Hello,

since the last announcement about the Camera Distance hack bans,

i think its time you consider patching the camera distance to zoom out more , making it even for everyone , with no advantages/disadvantages for anyone.

I call it more like a playstyle , because i play most of my games zoomed out, rpgs , mmorpgs even rally games.

Even if you patched it a little its still not enough!!!!!

I think it will be fair for everyone plus noone will get banned for 3rd party programs .

Please consider this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to shine some light on some facts:

• Other games of the same genre (Dota2, League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm) have these zoom/camera hacks too.
    • These games also consider these zoom hacks illegitimate tools, and they do ban players caught using them too.

• Yes, a vocal minority of players that play these games hate the default zoom limit too & have resorted to using these illegal tools. These games are competitive in nature, and some kind of limit must be enforced for competitive integrity & fairness.

Here are some other threads that I have had constructive discussion on the topic:

With that being said, I would like to draw attention to this specific quote (from the first link I posted):

Strangely, I did it to make a better game, so I don't think it counts as 'sadism'.

The game plays better and controls better at a slightly narrow, slightly paranoid view level. How do I know this? Because we messed around with it some early during development.

We want people to make errors in looking around to get ganked. That also does help you gank at non-pro skill levels.

Also, if we allowed ANY zoom, a lot of people would feel compelled to play at the max, even though they were having more frustration controlling things, and a less visually pleasing experience. They would also suffer at the same time in both directions from a different lane feel.

So, we set the rules as they are, and demand that people keep the playing field even between them and their opponents and everyone wins out. It's sortof like having a waiting line at Chipotle. If they didn't, and just served whoever muscled to the front first, it would work just fine, but the overall experience is better with the minor rule. Field of view is the same way.

There are specific reasons why the zoom level limit exists in the first place.

Some time in the moderate future, I *may* consider slightly increasing the max camera distance (by maybe 4-8% or so, give or take). No matter what though, the zoom hack will never be permitted, and players are always at risk of being banned if caught using it.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1

Even a small zoom out will make a difference.

You know better that many users got banned for this,

many of them wont be able to play the game with the original zoom , myself too.

Its a hit to the player base and we dont want that in our beloved game for so many years now.

I dont think dota for example has the same affect on the zoom because it feels different, the camera is more angled etc.

I love this game so many years now , since people are asking for this , please make it possible , lets meet in the middle of this , 8% to 10% sounds good.

I dont even play FOC , havent over a year now, i only play Midwars for fun...

Edited by vangreek
  • Like 4

So many years have passed, for many players ACD has become a part of the game and now you have decided to start a holy-war of cheat-vs-anticheat? You ready for it?Only fans remained in the game. What is the purpose? Kill the game? Fair play?
Let me remind you that there was still EasyDeny, but when you made this option in the game, it became unnecessary in ACD.
So make the setting for everyone to zoom the camera up to 3500. Then the players won't need ACD either.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, LittleACD said:

So many years have passed, for many players ACD has become a part of the game and now you have decided to start a holy-war of cheat-vs-anticheat? You ready for it?Only fans remained in the game. What is the purpose? Kill the game? Fair play?
Let me remind you that there was still EasyDeny, but when you made this option in the game, it became unnecessary in ACD.
So make the setting for everyone to zoom the camera up to 3500. Then the players won't need ACD either.

You didn't read my post. 

You would know why if that was the case. 

Also your argument is a weak one... If something wasn't punished for so long, that doesn't mean it was legal. As I said before, other games punish for this if they catch you. The reasons are outlined in my post. 

Also, all this "killing the game" argument is weak. I saw the number of cheaters vs the total number of players, and the cheaters are only a tiny fraction of the player base.

Edited by ElementUser

There is no need for anger or something which will make this post locked,

all me and many people want is to make possible at least a 10% increase in camera distance.

As i said,

you cant compare it with DOTA 2 camera distance since its angled and gives enough space.

Just please consider it in the next patch…

And i didnt create this post to argue for the banning of people using it,

all i want is the idea of zooming out more to be implemented in the settings

Edited by Vangreek
10 hours ago, LittleACD said:

There was a mod back in the day that allowed one to deny allied lane creeps by right-clicking. I am pretty sure that this mod could be installed using the HoN Mod Manager. Rumor has it that the HoN Mod Manager predates Heroes of Newerth, but this is only a rumor and is likely untrue.

Limitations and challenges make the game fun, as long as they are fairly applied to all. Camera restrictions is akin to the need for Fog of War, in so much that you are forced to play with limited information. These restrictions makes players make judgement calls and quick decisions, and is part of the way people get better at separating their skill level from the average player.

• Like 1

I think there is no point in choosing a% for magnification, you just need to make a camera = maxillman of the ability range, take the example of devo, the range of the hook is 1200, in each direction and it would be nice to round up to 2500, this is certainly not 4000 but better than the standard 1000 if not less. Regarding ganks, I'll give you an argument for why this doesn't work:
1) You do not see more than others, that is, the view of your hero or ward further the fog of war
2) More experienced players of my level know that there is a consumable that gives invisibility until you get close to 1100 to the enemy hero, well, so the hook has a devo 1200 and this allows you to gank with 100% efficiency, since this item is hiding you from wards
3) You can see at least 10,000, but this is something if you are ganked from the forest (for example, the lower line of the Kaldavar) if you are not EW with an ult of course
4) For some reason, no one touches the disadvantages of this large review, but they are, in 1 the camera is buggy and you do not see the fragment in real time, it is more difficult for you to finish off the creep because it is very small, you will very often throw the ability not at the hero who is worth in the crowd of creeps, but in the creeps themselves (this is important for blue boots that allow you to walk through units)
5) Falling fps, but now on 64 versions the picture is much better, but at 32 there was a maximum of 40 fps with a distance of 3k +
6) Out of sync cursors for the observer, suppose you teach your friend to play and show him what to click what to buy, but he does not see it because the cursor is displaced.

I can bring a bunch of minuses to the use of this program and we need an official release of the camera zoom.

• Like 1

I have problem with my software/pc.I play hon with 10 fps in teamfights. I cannot use camera to see teamfights quickly. Pls let us use ACD or give us zoom patch.

Edited by Bombardino
  • Like 2

That doesn't make any sense. You get more FPS drop the further your camera is from the map.

Closing thread - there's nothing left to be discussed, and nothing will change until there is a good time to make a change.

Also, cheating is cheating. Don't cheat. If you use this tool, you are cheating. It's that simple & there is no excuse for it. 

Edited by ElementUser