Jump to content

Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary right now  

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone fo

Been playing this game since back 2009.  Meet the love of my life and my current wife on a custom match in 2009 when we were playing against each other and she rekt me mid then i asked for 1x1 and

1 hour ago, Wife said:

Can we still log into our accounts and play against bots/practice mode after the shutdown?

Probably not log into the accounts, but start practice and bot matches via commands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Manu311 said:

Probably not log into the accounts, but start practice and bot matches via commands.

So we cant log in? So our accounts just dissappears? How can we start game in commands without any account to log in with? 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wife said:

So we cant log in? So our accounts just dissappears? How can we start game in commands without any account to log in with? 😀

Correct and correct.
You can start the game as normal, but login will fail. However you can already open the command line via Ctrl + F8 and type in commands.
I'm sure someone will create a post on reddit or somewhere with all the useful hosting commands for local games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Manu311 said:

Correct and correct.
You can start the game as normal, but login will fail. However you can already open the command line via Ctrl + F8 and type in commands.
I'm sure someone will create a post on reddit or somewhere with all the useful hosting commands for local games.

Ok

No lan support at all so we can still play with friends?

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Wife said:

No lan support at all so we can still play with friends?

I assume there is still most of the Lan-support we once had in the code (since we lazy devs rarely clean up everything 😉), but we probably have to wait until someone finds the triggers to bring lan-support back.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, Manu311 said:

I assume there is still most of the Lan-support we once had in the code (since we lazy devs rarely clean up everything 😉), but we probably have to wait until someone finds the triggers to bring lan-support back.

You think they will bring it back ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wife said:

You think they will bring it back ? 

I don't think Garena cares and I don't know if the official devs are allowed to do that on their own.
But I assume some people will try to reverse engineer enough to bring lan support back eventually. But sadly I'm not one of those that can/will put a lot of effort into trying that (I tried if it's possible the easy way, just via some commands, but that's about all I'm gonna do 🤷‍♂️ - I don't have any experience with reverse engineering anyways 😇).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

FB is to blame for this. You guys made the worst decision the moment you decided the game to be P2P. Almost all the community was gone after that. So LoL/Dota2 has a lot to thank you. I played this game since Beta and loved it since day one till now. You ruined an amazing project. That's what happen with brainless people run a company. Look at how much money LoL are making every year, tournaments with millions in prizes and so on. I really feel sorry for myself and the people who still playing this game as we getting closer to June. Thanks for ruining an amazing game. Don't get involve anymore in the gaming industry please. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, `Stef said:

FB is to blame for this. You guys made the worst decision the moment you decided the game to be P2P. Almost all the community was gone after that. So LoL/Dota2 has a lot to thank you. I played this game since Beta and loved it since day one till now. You ruined an amazing project. That's what happen with brainless people run a company. Look at how much money LoL are making every year, tournaments with millions in prizes and so on. I really feel sorry for myself and the people who still playing this game as we getting closer to June. Thanks for ruining an amazing game. Don't get involve anymore in the gaming industry please. 

If you had any clue about what you were saying... you would know that S2 games owned HoN and they decided that the game would be p2p.

FB took over later on. Around 2015...

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DividedBy3 said:

u would know that S2 games owned HoN and they decided that the game would be p2p.

okay, my bad. S2. SOrry FB since you did an amazing job and the game will die in June.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, `Stef said:

the moment you decided the game to be P2P. Almost all the community was gone after that. So LoL/Dota2 has a lot to thank you.

The moment they decided, so before it went into Closed Beta? 🤔
Afaik that was always the plan. Unless you mean F2P, that might be true.

Also DotA2 was planned to be P2P until shortly before it got released too - and that was way later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, Manu311 said:

I don't think Garena cares and I don't know if the official devs are allowed to do that on their own.
But I assume some people will try to reverse engineer enough to bring lan support back eventually. But sadly I'm not one of those that can/will put a lot of effort into trying that (I tried if it's possible the easy way, just via some commands, but that's about all I'm gonna do 🤷‍♂️ - I don't have any experience with reverse engineering anyways 😇).

I hope someone will bring back lan support so we can play with friends and log into our accounts.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wife said:

I hope someone will bring back lan support so we can play with friends and log into our accounts.  

I am prety sure the moment HoN shuts down, all accounts will be deleted

  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, all the best to the staff members. Can't see any OG players or forum regulars around here anymore. Had my 15k+ games of fun but this is indeed where the fun ends. Switched to dota 5 years ago but still kinda followed HoN as I grew up with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2022 at 4:34 PM, Ceriss said:

I am prety sure the moment HoN shuts down, all accounts will be deleted

Why would they delete accounts ? Can we have a confirm about that? Let the accounts be. You are already shutting down the best MOBA game. Many ppl have spend alot of $$$ 😀

Edited by Wife
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wife said:

Why would they delete accounts ? Can we have a confirm about that? Let the accounts be. You are already shutting down the best MOBA game. Many ppl have spend alot of $$$ 😀

Accounts are stored on their servers. If they don't pay any longer for those servers, the files on it will be gone as well - that also includes account-data.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2022 at 5:54 PM, Manu311 said:

Accounts are stored on their servers. If they don't pay any longer for those servers, the files on it will be gone as well - that also includes account-data.

Thats sad

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty sad when HoN could’ve been the goat of mobas.. literally this game will be one of the biggest tragic stories in moba history. I will remember the good ole days of people asking for beta keys.

1. Not free to play in the beginning(one of the biggest reasons why the game failed)

2. When you did purchase the game newer heroes weren’t free, you had to pay for early access.

3. Creative differences with maliken and ice frog. Maliken being a total insecure asshole who also couldn’t take constructive criticism from pro players and community. 

4. Finally goes F2P when they said they would never do it, offers no compensation for players who did pay. Just overall the developers are to blame big time.. they could make up as many excuses as they want as to why the game died but at the end of the day the people have spoken and the developers have nothing to show for. Sit your asses down and actually take the time to listen to the community next game you guys create. Those of us who have been here since beta and the monkey king release know what I’m talking about.
 

5. my god the new broken heroes being constantly released around the Amun ra/emerald warden era. 
 

Im literally so sad but I can’t wait for puppet master and several other og hero concepts like zephyr, engineer, electrician, etc being imported to dota 2 if the rumors are true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NoobbooN91 said:

What about rumors that HoN is going to continue to act on Garen? What will happen to the forum?

Care to give more info about the rumor?

Forum will be pretty much dead, similar to how old forum went.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...