Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary right now  

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone fo

It weighs heavy on my heart to login and play HoN today for the very last time. It has been the game that brought me & my friends together for years and years and im glad to have been able to pl

On 3/15/2022 at 5:51 PM, Marv21 said:

The Server files are in Part leaked already.

Maybe the Client too.

There will be no Matchmaking ofcourse, but privat servers would totally be there. Wouldnt be legal, but maybe with a Forum people could get together to play.

anybody interest to make hon playable again after shutdown ? hit me up !

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Poseidon said:

What is dead may never die.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war Newerth." -Bubbles 🐢

Might be a fever dream but who knows what might happen, i have enjoyed many, many games with awesome people i cherrish those memories, wish you all the best! 🙂

Sadly Dota2 does not have Sapphire... she was my Crystal meth.

Might be off topic, but does anyone know if there is a mod for DotA2 wich imports the basic hero models from HoN and shop items?

for example HoN's Shrunkenhead icon instead of Blackkingbar
Soulstealer instead of shadow fiend
- it would help alot of people getting used to the "new" but familiar heroes and items in Dota2.

(im just assuming alot of people will go to the "next best thing")

Newerth has been my favourite place of them all, always will be.

On 3/22/2022 at 12:31 AM, _machete_ said:

Hi everyone,

Could anyone please guide me to the correct person or company to discuss about acquiring HoN?

We have a lot of wealthy people who grow up playing that game but we are not sure on how to proceed.

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks 🙂

Try writing to their support, I guess... wish I had better idea for you.

18 hours ago, DragoniseR said:

"Only the dead have seen the end of war Newerth." -Bubbles 🐢

Might be a fever dream but who knows what might happen, i have enjoyed many, many games with awesome people i cherrish those memories, wish you all the best! 🙂

Sadly Dota2 does not have Sapphire... she was my Crystal meth.

Might be off topic, but does anyone know if there is a mod for DotA2 wich imports the basic hero models from HoN and shop items?

for example HoN's Shrunkenhead icon instead of Blackkingbar
Soulstealer instead of shadow fiend
- it would help alot of people getting used to the "new" but familiar heroes and items in Dota2.

(im just assuming alot of people will go to the "next best thing")

Newerth has been my favourite place of them all, always will be.

@RedBear

20 hours ago, Wife said:

I posted a similar mod in the next thread. However, it replaces the icons of items and heroes from DotA 1, not from DotA 2. Also, I have not fixed all of its functionality. I've stopped modding as the game is about to close and my account has also been re-suspended. 

Edited by RedBear

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that any game platform is shutting down especially oen I played over 12 years ago.

So my HoN account was created in 04/2012 and I havent played or logged in for over 12 years. My friends are still very active on the game and I would love to play the last couple months with them. I logged into my account and all my stats are wiped clean and I have no Rank. So I've tried playing Ranked matches but I cant even connect. I played 6 Midwars matches and that didnt work either. 

Is there anything else I can do to acquire a Ranking so I can play Ranked with them?

Thanks for anyones time if they respond!

Matt

17 minutes ago, Oooch said:

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that any game platform is shutting down especially oen I played over 12 years ago.

So my HoN account was created in 04/2012 and I havent played or logged in for over 12 years. My friends are still very active on the game and I would love to play the last couple months with them. I logged into my account and all my stats are wiped clean and I have no Rank. So I've tried playing Ranked matches but I cant even connect. I played 6 Midwars matches and that didnt work either. 

Is there anything else I can do to acquire a Ranking so I can play Ranked with them?

Thanks for anyones time if they respond!

Matt

Hi Oooch, you're kinda late to the party 😉.

I think you should be able to play normally if you have a player level above 3. However I think that restriction had been removed somewhere in the meantime, but your account might be stuck in that limitation or something.
You could contact Customer support at support.heroesofnewerth.com and ask them if they have an idea.

5 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

Hi Oooch, you're kinda late to the party 😉.

I think you should be able to play normally if you have a player level above 3. However I think that restriction had been removed somewhere in the meantime, but your account might be stuck in that limitation or something.
You could contact Customer support at support.heroesofnewerth.com and ask them if they have an idea.

Haha, Yea I know, Unfortunately I'm way late to the party. I did message customer support and I'm waiting on a response. I thought maybe there would be some members also that might have a solution.  

Hopefully I can come to some kind of resolution with them.

Thanks!!! 

On 12/13/2021 at 9:52 PM, Wife said:

Dear Heroes of Newerth (HoN) players,

Heroes of Newerth (HoN) has been in service for a long time. We would like to extend our sincere thanks to everyone who has been on this journey, created special memories together with us, moved HoN forward, and created a lot of unforgettable stories for HoN, as well as making Heroes of Newerth become one of the most popular MOBA games in history.

The Heroes of Newerth team regrets to announce that Heroes of Newerth’s service will officially come to an end on June 20, 2022.

We, the Heroes of Newerth Team, would like to thank our players for all the support we’ve been receiving all this time. Please find the schedule and details of key dates for everyone below:

December 13, 2021
- Gold Coins will no longer be purchasable at 9am Eastern Time (EST, GMT -5).

December 31, 2021
- New accounts can no longer be created.

June 20, 2022
- Close down Heroes of Newerth’s services, and gradually close down other official communication platforms for Heroes of Newerth over time.

Last but not least, even though the journey of HoN or Heroes of Newerth has come to an end, we believe that all the valuable memories of our players through all these years will never fade away.

___

To thank our players for the valuable memories all this time, we have launched the exclusive in-game events, so that you can throw back to those good old days once again before the game will be permanently closed. Please find the detail of the events below for the HoN NAEU/International client:

Permanent Events (starting from December 20, 2021 up until the end of service):
- Silver Coin multiplier for Matchmaking games increased to 10x.

Plinko Drop Rates
- Drop rates for the Diamond Chest will be permanently increased to 4x.

Regarding Gold-Coin exclusive products
- Certain products will be made available with Silver Coins. This process will be done gradually over time, at the sole discretion of Frostburn Studios (given the current circumstances).
- It is not feasible to unlock every single avatar or product, and some products cannot be made to be purchasable with Silver Coins only.

Farewell Events from December 20, 2021 to February 19, 2022

Gameplay Events
- First 10/20/30/40/50 Forests of Caldavar games played, get 1000/2000/3000/4000/5000 Silver Coins, respectively.
- First 10/20/30/40/50 Mid Wars games played, get 500/1000/1500/2000/2500 Silver Coins, respectively.
- First 10/20/30/40/50 Forests of Caldavar games won, get 700/1400/2100/2800/3500 Plinko Tickets, respectively.

Login Events
- If you log in for 5/10/20/30/40/50/60 consecutive days, you get 500/1000/2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 Silver Coins, respectively.

Gifting
- Players will also be able to Gift other players items from the HoN Store during the Farewell Event period (with the remainder of their Gold Coins).
- Limit of 5 Gifts sent from an account.

___ camzap bazoocam

It’s all those little moments with you that I love the most. Enjoy the last moments of HoN together!

See you in Heroes of Newerth.

==============================

HoN Service - Q&A

Q: I can play HoN until when?
A: You can play HoN up until June 20th, 2022

Q: How long will the Farewell Event last? And who can participate in the event?
A: Farewell Event will last for 2 months, from December 20th, 2021 to February 19, 2022. Anyone can participate in this event

Q: If I am a new player, how can I participate in Farewell Event?
A: You have to create an account on the official HoN website before December 30th, 2021.

Q: Will items purchased during Farewell Event vanish after the event ends?
A: No, it will not vanish. You will be able to use those items until the End of Service day.

This answer may be take you quite long to write..... Thanks for your efforts

On 3/22/2022 at 12:31 AM, _machete_ said:

Hi everyone,

Could anyone please guide me to the correct person or company to discuss about acquiring HoN?

We have a lot of wealthy people who grow up playing that game but we are not sure on how to proceed.

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks 🙂

I think you would need to contact Garena and try to negotiate in a way that they will keep the rights but you'll pay the bills for servers etc.

Damnit, just tried some Dota and beyond the  slow turn rates and artificial delays on animations and the graphics.... Man . Just played a game where we were 24-4 in the first 7 minutes.

Even in this messed up community everyone would concede that match in a heartbeat. 

Here...you have to play to the end. Its so frustrating, it feels like a timewaste. 
Id rather take the toxicity than this frustration. 

The weirdest thing is I barely know my hero, have no idea about 50% of all other heroes and I was 1 - 1 - 2. I dont know what the fuck these people are doing. 

Edited by Ondis
7 hours ago, Ondis said:

The weirdest thing is I barely know my hero, have no idea about 50% of all other heroes and I was 1 - 1 - 2. I dont know what the fuck these people are doing. 

Sounds like a "placement problem".
I mean if you start HoN you aren't playing against Diamond players but against Silvers and a lot of the time players just do very strange things in that rating 😅.
Most of the things that make one a good HoN player, will probably also translate to DotA 2 just fine. And you have the advantage that you have a lot more time to think before the units actually respond 😉. Maybe that's the reason why DotA 2 is more successful (now) than HoN: "People" (definitely not talking about personal experience) grow older and slower 😅.

12 hours ago, Ondis said:

Damnit, just tried some Dota and beyond the  slow turn rates and artificial delays on animations and the graphics.... Man . Just played a game where we were 24-4 in the first 7 minutes.

Even in this messed up community everyone would concede that match in a heartbeat. 

Here...you have to play to the end. Its so frustrating, it feels like a timewaste. 
Id rather take the toxicity than this frustration. 

Every time I'm losing heavily in DotA, the game seems like it's gonna drag on, but it usually ends 5 or so minutes later. There's an upside to this because when you are winning you'll get to enjoy your advantage. Beyond that, the concede mentality in HoN has always bothered me to an extent. People just give up because they think the game can't be turned around anymore. Newsflash: you are fallible. I also make this mistake every now and then where I demotivate teammates thinking I can perfectly calculate all the factors, but I'm no supercomputer, and neither are you. Granted, 24-4 is extreme, but in ranked games this doesn't happen as often, and basically no match is over until it is over.

7 hours ago, Manu311 said:

Sounds like a "placement problem".
I mean if you start HoN you aren't playing against Diamond players but against Silvers and a lot of the time players just do very strange things in that rating 😅.
Most of the things that make one a good HoN player, will probably also translate to DotA 2 just fine. And you have the advantage that you have a lot more time to think before the units actually respond 😉. Maybe that's the reason why DotA 2 is more successful (now) than HoN: "People" (definitely not talking about personal experience) grow older and slower 😅.

I kinda have to agree with that last point. 5 years ago I couldnt stand more than a game or two with a RL friend before the slow speed made me quit. Nowdays its actually "okay". Still feels bad but not terrible.

Lack of concede bothers me on a psychological level though, because the only way to actually "concede" is to do what here would be basically griefing, which is to afk. Or...if youre lucky and one person leaves first, you can leave as well. While here most people will play an even game 4v5. 

Its so weird being encouraged to grief lol. 
Also its very difficult to know if youre improving or not since there is no GPM counter.  Sure at the end of the game I guess you can find out somehow but not while in game. Terrible for junglers, learning the paths and all.  I canbarely see those tiny gold counters when I get gold to begin with. 

Edited by Ondis
1 hour ago, twoscoopsREE said:

Every time I'm losing heavily in DotA, the game seems like it's gonna drag on, but it usually ends 5 or so minutes later. There's an upside to this because when you are winning you'll get to enjoy your advantage. Beyond that, the concede mentality in HoN has always bothered me to an extent. People just give up because they think the game can't be turned around anymore. Newsflash: you are fallible. I also make this mistake every now and then where I demotivate teammates thinking I can perfectly calculate all the factors, but I'm no supercomputer, and neither are you. Granted, 24-4 is extreme, but in ranked games this doesn't happen as often, and basically no match is over until it is over.

It was one of their "turbo games" which is basically easy mode/casual on steroids. 😛 But still.  The insane thing was that due to the rubber mechanics, or complete lack of cohesion in both teams, that game actually took 20 more minutes and we were the first to push rax... I dont even know man. We lost in the end though, 

1 hour ago, Ondis said:

It was one of their "turbo games" which is basically easy mode/casual on steroids. 😛 But still.  The insane thing was that due to the rubber mechanics, or complete lack of cohesion in both teams, that game actually took 20 more minutes and we were the first to push rax... I dont even know man. We lost in the end though, 

That is a significant thing to leave out from your post. Turbo is completely different, as players will take the meat grinder approach, and rarely focus on the objectives. Definitely stick to unranked games even if you aren't well acquainted with the heroes yet. What worked for me is to adhere to a rule that I would preview a new hero every time I decided to queue.

DotA's balance is much, much more polished. For example, heroes such as Ophelia / Chen aren't allowed to randomly win the skeleton lottery and wreak havoc from the first minute, and the neutral items add so much more depth to comebacks. What I noticed is that heroes don't snowball as much and don't output as ridiculous damage as snowballing in HoN could yield, and overcommitting to map control with no regard for resources can place you behind much more easily than in HoN. Overall DotA does feel like the better game from the gameplay standpoint.

4 hours ago, twoscoopsREE said:

That is a significant thing to leave out from your post. Turbo is completely different, as players will take the meat grinder approach, and rarely focus on the objectives. Definitely stick to unranked games even if you aren't well acquainted with the heroes yet. What worked for me is to adhere to a rule that I would preview a new hero every time I decided to queue.

DotA's balance is much, much more polished. For example, heroes such as Ophelia / Chen aren't allowed to randomly win the skeleton lottery and wreak havoc from the first minute, and the neutral items add so much more depth to comebacks. What I noticed is that heroes don't snowball as much and don't output as ridiculous damage as snowballing in HoN could yield, and overcommitting to map control with no regard for resources can place you behind much more easily than in HoN. Overall DotA does feel like the better game from the gameplay standpoint.

Tbh I feel like the jungle is mediocre. Almost anyone can jungle, despite not knowing any of the creep I never once came close to dying from the jungle. Due to a lack of daylight cycle, the jungle is never pulle automatically negating the ability to kill yoruself both on purpose and without. Creep seem uninspired. 

Also just had a regular game. After a few "good" games, both wins and losses I just tilted in this one game. I think I got reported by everyone. But I just couldnt bother playing. I was 1/19, feeding like a madman.  

I dont know if its better to feed or just DC. 

I just didnt feel the hero or the flow of the game. 4 out of 5 players got ganked before the clock ran to 0 and it just went downhill from there. 

Probably will just DC next time. But one thing is quite worrysome. Apparently your hero stays in game after disconnecting. 
Are they able to feed me forever then? Granted I managed to do that myself but Im just curious, do the stats you incur after leaving a game count towards those on your account post game or not? 

Honestly, I could never imagine to play any similar game to HoN. After trying LoL which I uninstalled after the first game (incredible trash game) I tried Dota2 cause reallife friends pushed me to. I was super worried that I would not be able to learn everything again. It felt slowish at first but overall it's still quite fast and I got used to it after some time. Not everything is balanced but the meta seems to be shifting frequently. All heroes are playable. It heavily relies on counter picking and the comeback potential is imho far higher than in HoN. I like that there is no concede vote. People don't just give up so quickly. It's a different mentality without the concede option.

Sometimes a game takes a bit longer than it should but overall the vast majority of the games are highly enjoyable.

The heroes overall with scepters, shards and talents offer such a nice variety. Carries/initiators can support, supports can transition into a carry. There are so many situational and different item builds per hero which makes things interesting.

Toxicity comes the higher you rank up it seems. In unranked games I barely see any griefer/feeder. Played like 1k games and had to file like 5 reports by now.

It saddens me to see what cool features and opportunities the game offers while having a strong company behind it and sadly that was not the case for HoN after some time.. I would have loved to see some of the features in HoN but still I'm glad that we kept the game alive for such a long amount of time.

I read on a daily basis that people only play HoN and can't live without it. I was super skeptical at first but you might want to give dota a chance (for more than just 1-2 games) in case you want to play a similar game. It's not so different as you might think when first trying it out.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Ondis said:

Probably will just DC next time. But one thing is quite worrysome. Apparently your hero stays in game after disconnecting. 
Are they able to feed me forever then? Granted I managed to do that myself but Im just curious, do the stats you incur after leaving a game count towards those on your account post game or not? 

I think they're recorded if you leave late enough for the stats to count, but it's not worth it. You will always incur the harshest penalties to behavior score from disconnecting, and should never do it unless the game is safe to quit. You can drop quite a ways down from 10k BS, and then it's low priority where not only do you have to play with seasoned trolls, you also have to win those games to get out. The matchmaking system also takes your BS into account, so the lower it is, the higher the odds of getting into a match with griefers.

35 minutes ago, hegelsohn said:

It felt slowish at first but overall it's still quite fast and I got used to it after some time

The differences in speed are negligible honestly. I remember someone saying that it's the camera that forces the perception of slowness, which might be slightly zoomed out in DotA (which is a good thing, I was never totally comfortable with HoN's camera, realizing information is being kept from me). And it's not just that as far as the improvements go. Trees for example have mostly been atrociously hard to read in HoN and overlap one another. Not to mention their glitchiness that was never quite fully patched out along with cliff clipping. Boy has HoN been the definition of jank with its juking.