Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary right now  

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone fo

It weighs heavy on my heart to login and play HoN today for the very last time. It has been the game that brought me & my friends together for years and years and im glad to have been able to pl

Bit sad to see this great game go. This was first Moba game i started to play and it just felt right game to be.

Off topic: It has been quite a time ago, but i would say around year of 2012, there was circulating in web a localhost hon client, which you could play in Lan and with others over Hamachi (was fun, although every client could  edit item and buyback costs live). Haven´t really searched is it still out there somewhere.
As Hon servers are now going down. Could it be possible to remove in-game login page somehow (or assign custom login details in localhost) and still play this game in Lan?

• Like 2

Hello everyone, as I write this with tears in my eyes, I just wanted to say it's been a pleasure playing with every single one of you! No matter what has happened and what kind of a game it was when we played, good or bad... I'm just thankful it happened.

I just played my last HoN game with my all time favorite hero Shadowblade (the first hero that I got Immortal and Annihilation in the same game with... I remember it like it was yesterday) and I played it with my oldest HoN buddy (who has been a real life friend of mine for many years thanks to this game). I've meet many interesting people who will continue to be my friends all because of this beautiful game. It has been a wild journey and every second has been precious, filled with all sorts of emotions.

So, I say this with a heavy heart, goodbye everyone and goodbye Heroes of Newerth. I really hope that something magical will happen and that we will all be able to play our favorite game again!

HON FOREVER!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, RainOfChaos said:

btw i just combined the number of all matches of my sub accounts and got a total of 9564 matches + some hundred games back in beta times that got deleted... when each game was around 30min long thats a total of 200 days in the last 13 years... i played A LOT of hon 🙂

I wish I could accumulate that number for myself 😅. But there are beta-games, sub-accounts, sbt and rct games for me 😮. Just way too much to sum that together (and I don't think I could still access the SBT client 😉). But overall I'm certainly over 10 000 games myself, basically never concede games early (I think I have an average game time over 30 minutes everywhere (my main has 35 minutes)), adding lobby and queue times, I've certainly played HoN for more than a full year.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Manu311 said:

I wish I could accumulate that number for myself 😅. But there are beta-games, sub-accounts, sbt and rct games for me 😮. Just way too much to sum that together (and I don't think I could still access the SBT client 😉). But overall I'm certainly over 10 000 games myself, basically never concede games early (I think I have an average game time over 30 minutes everywhere (my main has 35 minutes)), adding lobby and queue times, I've certainly played HoN for more than a full year.

taking the lobby times and remakes into account i guess im also close to a year (+avg lenght was mostly more than 30min)

i just played my last game with a friend. i recorded it for the memory. and like so often: we lost and the moral of our team was broken but i still really enjoyed it, knowing its the last game of hon i will probably ever play.

I ❤️ hon.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SakuIce said:

Bit sad to see this great game go. This was first Moba game i started to play and it just felt right game to be.

Off topic: It has been quite a time ago, but i would say around year of 2012, there was circulating in web a localhost hon client, which you could play in Lan and with others over Hamachi (was fun, although every client could  edit item and buyback costs live). Haven´t really searched is it still out there somewhere.
As Hon servers are now going down. Could it be possible to remove in-game login page somehow (or assign custom login details in localhost) and still play this game in Lan?

---
I´m sure someone will eventually figure it out, how to create a localhost game and maybe, just maybe also possible for others to join. Tested some and, you can create a shortcut of Hon exe and add extra options to target field, like: "-manager" or "-dedicated". Both have same effect of creating localhost dedicated server. Although adding manager, will open server manager to where you have to type "connect localhost" to create it. Haven´t managed to create and connect to localhost game yet though.

2 hours ago, b00m said:

I suspect custom games will be the future and hope to see you all there.

Is that a realistic option? I'm afraid the login will no longer work from tomorrow. Means not even watching replays will work.

HoN is and was the best game I EVER have played.
Coming from Quake 3 and Starcraft Broodwar, it was the only MOBA that was fast enough not to bore one.
And it's been so varied that I've easily played a total of 10,000 matches together with my family and friends since 2009.

WHAT

A

GAME

!

gg wp and thanks for everything @ S2 + Frostburn + @ElementUser and Team

P.S. Is it possible to have a private LAN server?

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Goodbye everyone and thanks to all staff, admins, S2 games, frostburn and garena. Was a great moba! I had fun these years 🙂 Moving on to dota and dont forget to try the dota mode "HeroesofnewDota" see you there 💜

Shoutout to @AngryTestie, best HoN streamer #1

Edited by Wife

Came back to say good bye to all you all, HoN was a great part of my life, I was part of he translation team, I have like 10 alt accounts, a bunch of alt avatars a bunch of stuff I'm sad to say good bye to but that gave me so much joy.

• Like 2

goodbye everyone that made hon everything that it was.

sad to see it go.. so many hours and memories around this game.

to those that stuck around, cheers to you.. this game will truly be missed.

• Like 1

Absolutely heart breaking. One of my Absolute favorite games of all time. Been playing since beta. There hasn't many days in the past few years where I didn't play at least one game of standard or midwars. I really hope someone can somehow revive it on a private server. HON forever ❤️

Edited by Rusht0n
  • Like 2

Dear everybody,

as it appears to be coming to an end now, I sadly realized that HoN was with me for (and probably even helped define) a significant part of my life.

My buddies and I started MOBAs with Dota (the Warcraft 3 mod), then played HoN beta, and then HoN ever since. My current account was created 2009.

HoN is indeed the best MOBA out there. LoL and Dota2 are just so slow in comparison, taking themselves so serious, just not the kind of action and fun you can have with your family and friends when playing HoN.

The fun, action, and particularly human interaction that you have in a game of HoN are just unmatched. There is nothing that can replace it.

My buddies and I played our last games with Discord and our webcam streams running, with HoN in window mode, and the HoN window and Discord webcam grid nicely aligned, and then we recorded the whole thing.

It will be priceless memories for years and decades to come. It is like that beautiful and unique childhood memory, but in contrast to the childhood memory, we now have a handful of videos of our last HoN games.

My sincere thanks go out to the original S2 team (and the devs that contributed later) for everything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ThePwner said:

got my email box spammed by your commends idiots, stop the fucking drama and play dota 2 ... 

You can stop notifications to be send to your email. 

Today i played my last game after 6 months without playing, i feel so sad now i hope one day we can play this game again.

That was the best game i played in my life i dont know why they close it when many people still playing.

i tryed to play dota but it unbalanced/inaccurate/slow s**t.

Thx to all of you for all these memories maybe one day we can get private server of this perfect moba.

• Like 3