

Posted (edited)

@ElementUser in the last week before the closure, will there be any kind of special event or anything?

Would it be possible to make Midwars with Duplicate Heroes? Not in the Public games section, but in the official Midwars game mode.

I don't know if the players remember, but back in the day when public games were a thing, sometimes you would join a MW with some custom modes and Duplicate Heroes was one of them. Man was that fun as heck, having like 3 TB in the team, or 3 Devo. 😄

Edited by Mefer

Is there any sort of community project for allowing players to continue playing HoN with one another in pub games?

If there is, I'd be interested in financially supporting such an effort.

LoL, Dota2, any of the others, they're all pretty "meh" to me. Nothing plays quite like HoN, it'd be a shame to lose that for good.

• Like 2

spacer.png

I know this is off-topic but I am not sure where else to post (tried reddit but was removed and tried to create a new topic but couldn't get past selecting topic category). How can I play ranked with a level 1 account? I heard I need to be level 5 to access ranked but I do not know how to level my account. If account experience is disabled then I guess that is how it is!

14 minutes ago, ATlienated said:

I know this is off-topic but I am not sure where else to post (tried reddit but was removed and tried to create a new topic but couldn't get past selecting topic category). How can I play ranked with a level 1 account? I heard I need to be level 5 to access ranked but I do not know how to level my account. If account experience is disabled then I guess that is how it is!

I dont think that u need to be lvl 5 to play ranked im lvl 4 and im playing u can lvl up through midwars too

1 hour ago, ATlienated said:

I think you needed level 3 years back, right now you shouldn't need levels I think. I might just have missed or forgotten about the revert (my age, you know).

56 minutes ago, ATlienated said:

Weird. I cannot level up or play ranked. Where can I make a ticket for this?

https://support.heroesofnewerth.com/

• Thanks 1

Dear developers and administrators!
Do you have the ability to export game data for users? So that each of us could go here and download all the information about ourselves (how many hours played, what skins were bought, favorite characters, etc.)
Many of us grew up on this game, and at least such pleasant nostalgia will remind you of the wonderful years in front of the monitor...