Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june

On 12/16/2021 at 10:59 AM, Forst said:

I am so sad, playing it from begin since 2009/10 😭

S2 games did just one tactical mistake: Offering HoN not for free at begin.

I bought it for the $ 39,99 2010, but a lot of kids out there didn't had or want to spend the money and gone to LoL, which was free from begin.

I understand S2 Games bringing back the money for development and the F2P-Market was just at begin.

But if HoN would be for free at this time, HoN would get a lot more user base, which would be bound to the game and keep it up.

HoN had 550.000 paid accounts as of 1012....that means already 550.000 people have paid for their game.

+ of course they made a whole lot on avatars and other things, sub accounts etc. (or should I say, Garena did)...we have thousands of players total I mean thats not a small community man. 

This game has more players than Starcraft 1 or Warcraft III. I know this because I've seen it with my own eyes. In Starcraft 1 it's barely even possible to join a game on EU servers. HoN is actually far from dead...to be honest. 

We keep saying HoN is dead blabla but I've seen many other games that have much smaller communities. 

The game is toxic, very demanding and very noob-unfriendly. Taking away tutorials? Public Games? Account verification? The balance on the heroes was good but never balance in the rankings and this frustrated many players (including myself), I have quit playing HoN in rank since like 2018, when I already had enough of this and started to play Midwars. Then I find Midwars getting really annoying and return back to playing rank but it's barely playable (for me it is, in Solo Q). In solo Q its barely possible for veteran players to get decent games or decent ranking, it's just the truth and that's it.

I've seen many players who were friends with me, leave the game after "Season" modus was introduced. 1900 MMR players who all of a sudden got reset and were in a Gold 3 division all of a sudden with 3 wins and 19 losses. They quit HoN, uninstalled, never returned(!).

It's still a great game though.

Edited by DutchPleb87
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary right now  

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone fo

Been playing this game since back 2009.  Meet the love of my life and my current wife on a custom match in 2009 when we were playing against each other and she rekt me mid then i asked for 1x1 and

After more than 15 Years (17 i think) it´s finally over. DotA is dead and its ONLY true successor HoN will be shut down.

After i was gone from HoN for 4 years i retryed it in 2021 and i think its okay it will dead. The community is terrible, all the meta-fuckup and "there is only this way to play"-players will have to go to something they belong to, the super-crab-shit-moba LoL or the impressive-crab-shit-moba DotA 2.

The Legend of the good times of moba will rest in the money-shitting crab they keep on pushing now a days!

Thank you for uncounted hours of fun, frustration, noob-bashing and feeding because nobody in team seems to read the chat!

On 12/14/2021 at 10:07 PM, Ladonien said:

Hopefully it would be using the K2 engine, which was why I loved HoN. Maybe there will be a K3 engine in the future?

This is the solution

look at Rakion.. its up on steam

just make a clone or whatever and put it on steam

• ElementUser changed the title to Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june
1 hour ago, Wife said:

Can we still log into our accounts and play against bots/practice mode after the shutdown?

Probably not log into the accounts, but start practice and bot matches via commands.

21 hours ago, Manu311 said:

Probably not log into the accounts, but start practice and bot matches via commands.

So we cant log in? So our accounts just dissappears? How can we start game in commands without any account to log in with? 😀

4 hours ago, Wife said:

So we cant log in? So our accounts just dissappears? How can we start game in commands without any account to log in with? 😀

Correct and correct.
You can start the game as normal, but login will fail. However you can already open the command line via Ctrl + F8 and type in commands.
I'm sure someone will create a post on reddit or somewhere with all the useful hosting commands for local games.

13 hours ago, Manu311 said:

Correct and correct.
You can start the game as normal, but login will fail. However you can already open the command line via Ctrl + F8 and type in commands.
I'm sure someone will create a post on reddit or somewhere with all the useful hosting commands for local games.

Ok

No lan support at all so we can still play with friends?

47 minutes ago, Wife said:

No lan support at all so we can still play with friends?

I assume there is still most of the Lan-support we once had in the code (since we lazy devs rarely clean up everything 😉), but we probably have to wait until someone finds the triggers to bring lan-support back.

On 1/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, Manu311 said:

I assume there is still most of the Lan-support we once had in the code (since we lazy devs rarely clean up everything 😉), but we probably have to wait until someone finds the triggers to bring lan-support back.

You think they will bring it back ? 

2 minutes ago, Wife said:

You think they will bring it back ? 

I don't think Garena cares and I don't know if the official devs are allowed to do that on their own.
But I assume some people will try to reverse engineer enough to bring lan support back eventually. But sadly I'm not one of those that can/will put a lot of effort into trying that (I tried if it's possible the easy way, just via some commands, but that's about all I'm gonna do 🤷‍♂️ - I don't have any experience with reverse engineering anyways 😇).

• Like 2

FB is to blame for this. You guys made the worst decision the moment you decided the game to be P2P. Almost all the community was gone after that. So LoL/Dota2 has a lot to thank you. I played this game since Beta and loved it since day one till now. You ruined an amazing project. That's what happen with brainless people run a company. Look at how much money LoL are making every year, tournaments with millions in prizes and so on. I really feel sorry for myself and the people who still playing this game as we getting closer to June. Thanks for ruining an amazing game. Don't get involve anymore in the gaming industry please. 

21 minutes ago, `Stef said:

FB is to blame for this. You guys made the worst decision the moment you decided the game to be P2P. Almost all the community was gone after that. So LoL/Dota2 has a lot to thank you. I played this game since Beta and loved it since day one till now. You ruined an amazing project. That's what happen with brainless people run a company. Look at how much money LoL are making every year, tournaments with millions in prizes and so on. I really feel sorry for myself and the people who still playing this game as we getting closer to June. Thanks for ruining an amazing game. Don't get involve anymore in the gaming industry please. 

If you had any clue about what you were saying... you would know that S2 games owned HoN and they decided that the game would be p2p.

FB took over later on. Around 2015...

58 minutes ago, DividedBy3 said:

u would know that S2 games owned HoN and they decided that the game would be p2p.

okay, my bad. S2. SOrry FB since you did an amazing job and the game will die in June.

3 hours ago, `Stef said:

the moment you decided the game to be P2P. Almost all the community was gone after that. So LoL/Dota2 has a lot to thank you.

The moment they decided, so before it went into Closed Beta? 🤔
Afaik that was always the plan. Unless you mean F2P, that might be true.

Also DotA2 was planned to be P2P until shortly before it got released too - and that was way later.

On 1/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, Manu311 said:

I don't think Garena cares and I don't know if the official devs are allowed to do that on their own.
But I assume some people will try to reverse engineer enough to bring lan support back eventually. But sadly I'm not one of those that can/will put a lot of effort into trying that (I tried if it's possible the easy way, just via some commands, but that's about all I'm gonna do 🤷‍♂️ - I don't have any experience with reverse engineering anyways 😇).

I hope someone will bring back lan support so we can play with friends and log into our accounts.