Amun Ra suggestions

The hero suffers from some internal issues with his skill functions, as well as limited item builds and his need for power farming. Either he reaches peak power before his enemies can deal with him or he does nothing. Here's some changes to address that.

Q: Passively grants 1/2/3/4 hp/s regen.

W: Passively grants 1/2/3/4 hp/s regen. Now gain 1 charge after taking 1.5% hp damage from enemy player controlled units for 4s, up to 10 charges (independent duration). On activation, consume charges to reduce health cost by 1.5% max hp per charge.

E: Regen reduced to 1/2/3/4 hp/s. Now deals 75% damage to non-hero units (or 50%). In addition, give 0.8 attack speed per charge (16/24/32/40 max).

Reasoning:

- By giving the hero innate regeneration, you reduce his dependency on rushing helm/headdress timing, improving his feast or famine status. And by spreading it out over all his skills, it scales all the way till lvl 14 as opposed to 7 when you only put it in his E, limiting what you can give him.

- W now synergizes properly by rewarding soaking damage, instead of strictly punishing. Which, again, reduces his dependency on hitting early tank item timings in order to offset the cost.

- Amun-Ra is a clunky work, but he's kept alive by a good farming tool, but in turn it also keeps him underwater because farming is pretty OP. People often complain that he does nothing with his farm in the mid/late game, yet his only strong point is farming, which creates a friction between low level, where you win by just out farming opponents and they will let you do it, and high level gameplay. So i suggest nerfing his farm to be more in line with other heroes in order to buff his other aspects that are more consistent between brackets.

- Additionally, E will give attack speed. This is a call back to his old flavor, it's also to balance out his nerfed farming and branching him out to attack damage item choices.

I actually don't think much is wrong with his Q. You can potentially heal even with the health regain, and the health cost acts as activation for E, same with W. I think people under sale the MS boost too much, it's a MS boost after a quick gap close that lasts for a whole 6s, useful even if you miss the meteor.

It will be even more valuable if E gives attack speed, since there's more payoff to sticking close to a target.

But if you must address the risk vs reward, i think lowering the meteor delay for more consistency along with reduced damage is fine. It is after all just an 1s stun.

I have a dream, where Amun-Ra buys lifesteal to farm jungle and it won't be a meme.

Also, ult should just give Ra full E charges when reviving.

Edited by Rezziedahl
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 12:19 AM, ElementUser said:

Generally speaking, I like the direction. 

Still not sure what to do with Q exactly, though... It has a high risk for not so much reward, and the 0 mana & the high health cost characteristic limit it in a unique way right now. 

Honestly Meteor just needs some stun scaling and that's it. The spell already scales based on targets hit (healing) and running into it.

With the advent of Dreamcatcher / Sacrificial Stone, Meteor becomes a terrifying spell when positioned right.

Edited by Hubaris

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

Huh? There's nothing wrong with Dream being good on him; people are just stuck playing the hero the same old way that doesn't work over and over again.

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?

• 2 weeks later...