Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june

Dear Heroes of Newerth (HoN) players,

Heroes of Newerth (HoN) has been in service for a long time. We would like to extend our sincere thanks to everyone who has been on this journey, created special memories together with us, moved HoN forward, and created a lot of unforgettable stories for HoN, as well as making Heroes of Newerth become one of the most popular MOBA games in history.

The Heroes of Newerth team regrets to announce that Heroes of Newerth’s service will officially come to an end on June 20, 2022.

We, the Heroes of Newerth Team, would like to thank our players for all the support we’ve been receiving all this time. Please find the schedule and details of key dates for everyone below:

December 13, 2021
- Gold Coins will no longer be purchasable at 9am Eastern Time (EST, GMT -5).

December 31, 2021
- New accounts can no longer be created.

June 20, 2022
- Close down Heroes of Newerth’s services, and gradually close down other official communication platforms for Heroes of Newerth over time.

Last but not least, even though the journey of HoN or Heroes of Newerth has come to an end, we believe that all the valuable memories of our players through all these years will never fade away.

___

To thank our players for the valuable memories all this time, we have launched the exclusive in-game events, so that you can throw back to those good old days once again before the game will be permanently closed. Please find the detail of the events below for the HoN NAEU/International client:

Permanent Events (starting from December 20, 2021 up until the end of service):
- Silver Coin multiplier for Matchmaking games increased to 10x.

Plinko Drop Rates
- Drop rates for the Diamond Chest will be permanently increased to 4x.

Regarding Gold-Coin exclusive products
- Certain products will be made available with Silver Coins. This process will be done gradually over time, at the sole discretion of Frostburn Studios (given the current circumstances).
- It is not feasible to unlock every single avatar or product, and some products cannot be made to be purchasable with Silver Coins only.

Farewell Events from December 20, 2021 to February 19, 2022

Gameplay Events
- First 10/20/30/40/50 Forests of Caldavar games played, get 1000/2000/3000/4000/5000 Silver Coins, respectively.
- First 10/20/30/40/50 Mid Wars games played, get 500/1000/1500/2000/2500 Silver Coins, respectively.
- First 10/20/30/40/50 Forests of Caldavar games won, get 700/1400/2100/2800/3500 Plinko Tickets, respectively.

Login Events
- If you log in for 5/10/20/30/40/50/60 consecutive days, you get 500/1000/2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 Silver Coins, respectively.

Gifting
- Players will also be able to Gift other players items from the HoN Store during the Farewell Event period (with the remainder of their Gold Coins).
- Limit of 5 Gifts sent from an account.

___

It’s all those little moments with you that I love the most. Enjoy the last moments of HoN together!

See you in Heroes of Newerth.

==============================

HoN Service - Q&A

Q: I can play HoN until when?
A: You can play HoN up until June 20th, 2022

Q: How long will the Farewell Event last? And who can participate in the event?
A: Farewell Event will last for 2 months, from December 20th, 2021 to February 19, 2022. Anyone can participate in this event

Q: If I am a new player, how can I participate in Farewell Event?
A: You have to create an account on the official HoN website before December 30th, 2021.

Q: Will items purchased during Farewell Event vanish after the event ends?
A: No, it will not vanish. You will be able to use those items until the End of Service day.

• Sad 2
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary right now  

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone fo

Been playing this game since back 2009.  Meet the love of my life and my current wife on a custom match in 2009 when we were playing against each other and she rekt me mid then i asked for 1x1 and

What happens to our accounts and avatars for exemple?

How much money you need to run hon servers ? How much money are we talking about?

Can we donate money so you can run HoN servers ?

Can another company buy hon client?

"Is it a bait for sponsors? "

Please dont end the game! The best MoBa game!

Wife

Edited by Wife
  • Like 4
9 minutes ago, Wife said:

What happens to our accounts and avatars for exemple?

Most likely gone forever.

10 minutes ago, Wife said:

Can another company buy hon client?

Unless that changed within the last two weeks, Garena doesn't want to sell it for some reason

10 minutes ago, Wife said:

"Is it a bait for sponsors? "

Would probably be a bad bait - but it wouldn't be the first bad thing happening

11 minutes ago, Wife said:

Please dont end the game! The best MoBa game!

+1

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No way. Why don't you ask for someone to buy/pay the servers so they can at least keep running. No more patches and events but just so the servers are still up. You can't just let this all die. All the avatars that people bought. The accounts are valuable to some. It's sad.

There must be a way to at least host private servers....

Any texas oil tycoons playing HoN? Any yacht owners? Any lawyers? Any tiger owners?

Edited by Brainfreak
  • Like 3

So sad that without a way to host private servers and not even local LAN support all these years of work by the devs will just disappear forever in the near future. It is like there won't be any legacy other than memories.

Sad times indeed.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Brainfreak said:

No way. Why don't you ask for someone to buy/pay the servers so they can at least keep running. No more patches and events but just so the servers are still up. You can't just let this all die. All the avatars that people bought. The accounts are valuable to some. It's sad.

There must be a way to at least host private servers....

Yea good point

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone forever. This has been probably the only game I've played in the last 10 years (like 98% of the time) and I really don't know where to go from here...

Can we not get any updates or any new skins or any events after 20 June? Just leave it in the final version that it will be. And also please set up a monthly cost for server maintenance that the players can fulfil (ofc some will donate more than others), but as a community I think we will always reach the necessary target. 

Please just talk to us and tell us what you need (don't feel shamed to be honest and open with us), but don't make he best game that has ever existed disappear from the face of the planet.

We will do anything in our power, just don't let masterpiece vanish 😢

• Like 9

So many stages of grief in this thread!

The game has been dying for a while now guys/girls. It's just a part of life, we grow older, things fade out.

We had a good run, but now it's finally coming to an end.

As a game, I'd wager and say that no other MOBA felt as fluid as this one. Which is why I stuck with it for all these years.

The community... That's a different subject all together!

I wish everyone a good journey looking for their next game, and hopefully you have some good memories when all is said and done!

• Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, TemplarZ said:

Well damn... this just completely ruined my day. Honestly, I don't feel like playing HoN anymore as of right now... cause I know that no matter what I do, or whatever I might buy... it will be gone forever. This has been probably the only game I've played in the last 10 years (like 98% of the time) and I really don't know where to go from here...

Same here. 

I have played the game since beta and 95% of my MoBa games are HoN. Make the game so you need to buy it and we need to pay monthly to play it so we can save the best moba game. 

Please talk to us ♡

Edited by Wife
  • Like 2

This hurts... I remember getting my beta Key with some friends, going through our first "follow" match, buying the game for my birthday, spending hours and entire weekends playing nothing but HoN, I even have family videos where my children are messing around and you can hear HoN music in the background... It´s a feeling in between frustration/sadness/angriness. Nothing but good memories. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Sfgjsdd said:

IS there a way to keep the game up? im willing to pay a montly subscribtion if negesarry...CMOON! dont let this game die.

im pretty sure alot of people would agree to that...

I definitly would ;3

But if it really comes to an end, we sure had a blast all those years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Acnowlogia said:

@Manu311 do you have any idea how difficult it is to host a private server?

That depends on who you are and what you have.

HoN used to have a LAN-mode and you could host matches with that without problems. However that mode is long gone.
There are however people that still play that old version or at least try to - building something like match making servers shouldn't be too hard, the main problem is the main game server which I don't think is available anywhere.
If we get that server "somehow", I assume someone will make hosting games possible again 🙂.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • ElementUser changed the title to Is this for real? HoN ends at 20 june