Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary right now  

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone fo

It weighs heavy on my heart to login and play HoN today for the very last time. It has been the game that brought me & my friends together for years and years and im glad to have been able to pl

this is just brutal... i get sick of everything else I play whether it be a month or 6 months then revert back to hon.  Been this way since beta.  I liked friggen dota 1 better than dota 2...  LoL just looks like trash hero of the storm... not a fan really.  This is my damn goto fall back game for life.  dafuq is it ending for?

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Saintwho said:

this is just brutal... i get sick of everything else I play whether it be a month or 6 months then revert back to hon.  Been this way since beta.  I liked friggen dota 1 better than dota 2...  LoL just looks like trash hero of the storm... not a fan really.  This is my damn goto fall back game for life.  dafuq is it ending for?

Pretty much the same thing for me.
There are only two things I return to after a couple of weeks of other games: Programming and HoN. Usually after a day of work, I choose HoN because it's less challenging for my brain and also challenges reflexes 😄.

• Like 3

Been playing this game since back 2009. 

Meet the love of my life and my current wife on a custom match in 2009 when we were playing against each other and she rekt me mid then i asked for 1x1 and we've been playing ever since. 

Such a fun time watching angrytestie,tralf,moonmeander streaming hon back then.

Watching from breaky to emperor on honcast was also a blast. I still remember the first time they got all dressed up for their first honcast on the new studio.

Last year she got sick of covid and almost lost her life and i always used to stream for her playing games and hon was our favorite. She watched on her mobile since they didn't allow visitors.  Man she laughed so hard when our team started raging at each other. 

She got better and we had our daughter on february this year and her name is Alune (Pronounce Alun'ea in our language) 

So many memories, so many stories, so much of our lives were changed positively from this game.  It hits really hard seeing it closing like this, always though about teaching our daughter how to play hon 2. 

Wish there was something we could do to prevent that but i guess that is life.

Time to play and enjoy these last 6 months. Maybe after so many years we will finally leave gold bracket. 

Long live hon, a game that you love or hate, you cant deny how much the devs worked on keeping this game up and running for all these years. Man i can say for 100% sure that more than 90% of any other company out there would have tossed this game on the side and ditched many many years ago.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
On 12/13/2021 at 6:16 PM, TemplarZ said:

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone forever. This has been probably the only game I've played in the last 10 years (like 98% of the time) and I really don't know where to go from here...

Can we not get any updates or any new skins or any events after 20 June? Just leave it in the final version that it will be. And also please set up a monthly cost for server maintenance that the players can fulfil (ofc some will donate more than others), but as a community I think we will always reach the necessary target. 

Please just talk to us and tell us what you need (don't feel shamed to be honest and open with us), but don't make he best game that has ever existed disappear from the face of the planet.

We will do anything in our power, just don't let masterpiece vanish 😢

Same here...

On 12/13/2021 at 8:11 PM, Sfgjsdd said:

IS there a way to keep the game up? im willing to pay a montly subscribtion if negesarry...CMOON! dont let this game die.

same here, me with others would do!

15 hours ago, Saintwho said:

same mate

For the first of all im sorry for my bad english but i want to share this with all of you before the end,

I got the news yesturday and i cant stop thinking about it

I played HON for 10 years with 2 years ingame and i cant deal this it.

I remember my first game as bombardier i was so bad and my team realy hated me ahaha.

Many people say "The community is toxic" and it partialy true but, it a part of the game, normaly you just want to unistall the game after this but, this time i litteraly get the eye of the tiger and start a new game to take my revenge 😄 i wont realise on this moment it was the start of the best vidéogame story in my life.

It was the first for me i get so many feeling in a game, how many times i getting owned and flammed by the other team then you comeback 10 minutes after and win your game.

I realy enjoyed every win and learned a lot with every lose, now i feel like i losing my old friend.

This game followed me in bests and saddests moment in my life, when i got fired i played HON, when my girlfriend leaved me i played HON even when i pass the christmass alone i played HON.

Now im 31 i have good life a good job and sexy girlfirend but i already miss my favorite game.

when you finish your day work and you open one beer front of your computer to fight strangers in another country it not only gaming, it sociale interaction, i dont know any of you but i miss you everyone.

I see many people feel sad like me that why i write this text hoping the game will survive but i know when money talk we cant do anything.

I just want to thanks the frostburn team who maked this game even better everyday and i hope everything will be ok for all of you.

You realise how much you love something when it gone.

Thx for everything.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
31 minutes ago, xrzv5810 said:

I just want to thanks the frostburn team who maked this game even better everyday and i hope everything will be ok for all of you.

This. Iam playing this game for 12 years too. But it got constantly worser with the time. The Server were laggy, the community toxicer, smaller. Hell even the search to a new game takes 30minutes. I was about to leave HoN (it was around 2016-2018) i think. But then new Servers, no Lag any more. I feel so happy. Sometimes after that, the x64 Client was realeased. My FPS went from around 40 to over 150. This Game is so much better and joyable now.

If they had closed it around that bad time, i would have been sad, but not mad.

Now, iam. Playing this game daily, having much fun (nearly always 😉 )

Come on, dont let it die, after you have Level Up this game that much!

• Like 3

Damn just signed on to see this news. Read through this whole thread and I’m legit heart broken. Beta player since 09, I graduated high school  in 09 and moved off to college, my brother in law was playing when I went over for dinner. He has me play arachna and moonqueen, I was complete trash but I was hooked. Still is the only video game I play to this day. Married now with my second on the way and I still get on when the wife is taking a tub. 
This hurts, thank you to all the people who made this game go on for as long as it has. Your work hasn’t gone unnoticed. RIP hon characters, I’ll miss ya, pesti,valk,chronos.

we should start a Facebook group incase by some chance the game is made again or playable on a private server. 

• Like 1

after the sad news about HON, I decided to look for a MOBA in which you can play, but unfortunately there is nothing except Dota 2 and LOL .... I tried to play LOL and Dota, the games do not enter, and except for these two games in this genre there is nothing (((
Play HON from beta test

1 hour ago, Forst said:

I am so sad, playing it from begin since 2009/10 😭

S2 games did just one tactical mistake: Offering HoN not for free at begin.

I understand S2 Games bringing back the money for development and the F2P-Market was just at begin.

But if HoN would be for free at this time, HoN would get a lot more user base, which would be bound to the game and keep it up.

Yep, that was a mistake. But back then it was uncommon. And to be honest - i never thought Kids or anyone would spend 100reds of Dollars for Skins and stuff - gosh was i wrong xD

8 hours ago, Wife said:

@ElementUser why is HoN ending at june 20? Why not delay it ? 

I would assume certain contracts run until that date. Could be servers, staff, licenses or something different 🤷‍♂️

Oh and I'm already happy they "delayed" it until then. After effectively disabling every option to put money into the game, it's an 100% loss project for the remaining time. Not shutting of everything together with the gold coin purchase options is pretty nice of them I guess.

• Confused 1

After more than 15 Years (17 i think) it´s finally over. DotA is dead and its ONLY true successor HoN will be shut down.

After i was gone from HoN for 4 years i retryed it in 2021 and i think its okay it will dead. The community is terrible, all the meta-fuckup and "there is only this way to play"-players will have to go to something they belong to, the super-crab-shit-moba LoL or the impressive-crab-shit-moba DotA 2.

The Legend of the good times of moba will rest in the money-shitting crab they keep on pushing now a days!

Thank you for uncounted hours of fun, frustration, noob-bashing and feeding because nobody in team seems to read the chat!

• Like 1
On 12/14/2021 at 10:07 PM, Ladonien said:

Hopefully it would be using the K2 engine, which was why I loved HoN. Maybe there will be a K3 engine in the future?

This is the solution

look at Rakion.. its up on steam

just make a clone or whatever and put it on steam

• ElementUser changed the title to Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june