Geometer's Bane nerf?

I think the item doesn't deserve the nerf it's receiveing (changing the cooldown from 60 to 70 seconds), as simple as that.
Generally i feel like in the scenarios when you buy the item it's mostly about the effect, otherwise building towards a dawnbringer, a bola, nullfire, or mby daemonic is simply more bang for your buck. 

You would for example buy it against keeper of the forest or arachna, to make sure thier ults aren't so impactful. But with the direction it's heading it seems like you have to hold on to the active effect at all times, using it to farm or scout now means you lose out on the 5,1k gold you spent, for 70 seconds. Obviously it provides some movementspeed and agility, which is nice at all times but as i stated earlier there are simply better options for that.i would suggest lowering the duration of the illusions and lowering the cooldown so you can use the item that you spent 5,1k gold on. it's not a shrunken for gods sake

Ah yes, a self-purge item that also lets you chip away at buildings for a pseudo backdoor without any risk to yourself, while also disjointing projectiles & granting you temporary invulnerability, while ALSO granting you expendible units to scout with no downsides is "not that good".....

Edited by ElementUser

Fair enough, in the end im complaining about a +10 second nerf, but it's more so that i want to be able to use the item more often. if you lessen the duration and cooldowm you also decrease the backdoor potential. Making each use of geos less effective, so that if the enemies don't react to it it's not as devastating. To get the same "backdoor value" out of it then you'd have to put yourself at risk more often, which increases the chances of you getting picked off when trying to use it to kill towers. Also, if the duration is lower then the illusions have to be spawned closer to the tower to get damage on it, further increasing the chances that you get caught.

With the directions it's heading it feels like when you buy it as a defensive tool, let's say you're magebane and you want to be able to dispel nighthound's nulllfire slow so you can get out of smoke cloud before he kills you. It doesn't feel like you can ever take that calculated risk of using it to preassure a sidelane, a tower, steal a creepcamp from the enemy and scout. Because you make yourself susceptable for 70 seconds. There's no way you can count on not getting inishiated on for 70 seconds straight. (i belive this is also underwelming with the 60 second cooldown).

So i merley suggest that we buff the on use activation, the defensive part of it, and neft the annoying pressence of the illusions. They don't need to last as long as they do.

On 11/11/2021 at 5:17 PM, ElementUser said:

It's +10 seconds.....

This isn't a valid complaint from my end.

1 minute ago, Snark said:

Fair enough, in the end im complaining about a +10 second nerf, but it's more so that i want to be able to use the item more often. if you lessen the duration and cooldowm you also decrease the backdoor potential. Making each use of geos less effective, so that if the enemies don't react to it it's not as devastating. To get the same "backdoor value" out of it then you'd have to put yourself at risk more often, which increases the chances of you getting picked off when trying to use it to kill towers. Also, if the duration is lower then the illusions have to be spawned closer to the tower to get damage on it, further increasing the chances that you get caught.

With the directions it's heading it feels like when you buy it as a defensive tool, let's say you're magebane and you want to be able to dispel nighthound's nulllfire slow so you can get out of smoke cloud before he kills you. It doesn't feel like you can ever take that calculated risk of using it to preassure a sidelane, a tower, steal a creepcamp from the enemy and scout. Because you make yourself susceptable for 70 seconds. There's no way you can count on not getting inishiated on for 70 seconds straight. (i belive this is also underwelming with the 60 second cooldown).

So i merley suggest that we buff the on use activation, the defensive part of it, and neft the annoying pressence of the illusions. They don't need to last as long as they do.

oh i figured out how to quote people just now

I don't play heroes that use geobane such as mq, magebane, silho.. thats it? And the item is still weak compared to others, such as heart, shield breaker, shruken. I personally very very rarely pick up a geobane; because its not that useful. You have it for one team fight, and you only get it to counter spells when shruken is on cd or something it does help in pushing. But if you use it for that and lets say the enemy has bola you're only cucking ur self because you need to use geo for bola becuase you wont have it off cd in time. So overall its not that good. and now its worse.

It was always a very decent item and the effect is really strong. It provides crucial attributes, especially the movement speed. Aside from that it provides the most important thing: survivablity. The longer the carry lives, the longer he can output damage. Escaping a potential gank or surviving a teamfight can be gamechanging.

Also the damage is decent. If your carry has 300 damage per hit you have 200 extra just from those illusions. I usually pick it up almost every time I play an agility carry - especially on ranged it's great. Depends on the matchup of course but I personally can understand why it was nerfed.

3 hours ago, hegelsohn said:

Also the damage is decent. If your carry has 300 damage per hit you have 200 extra just from those illusions. I usually pick it up almost every time I play an agility carry - especially on ranged it's great. Depends on the matchup of course but I personally can understand why it was nerfed.

Illusions only inherit Base Damage (damage from their primary attribute and from their base 30-40 from Level 0). 

I need to know something, Newerth. The way we used to be together... I... I don't mean lately, but before... It was real, wasn't it?