Game translations

Hi! What's up with the game translations nowadays? Couldn't we use some centralized localization resource like crowdin.com for community translations?

Anyway, I'm working in a game localization company right now, doing translations into Ukrainian. If you're interested, we could update the Ukrainian translation and maintain it. We would just need some support from the devs (some technical details), and some time for the translation itself. 

Found it, thanks! 

I guess my team will help me with the basic translation, but after that I'll have to monitor patches and update those translations on my own, so we'll need some means for me to get notified and update the translation before a relevant patch. Anyways, we can discuss it later, after the translation is done (which will certainly take some time).

Is there a way to test the translations on the go? I tried to change a string in the interface translation file, saved it, but the game stopped recognizing that file (the rest of translations were still there)

2 hours ago, Dark_H said:

Found it, thanks! 

I guess my team will help me with the basic translation, but after that I'll have to monitor patches and update those translations on my own, so we'll need some means for me to get notified and update the translation before a relevant patch. Anyways, we can discuss it later, after the translation is done (which will certainly take some time).

Is there a way to test the translations on the go? I tried to change a string in the interface translation file, saved it, but the game stopped recognizing that file (the rest of translations were still there)

Follow my instructions here. The same principle applies to the stringtable files. 

Also we can't do that, you will always have to be 1 patch behind. You can contact Lightwalker and apply for RCT though. 

It worked, thanks! As for RCT - I'll think about it once the main job is done. Currently I'm working on 2 other projects, and will probably receive another big one shortly, so I'm not sure how long it will take. For those curious, I'll try to update this post once I know how many translatable words there are in the game.