Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june

2 hours ago, NoobbooN91 said:

I thought these rumors were more common. Apparently, HoN is to be available on Garen, that it will not disappear at all, but will enter a platform similar to EpicGames or Steam, which is Garena

I dont know if you know it, but HoN already is on Garena, because Garena owns all rights to HoN and can do anything with it.

If it will still be available there after NA/EU shutdown, we dont know.

Edited by Ceriss
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary right now  

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone fo

Been playing this game since back 2009.  Meet the love of my life and my current wife on a custom match in 2009 when we were playing against each other and she rekt me mid then i asked for 1x1 and

I made a topic asking if iHoN will stay on Garena, and someone said it will not, but I'm not sure if that person was really convinced of that or he had legit info or just said it just so.

Anyway, it would be amazing if they could port the accounts to Garena if HoN stays alive in Garena ...

2 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

I made a topic asking if iHoN will stay on Garena, and someone said it will not, but I'm not sure if that person was really convinced of that or he had legit info or just said it just so.

Anyway, it would be amazing if they could port the accounts to Garena if HoN stays alive in Garena ...

They announced the shutdown in their thai facebook page as well, so as for now it's just a rumor.

https://www.facebook.com/Thai.HON/

14 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

Well then... that's sad. But if they announced it in their Thai forum under Garena, then it's more than just a rumor, no? Looks pretty certain.

Yeah, i meant "it's a rumor that it is going to continue on Garena"

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ondis said:

Yo Wtf happened to the forum. My latest thread got archived, so did 90% of all threads here, I cant even post new threads. 😮

I was wondering too. Even the last r/heroesofnewerth post was 3 days ago…

have we ALL been getting banned?

9 hours ago, AngryPesti said:

I was wondering too. Even the last r/heroesofnewerth post was 3 days ago…

have we ALL been getting banned?

Bro, this forum exists to pad somebody's resume. What were you expecting

I just checked and it is true we can no longer post new thread. I guess the reason behind this is to make us post on other platforms instead.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

On 3/6/2022 at 3:29 AM, datfizh said:

I just checked and it is true we can no longer post new thread. I guess the reason behind this is to make us post on other platforms instead.

On the other hand, when did you last saw any meaningful new thread lately?

All what I saw in like last 9 months was only "unban me nao" threads.

Forums take also time to maintain. Rules are constantly broken, players are being called out, bans are discussed. Honestly, I have to agree with Ceriss - there were no meaningful threads around for a while. 

You can always use an existing thread to write what you want.

On 3/8/2022 at 12:53 PM, hegelsohn said:

Forums take also time to maintain. Rules are constantly broken, players are being called out, bans are discussed. Honestly, I have to agree with Ceriss - there were no meaningful threads around for a while. 

You can always use an existing thread to write what you want.

Oh man Im actually writing a master thesis on a closely related subject but god does this attitude annoy me.
It has meaning to those people discussing it. Maybe YOU aren't interested in that particular meta line of what ever is being discussed but they are. 

Maybe to YOU that doesn't "relate" to the game or provides an atmosphere that you don't cherish, but they do. 
Or what ever. You know. Jeez. Whatever. I get that people are posting too many complaints about the bans but whose bright idea was it to like literally archive dozens upon dozens of other threads? I saw this crap done a few years ago as well and it was never explained either. 

36 minutes ago, Ondis said:

Oh man Im actually writing a master thesis on a closely related subject but god does this attitude annoy me.
It has meaning to those people discussing it. Maybe YOU aren't interested in that particular meta line of what ever is being discussed but they are. 

Maybe to YOU that doesn't "relate" to the game or provides an atmosphere that you don't cherish, but they do. 
Or what ever. You know. Jeez. Whatever. I get that people are posting too many complaints about the bans but whose bright idea was it to like literally archive dozens upon dozens of other threads? I saw this crap done a few years ago as well and it was never explained either. 

If I'm not wrong moderators around here are completely on volunteer basis, so his approval is pure "this is in the interest of my masters, and as their faithful servant I believe that it is right because stifling free speech serves a practical purpose in this point in time". Basically what happens after you are propagandized.

Other than that, all HoN services, including this forum, are about to be closed down, and I'm guessing only archived to showcase the leading person's "stellar work" being in charge of customer support and feedback.

So, it is actually a pretty good topic for a thesis because it makes no sense to support this unless you have a vested financial interest in the process. Still, ultimately the root cause is the inevitability behind the decision-making of big wig higher ups. This shouldn't've come to you as a surprise.

I would prefer to have everything fully operational up until the last moment, but that requires immense effort from unpaid volunteers who are probably de-motivated to provide services with the game closing. I know that if I was a volunteer I would have quit when the closing announcement was made. 

Thanks to all of the staff and volunteers for their years of hard work, but maybe it's time to just fully close everything PR and community related. Either keep it completely open or completely closed. Anything in-between before the servers strikes me as disrespectful to all who contributed before now

14 hours ago, Ondis said:

It's not about being interested or not. It's about people being lazy when the answers to their questions are already there. It can be important to someone but that doesn't mean that we have to support laziness. And that FB decided it's not beneficial to allow that further, simple as. 

About the missing threads, I don't know, I can just assume that there was no activity/or the threads had similar topics to this one, so things were cleaned up.

18 hours ago, Poseidon said:

but that requires immense effort from unpaid volunteers who are probably de-motivated to provide services with the game closing. I know that if I was a volunteer I would have quit when the closing announcement was made. 

Just throwing in my 2 cents:

I'm neither throwing the towel here nor am I demotivated (and I'm certainly not doing volunteering to show that in any resume, that's not the field I'm interested in professionally).

9 hours ago, Manu311 said:

Just throwing in my 2 cents:

I'm neither throwing the towel here nor am I demotivated (and I'm certainly not doing volunteering to show that in any resume, that's not the field I'm interested in professionally).

I'm sure you have your own reasons for what you do and I want to thank you for your efforts. I just hope you are getting some positive outcomes for yourself while you are donating your time.

DutchPleb87: I am sorry to break it up to you, but garena OWNS ALL RIGHTS TO HON, which means if garena says no one will play HON, then no one will play HON and no one can do anything about it. Well unless garena sells HON rights to someone else which I dont think will happen.

6 hours ago, Ceriss said:

DutchPleb87: I am sorry to break it up to you, but garena OWNS ALL RIGHTS TO HON, which means if garena says no one will play HON, then no one will play HON and no one can do anything about it. Well unless garena sells HON rights to someone else which I dont think will happen.

The Server files are in Part leaked already.

Maybe the Client too.

There will be no Matchmaking ofcourse, but privat servers would totally be there. Wouldnt be legal, but maybe with a Forum people could get together to play.

11 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I'm sure you have your own reasons for what you do and I want to thank you for your efforts. I just hope you are getting some positive outcomes for yourself while you are donating your time.

I'm doing it just because I simply love HoN and want to support the developers, the game and the community.

I guess that attitude also got me connected to very nice people. I guess friends are a positive outcome 😉.

10 hours ago, Sorais said:

Did the forums die before 20 June? I'm unable to start a new topic.

it is explained at page 5 of this thread, since no one posted any meaningful thread on this forum in a long time, then they just disabled it

Hi everyone,

Could anyone please guide me to the correct person or company to discuss about acquiring HoN?

We have a lot of wealthy people who grow up playing that game but we are not sure on how to proceed.

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks 🙂

Edited by _machete_