HoN Replays

Is there a way that I can get a full replay in a video format like .MP4, AVI, MOV etc or something. My only other solution is to get my own recording software and save my own games. Also is there a way to watch a replay from like 10 years ago? I have saved replays and when I try to access them it says "Compatize" then it takes forever to load the replay. Forever as in it doesn't work after hours of waiting.

Thanks in advance for any information.

How would you expect a replay video to look in those formats? The entire map at once? Or just one players view?

HoN can't record either of those and there is probably no program which can create it for you either. You would have to manually do the steps needed for it - but if you want to record every game, just start obs and let it run while you play.

You can watch replays of older versions, however the compatize feature is limited and will not work for all versions - I don't know exactly for which it will work.
However you can install an old version of HoN and not update it. Those replays will still work there. However downloading them is also limited, at some point they will be deleted from servers (but you can store and replay them locally forever).

• Like 1

Yeah you're probably right it's probably not possible to have those file formats unless I do my own recording since there are so many other utilities that can be used on the replay system.

Do you have any direct place of where I would find these old versions? (Otherwise I can try googling it and see what I come up with) also how would I not update the client since as soon as I try to log in to watch the replay wouldn't it ask me to update?

4 minutes ago, Yuffie said:

Do you have any direct place of where I would find these old versions? (Otherwise I can try googling it and see what I come up with) also how would I not update the client since as soon as I try to log in to watch the replay wouldn't it ask me to update?

I don't have any source for those - I would just have to google for them as well.
When you start any old version, it usually asks on login: "There is a newer version, do you want to update?" (or something like that) and it gives you the option to do update, but you can decline the offer and just start the version you already have. It won't let you join any games however (aside of practice mode - and of course replays).

• Like 1