Community Dream Patch - Brainstorming thread

5 hours ago, ZLOfm said:

I understand that the developer does not have the so-called "Resources". If this is money - please tell me where you can throw the money in order to see at least some kind of reaction besides the silence that has already gotten me for many years?

As far as I am aware, most of the "resources" are things that could be bought with more money. You can probably get a new developer for $100,000 a year (I'm personally not that cheap, but I guess I would be if I could work on HoN for that amount) and I assume one additional full-time developer would help a lot with these "resources".
So if you have that much money to throw (and actually want to do that), I'm sure basically everyone at FB would love to talk with you 😛.
There is a donation page linked at the top - right now you can only donate for marketing, but I'm sure if you want to donate some bigger amount to something else (like more "resources"), you could contact the support with that request and they will probably arrange something where you can throw your money at for whatever you want. Of course that probably doesn't mean that they will implement your suggestions because you think they are good. But they could get enough resources to validate whether they are good or not.

That being said, there are also resources which you probably don't want to buy, and I'm directly involved with those: Testers. A while ago SBT got closed because not enough people were willing to test new features anymore. RCT is still rolling, so you don't get all the bugs they find in new patches - however even RCT only has very few active testers left. So if you don't have that much money to throw: Simply apply for one (or multiple) of the volunteer positions and be a valuable resource yourself.

Either way: This thread is about dream patch notes, not about missing resources, so if you want to keep discussing this, please open a new thread.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's not much you can do about developer resources. The parent company has to accommodate for that.    Even if players donated a million dollars, that doesn't mean they can get what they

How to handle queue times on so many game modes?? easy! Guild Wars for example has automatic rotating events for it.  Give us 4x or 5x silver rewards at certain times. Queue times for the modes w

Hi guys, If you wanted to ever write your own dream patch notes or introduce certain changes into HoN, I would like to see them. Note the following expectations: There should be 0 expe

8 hours ago, ZLOfm said:

I understand that the developer does not have the so-called "Resources". If this is money - please tell me where you can throw the money in order to see at least some kind of reaction besides the silence that has already gotten me for many years?

Reveal hidden contents

If this is not money, then let them also make an appropriate message. Because it’s already annoying that if you suggest something, they write to you either “the balance is normal” or “to change something, you need money and time, and I’m 1 developer and I can’t do anything,” or in 90% of cases you do not write anything.
About 8 years ago I was in a similar situation, when a game where there was only 1 developer also cried that nothing worked, throw off the money, and when you throw off money, he starts crying that if you propose to introduce something into the game, then put it out right away code, so that he "does not waste time on your crazy suggestions", and when you make him a code, he just kept silent. There was a case when I laid out the code for him and wrote a check for a good new update, so he just started to ignore (while introducing other sentences) and when I directly asked "why are you not putting my offer into the game? I did as you asked, most the players approved everything, "he just blocked me and the only thing he could answer me was" you don't understand anything, I don't want to introduce anything of yours, I don't like you. " Anyone who wants to improve the game perceives being ignored as a personal insult, and it is. Especially if you are willing to offer and reward for the introduction.

There's not much you can do about developer resources. The parent company has to accommodate for that. 

Even if players donated a million dollars, that doesn't mean they can get what they want. A lot of it is a matter of trust as HoN source code of closed source, and we don't have the authority or permission for any kind of hiring decision. We can't just subcontract or hire developers like that, and only Garena makes the call for that. 

Another resource issue is really a permissions issue - even today, our (very small) team at Frostburn does not have access to everything (database, backend servers, master servers) and there's not a lot we can do about it. Even if we did, we would need staff who are familiar with those systems on the backend to do anything, or spend a huge amount of resources (money, time and developer effort and focus) to make a new one. And so forth. 

We're in a not so great situation where developers don't have full access to their systems. This is largely why it's so difficult to get anything done for HoN if it's systems-related.

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

iam glad and happy for your efforts all of you tbh i appreciate that thank you guys for letting this game standing .

i know this game right now is better than any other moba games i tried most of them HON now and was the best .

if just more heroes and skins add from time to time nothing more will be perfect 

do you think guys with everything and the situation is that possible ? 

24 minutes ago, ZLOfm said:

Listen, maybe then it will be easier for us to negotiate with Garena or who is there now about the purchase of the game and the source code? How can you even negotiate with them?

It's not for sale and it's their IP. 

They have been approached at least once a week about selling the IP, the answer is always no from the higher ups. These aren't from random players either, they're from serious prospective purchasers.

Edited by ElementUser

I don't know if it's too late already, but there is one small thing I forgot to add - Flux SotM.

It's a little bit redundant and weak (the effect), in practice it only adds +100 pull/push distance. (while a restoration stone for +/- almost the same price adds +800 pull/push distance)

Can it be changed to something more impactful?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Lunarios said:

I don't know if it's too late already, but there is one small thing I forgot to add - Flux SotM.

It's a little bit redundant and weak (the effect), in practice it only adds +100 pull/push distance. (while a restoration stone for +/- almost the same price adds +800 pull/push distance)

Can it be changed to something more impactful?

While it not should'nt simply add more push/pull distant we should discuss if a bond/restrain effect can be added.

Pure damage or slow is also disregarded imo. I'd like to see some kind of 1.5 sec of perplex and fear or with the addition of 3 second restrain afterwards. 

I've always thought games would be more fun if the jungle is extended on Kongor's side. Another camp close to the ancients. It always have seemed a bit off to me that there's only an ancients jungle camp on the Kongor's side. It will allow the long lane/suicide more versatility. I also believe it might help in games that snowball hard, since enemy players will likely look to control your jungle and you'd be forced to either fight or split-push the other lanes. I wonder what other people think about this and if it's even achievable?

Edited by _stix

Ouch, I forgot to reserve page 3. Well, in the end I still stick to update the first page of my post about dream patch.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

War Beast's SotM effect is problematic for 3 reasons:

1. Routinely obsolete - The effect becomes completely useless while WB is transformed. It literally does nothing.
  2. Decaying value - During mid/late game, the ult's cooldown becomes shorter, causing SotM's effect to have even less value as WB will be transformed more often.
  3. Lack of synergy - Aside from bonus HP, the SotM effect provides mostly offensive bonuses when War Beast needs to be the most defensive (ultimate on cooldown).

Here is my suggestion:

War Beast

Metamorphosis
- Staff of the Master effect change (to pre-existing):
* Previous bonuses removed.
* Increases duration of transformation by 1 second for every count of 'Primal Rage'.
* Optional: Instead, increase move speed bonus while transformed by 8 for every count of 'Primal Rage'.
* Optional: Instead, increase critical chance while transformed by 2% for every count of 'Primal Rage'.
+ Note: counts of 'Primal Rage' cannot be gained before SotM is acquired (see skill below). 

Primal Rage
- Staff of the Master effect addition (new):
* Allows you to cast this skill to target an enemy hero within 1000 range, reducing the target's cast time by 50/60/70/80 and granting vision of the target for 10 seconds. If the target dies while affected by Primal Rage, cooldown is refreshed and War Beast gains one count of 'Primal Rage'. Cooldown: 20 seconds. Mana cost: 50.

Summon Hellhounds
* Hellhounds' max health increased to 550/600/650/700 and attack speed/time/cooldown are matched to War Beast's.

Edited by Ravath

As a potential carry, Riptide lacks proper scalability in his kit. My SotM suggestion provides some scalability and farming utility to open up avenues for carry roles.

Here is my suggestion:

Riptide

In My Element
* Gains cleave while on water.
* Increases agility while on water: 20 + 30%/45%/60%/75% Agility
* Maximum number of puddles increased to 3/4/5/6, with cast range of 1000.

Edited by Ravath

Reverting oogie nerfs made since 4.3.3. Mostly in regards to ulti duration and cooldown.

Reverting the rework of armor of the mad mage, or reinstitute ultors heavy plate.

I miss the old jade spire and would in bias like its return.

Dream patch remains a dream after all. I congratulates some Newerthians here getting their suggestion implemented and soon immortalized.

• Sad 1

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com