Rotten Grasp Should be Physical

It's important to note that some things don't make sense because they were initially done for balance reasons at the time these mechanics/heroes were implemented. For this specific case, it's because having a root that bypasses Magic Immunity was probably too strong at that time.

That being said, I can implement this change for the next patch...though this will definitely make Deadwood much stronger. Time will tell if he requires any nerfs after this change is implemented.

Edited by ElementUser

@HoNneedsWALL so after I spoke with a competitor, he was very very concerned about this change. I told you so.

What I'll probably do for now is make the damage still physical, but the root effect still Magic. Yeah it "doesn't make sense", but balance is really important - and balance around Magic Immunity is one of the most important considerations in HoN.

Edited by ElementUser

If the root was physical, DW could solo kill most of the carries regardless of shrunken head throughout most phases of the game (at least the important ones). That would indeed be concerning. Having the damage physical while the effect itself being magical seems to be a decent game to me..

Negative armor state is part of the CC state. Unfortunately I can't separate those (technically I can, but it's not feasible to do so & no good reason to).

Going to archive this then since the verdict is final after I spoke with a few people about it

Edited by ElementUser