Better protection in well and spawn

So, the frustration as a player is that towards the end of the game I am still vulnerable in the well. What happens then is that people sell their things, but a pk / tablet, and push themselves out of reach and vision for the enemy team. And that is only if you have the time for it.

Being killed in spawn is extremly frustrating, especially if you get hit by a double Thunderbringer ulti (thanks for the very recent patch that prevents that btw!)

So, as a player, I don't want to feel like I am going to get killed while I stay in spawn.

But! I also don't want to lose the core play of HoN, like throwing an Aluna ulti to someone that just reached the well, or bomb ulti with staff, pharo, and so on. 

So I suggest this implementation:
- Protective shield on spawn
- Shield is immediately gone if the player steps outside the well
- After X seconds in well, protective shield gets active

Would be very nice to have

Thank you for super quick response!

Yeah I agree there are, but in those times a concede might not go through because of someone in team. In any case, I might be wrong, but my assumption of the well if that it is a protected place for the player. 

The idea came from me being crushed by thunder bringer as scout. Double ulti killed me twice on spawn.

I did not know about the 3-second state to be honest, thanks for informing me!

Anyway, a suggestion, I'll be fine either way. Thanks for the consideration!

• 2 weeks later...

I can just tell you since I'll be releasing the notes today or tomorrow (undecided at the moment):

Well/Tarpit
- Attack Range increased from 800 to 1000.
- Attack Damage reduced from 200 to 175.
- Attacks now have 50% Armor Penetration.

The range and Armor Penetration make a big difference, and ultimately makes the area more safe.

Edited by ElementUser
3 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

Só posso dizer que estarei lançando as notas hoje ou amanhã (indeciso no momento):

O alcance e a penetração da armadura fazem uma grande diferença e, em última análise, tornam a área mais segura.

Release the notes today! We're all looking forward to finding out what's new! 😆

34 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

I can just tell you since I'll be releasing the notes today or tomorrow (undecided at the moment):

The range and Armor Penetration make a big difference, and ultimately makes the area more safe.

Oh awesome! Yeah that armour penetration will work for sure. Can't wait to try it out!