Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary right now  

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone fo

It weighs heavy on my heart to login and play HoN today for the very last time. It has been the game that brought me & my friends together for years and years and im glad to have been able to pl

13 minutes ago, cairosuite said:

People are still playing BF2 on private servers. Is it possible to run community hosted servers for HoN?

No way they'll allow this, Garena is too greedy. I've been asking them to allow custom maps hosting for years and got rejected every time.

• Haha 1

if server costs, is really the problem, they would just allow people to run "private community servers"

The problem with server costs, support tickets,toxicity, smurfing and grefing would end, very quickly. Because the community servers could make up their own rules. And you can enforce things like "application uptake" - meaning you have to apply in order to join a server

Some of us own original copies of the game. Do we lop it into the trashcan ?  we own copies a the game but not the "right" to play it ?  typical 2022

I have hope though. There is a long time to June, a lot of things will happen before June 2022.

Edited by Play2CC
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Play2CC said:

if server cost, is really they problem, they would just allow people to run "private community servers"

The problem with server costs, support tickets,toxicity, smurfing and grefing would end, very quickly. Because the community servers could make up their own rules. And you can enforce things like "application uptake" - meaning you have to apply in order to join a server

Some of us own original copies of the game. Do we lop it into the trashcan ?  we own copies a the game but not the "right" to play it ?  typical 2022

I have hope though. There is a long time to June, a lot of things will happen before June 2022.

Yes, read the rules. You don't own your account and all donations are "donations".

"Frostburn owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, or any other attributes associated with the Account or stored on the Service."

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, NogiOsminogi said:

Yes, read the rules. You don't own your account and all donations are "donations".

"Frostburn owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, or any other attributes associated with the Account or stored on the Service."

Im pretty sure I own my cd copy, and the right to play the game contained on it

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Play2CC said:

Im pretty sure I own my cd copy, and the right to play the game contained on it

I am sorry to tell you that this isnt the first case of game owners shutting down servers and literally killing any possibility to play it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, D1sc3pt said:

I am sorry to tell you that this isnt the first case of game owners shutting down servers and literally killing any possibility to play it.

20$ game, I can live with that. I feel sorry for the community members who spend hundreds or thousands of $ on this game. Maybe not only to get skins, but to support HoN in general. Those are the people to really feel sorry about imho. But hey, as someone said "Buy this nice avatar, only 20$ .... o btw, you don't own any rights to what you just bought"

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Play2CC said:

20$ game, I can live with that. I feel sorry for the community members who spend hundreds or thousands of $ on this game. Maybe not only to get skins, but to support HoN in general. Those are the people to really feel sorry about imho. But hey, as someone said "Buy this nice avatar, only 20$ .... o btw, you don't own any rights to what you just bought"

I myself spend a few hundreds of $ on this game and I dont regret spending even one $, because I had more then 10 years of constant fun and I met a lot of great people here, even thou I am not that great player and I havent been playing for last few years. But this is what happens with every single game and we all knew this would come some day.

14 hours ago, Play2CC said:

Im not gonna lie i have spend like 12500$ för accounts, skins, support from 2010. I was even gifed a symbol from frostburns for huge support. I have 400+ sub accounts, 1100+ skins, all taunts, announcers and so on. What happens to all my stuff and items ?

Come on can frostburns please anwers in this thread. Can we donate / monthly for keep the game alive?

@ElementUser  @Stormeren @HyperXewl

Edited by Wife
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Wife said:

Im not gonna lie i have spend like 12500$ för accounts, skins, support from 2010. I was even gifed a symbol from frostburns for huge support. I have 400+ sub accounts, 1100+ skins, all taunts, announcers and so on. What happens to all my stuff and items ?

Come on can frostburns please anwers in this thread. Can we donate / monthly for keep the game alive?

I think it's beyond this. Garena is a very large company that distributes one of the largest eSport game out there in the market (League of Legends) and many other large titles.

I think they have deeper reasoning as to why they are doing what they do, and I personally don't think a few millions or tens of millions of dollars would convince such a large company to change their decision.

Edited by Lunarios
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, Wife said:

Why do you have 400 sub accounts?  I mean basically if you're smurfing or stat resetting why not just do it on a few accounts many times?

1 hour ago, Ceriss said:

It has been discussed million times over and over again, and why do you think this will succeed, when they already has dota2?

because hon is a lot better then DOTA2. like dota2 dont even have iron buckler bro. Axe still has useless hunger ability HoN made so many improvments dota still like playing 2005 WC3 mod

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DutchPleb87 said:

There has not been given a real reason as to why the game is suddenly scheduled to be shut down.

And private servers / LAN functionality should be possible right? We have a different client than in SEA-region / Garena, I dont fully understand. Has Garena made the call to Frostburn to tell them that they are shutting the servers down, due to the costs? I just don't get it. 

The game can't just disappear into darkness just, like that. That would not make sense. 

There are some conspiracy theories going around right now as to why it is the case but I won't say it here as I don't want to get suspended on the forums.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, StupidGMs said:

Hopefully someone here can make a decent clone and put it on Steam,  I'm sure there will be some backers and people to spend money,  I'd buy it myself to continue playing.

Hopefully it would be using the K2 engine, which was why I loved HoN. Maybe there will be a K3 engine in the future?

44 minutes ago, CuysauruS said:

COD2 is the best WWII themed FPS and I think it is not supported by Activision anymore. It has an awesome community named "Outlaw" with its own server and discord. I think HoN can follow this path, if there won't be an official support from Garena or any other company.

Similiar with CoD4x even though there might not be as many players as it used to be.

3 hours ago, DutchPleb87 said:

And private servers / LAN functionality should be possible right? We have a different client than in SEA-region / Garena, I dont fully understand. Has Garena made the call to Frostburn to tell them that they are shutting the servers down, due to the costs? I just don't get it. 

HoN belongs to Garena. If Garena decides HoN dies, than FB can complain but aside of that there is probably nothing they can do about it.
I haven't heard an official reason for why they are shutting it down, but it's probably mostly just a burden for them which generates no income.

• ElementUser changed the title to Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june