hon_x64.exe infected with "IDP.Generic" virus.

Hi,

So ye, as i said in the title, my avast antivirus detected hon_x64.exe infected with "IDP.Generic" as a virus and put it in quarantine.

Is it safe to have it ?

Edited by Mr_Caio
  • Mr_Caio changed the title to hon_x64.exe infected with "IDP.Generic" virus.
15 minutes ago, Mr_Caio said:

Hi,

So ye, as i said in the title, my avast antivirus detected hon_x64.exe infected with "IDP.Generic" as a virus and put it in quarantine.

Is it safe to have it ?

That's a generic error that avast creates because HoN does something like write files. I think the HoN-staff can ask them to whitelist the hon-file, so it's good to report these incidences.
For you personally, I recommend uploading files you're unsure about to https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload . It's free and will tell you what different antivirus-programs tell you about the file you uploaded.
That way you have way more sources that tell you a file is bad - or see that there are only few positives, which usually means the file is harmless. Of course thinking about where you downloaded the file (and/or asking) won't hurt 😉.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Mr`Cactus said:

false positive (assuming you downloaded the game from the official site).

I think it's advisable to only run windows defender.

Hum ?

It happened after the update, the game was downloaded a long time ago.

What do you mean by "false positive"

1 minute ago, Manu311 said:

That's a generic error that avast creates because HoN does something like write files. I think the HoN-staff can ask them to whitelist the hon-file, so it's good to report these incidences.
For you personally, I recommend uploading files you're unsure about to https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload . It's free and will tell you what different antivirus-programs tell you about the file you uploaded.
That way you have way more sources that tell you a file is bad - or see that there are only few positives, which usually means the file is harmless. Of course thinking about where you downloaded the file (and/or asking) won't hurt 😉.

Thanks, i'l run it on the website you linked.