Jump to content

Nvidia Filters on 64-bit client?


Recommended Posts

So I was just browsing  the supported games list for nvidia freestyle (filters) and saw Heroes of Newerth there.

So i went on to HoN (64-bit client) and tried to enable it but just got "unsupported game".

Is there any possibility you would make it work for 64-bit aswell?

And if not, is it allowed to use 3rd party software like reshade, or will this trigger some anti-cheat module?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, so they might say its unsupported because the exe name is no longer hon.exe, but hon_x64.exe. (well that, and the architecture is different) but the meta data of the exe should match, can you give that a try? or just force it?

But of course its allowed, infact if you get it working I'd like to see what it looks like - as long as you're not using it to get an advantage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2021 at 12:09 AM, HyperXewl said:

Interesting, so they might say its unsupported because the exe name is no longer hon.exe, but hon_x64.exe. (well that, and the architecture is different) but the meta data of the exe should match, can you give that a try? or just force it?

But of course its allowed, infact if you get it working I'd like to see what it looks like - as long as you're not using it to get an advantage.

I got the Nvidia filters to work by changing the executable to hon.exe so no need for reshade. Just gotta remember to change the name back to hon_x64.exe for updates since it the updater gave me error otherwise.

Ill go ahead and post some screenshots this weekend.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys do something special to get HoN to even show up as a game in GeFore Experience? I've tried renaming hon_x64.exe to hon.exe, but it's just not recognising the game during a scan. I tried adding the folder manually as well, but that didn't work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HenryCase said:

Do you guys do something special to get HoN to even show up as a game in GeFore Experience? I've tried renaming hon_x64.exe to hon.exe, but it's just not recognising the game during a scan. I tried adding the folder manually as well, but that didn't work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's not showing up in GeForce experience for me either but filters work anyways when renamed to hon.exe

When I have booted into HoN i press Alt+Z to open the geforce menu and then filters. Or Alt+F3 to open the filters menu directly.

I do have the 32-bit client installed aswell, and that one shows up under GeForce experience, but not the 64-bit client.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2021 at 6:44 PM, WarSpaz said:

It's not showing up in GeForce experience for me either but filters work anyways when renamed to hon.exe

When I have booted into HoN i press Alt+Z to open the geforce menu and then filters. Or Alt+F3 to open the filters menu directly.

I do have the 32-bit client installed aswell, and that one shows up under GeForce experience, but not the 64-bit client.

Ooooh I see. Thank you for the clarification. I'll give it a try!

As long as the filters work I'm happy with your solution. I don't use any of the other GeForce Experience optimizations anyway.

Edited by HenryCase
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...