Community Dream Patch - Brainstorming thread

Hi guys,

If you wanted to ever write your own dream patch notes or introduce certain changes into HoN, I would like to see them.

Note the following expectations:

• There should be 0 expectations on actually getting any of the changes mentioned in this thread into HoN. I wanted to make this clear. If any of them do happen to make it into HoN in the future - consider that a big win!

• You are free to put in anything you want. However, if it's not a realistic thing to implement in HoN at this point, it is not likely to be introduced in HoN, ever.

That is all - happy brainstorming 😃

Edited by ElementUser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How to handle queue times on so many game modes?? easy! Guild Wars for example has automatic rotating events for it.  Give us 4x or 5x silver rewards at certain times. Queue times for the modes w

Hi guys, If you wanted to ever write your own dream patch notes or introduce certain changes into HoN, I would like to see them. Note the following expectations: There should be 0 expe

Why would I waste time on something that will never happen? These heroes are too familiar and loved by most players. And since, I quote: My dreams remain just dreams, impossible due to an outri

Hi EU and team, thank you for all your hard work!

1. Implement gold on creep deny. Not that much maybe 5-8g and orb gives 1g per deny to the synch'd party. 

2. SOTM effect on Valk also gives one more charge to the 3rd ability. i.e. before staff reduced CD on javelin, it was OP and therefore nerfed, but devo's hook still have cd reduction and increased renage. This was we can give some love to valk even tho you just reduced the cd on the jump in the latest patch, thank btw!

3. Efectively deal with smurfs.

a) People are already playing with 1800+ in 1500~ brackets as they are smurfing so it would be the same having four 1500MMR and one 1900 in the team than having having five 1500MMR and one being a 1900 smurf in a 1500MMR acc.
b) Unfortunately smurfing brings down MMR economy, as they have many accounts reaching up to 1800+ and then they create a new one an so on, which is a problem for players that are actually in their brackets. In real life is like rich people gets even richer by taking advantage of the poor. I'm always up to face an smurf though, have beaten them a lot of times which brings me satisfaction bc I'm a casual player, but obviously they've won most times.  
c) The player base is not big enough so we should be clever on how to implement a fix.

The following suggestions might be controversial but given the current limitations I think that these could potentially work:

3.1. Queue 1900+ with lower ranks. As they are smurfing already it is the same thing if you queue them up together. 

INITIAL DRAFT ON HOW TO MAKE THIS WORK:
-If one team gets high bracket players, the other one must have the same amount as well. I would say you could have up to 2 high bracket players on each side mixed with lower MMR players. 
-The higher MMR players will act as 'mentors' for the lower MMR players, suggestions on how to implement a 'mentor - mentee' are welcome as resources are limited but there's a lot of space for improvement here, like having them suggest the roles to the other lower players, some anti-toxicity and pro-communication systems, etc. 
-The high MMR player obviously will not win the same amount of MMR as the lower players. Instead high MMR players can get other type of rewards like increased experienced, silver coins or event gold coins, i.e.: 

*1 High with 4 low MMR:*
Winner team:
Gives the high MMR player +1 or max of 2 MMR with 5gc and x2 silver coins and xp. Low MRR players receives normal MMR and silver rewards.

*Loser team:*
High MMR players loose -1 or max of 2 MMR. They win x2 silver coins only. 

*PROS:* 
-You will partially solve the MMR economy issue in lower bracket. 
-You will solve the issues with high MMR players not finding games to play.
-You will encourage all team members to play as a team to win.
-This will help solving account value issues (partially).

*CONS:*
-High MMR players will complain about playing with people that are not at their level, but come on... You are already smurfing how could you complain about this anyways?
-You are not here to teach anybody how to play? Then don't, just play for the rewards that's fine too, what we want is to have you playing. 

*Pending considerations:*
-How to successfully distribute the high and low MMR players. 
-How to implement the mentor-mentee mechanic
-Other that I can't think right now but I'm sure there are many. 

3.2. Give an option for all players to allow them to queue with mixed MMR players,

INITIAL DRAFT ON HOW TO MAKE THIS WORK:
Add a checkmark or something in the UI that ignores MMR differences. This will be subjected to special rules like:

-Each team will get the same amount of players in brackets, i.e.: 2 legendaries, 1 diamond, 2 silver. 
-You won't win the same amount of MMR as you would do in a game on your actual tier, however other rewards may apply like gc and extra silver coins and xp for winner team with a fixed +2MMR for winners and -2MMR for the team that lost. Another idea would be to add some sort of missions/objectives like old war effort and win avatars or something else. 
-Same rewards would apply for all players disregarding their bracket. 

*PROS:*
-Faster queue times
-You will solve the issues with high MMR players not finding games to play.
-This will help solving account value issues (partially).
-Without the war effort-like systems, would be the easiest, fastest potential solution. 

*CONS:*
-High MMR players will complain about playing with people that are not at their level, but again you are already smurfing.
-Implementing a war effort-like systems would require a lot of resources. 
-People would have to decide playing for low MMR or rewards. 

4. Major cloud vendors offer low latency fiber connections across the world with their own submarine cables. They even offer complete solutions for games. This ofc is more expensive and other things should be taken into consideration like if the game would run with low ping in different regions. I won't go deep into this as would require lots of money, which we don't have lol. 

5. Add checkmarks which you can select the amount of players you want to play with. i.e. minimum of 3 players and checkmarks for 3-players, 4-players, 5-players. The queue will auto-decide based on the current available players. Won't go on details here, is simple with lots of cons and pros, but at least it will need a minimum of 6 high ranked players instead of 10. Just saying. 

4. Get some ideas from other MOBAs that actually worked. I know HoN was going to implement the talent system even before Dota2 did it, I personally hate the talent system but my point is that in the past they have stolen ideas from HoN (not saying this one particulary) but yeah we should try to replicate some of the formulas that worked for them and get advantage of what is useful. 

5. Get partners like Xbox live, this way we can give some visibility to the game. 

6. I read somewhere that HoN's engine would allow having some sort of battle royale like fortnite/pubg but in HoN. It would require a huge map on which everybody can fight vs other players and the last standing wins. Sounds crazy and maybe is not even related to a MoBA or maybe it already exists, dont know but sounds fun tho. 

Anyways, I hope the above ideas help to address some of the issues. I can think in the amount of cons that might be encountered in the road and people not liking the suggestions, but I hope it could be an start to find a way to fix some of the most current impacting issues. 

• Like 1

1. Ranked Queue limitations at certain level. - I understand this will separate the community and create longer queue times; but there should be rank limitations for when you reach a certain level instead of your prize for ranking up is just running into multi-stack pub stompers.

Kind of like how RIOT GAMES League of Legends have Ranked SOLO/DUO then Ranked FLEX. Then for their FPS game VALORANT once you hit Diamond 3 you cannot queue in a party more than 2.

2. Battle Pass - HoN should try to implement a battle pass system. If people don't know what this is. It's basically you pay an amount lets say like $10 and you get something like "War Effort". The more you play the more exclusive awards you will achieve for that season.

Fortnite had like 100 Tiers/Levels and VALORANT has about 50 levels + I believe 5 bonus levels.

(Honestly I'm not even sure how HoN makes their money and it's non of my business. But HoN is a Free to Play game and ALMOST EVERY avatar can be bought with silver. So if you play enough you can get any avatar that you want.)

3. HoN saved Audio - Currently right now there isn't a way to report someone for Comms Abuse.  It's too difficult to report someone through comms abuse; you would need to record the audio on your own and send it into RAP. Which means your recording software better have been on the whole time incase they don't say that stuff again.

• Like 1
  1. Increase assist timer again 😇 - maybe make the timing depending on how much you assisted. So if you dealt more damage or disabled more, you get a longer assist timer.
  2. Introduce (at least some of) the following ward related pings to the ping-wheel: "Please place a ward of sight here", "Please place a ward of revelation here", "The enemies have a ward of revelation here", "The enemies have a ward of sight here", "I want to place a ward of sight here".
  3. Re-introduce official Linux-support (I'm still afraid of it breaking eventually 😅)
  4. Re-introduce Balanced Random to Foc (I know it won't happen, but I still want it to 😇)
  5. I still would like to have a staff-announcer. Or maybe an ElementUser-announcer? 😋
  6. Introduce some support hero (skill) which can reveal stealth heroes (early).
  • Thanks 1

Community Dream Patch by @datfizh (incomplete):

Spoiler

Welcome to Heroes of Newerth

Version 4.1X.X - XX Month 202X

== New Content ==

Community Dream Patch - Brainstorming Content
* Thanks to Frostburn Studio for keeping HoN alive. Hopefully, this content will be implemented in the future one way or another.

== Reworked Heroes ==

Artillery (Partially Reworked)

LRM
- Change rocket damage from 10 + 7/13/19/25% of Artillery's Attack Damage as Physical Damage to a static 14/21/21/28 Physical Damage.
- Change damage multiplier while channeling from 1.25% to 1.25/1.25/2.5/2.5%.

Homing Missile
- Change ability slot from ultimate ability to 2nd basic ability (W button at default)
* Cooldown: 20/18/16/14 seconds
* Cast Range: 1100
* Radius: 300 radius
* Mana Cost: 75
* Can be cast while channeling
- Sends a homing missile to each visible enemy unit in target position after 1.5 seconds delay, dealing 100/140/180/220 Magic Damage and applying 45% Movement Speed Slow for 1/1.5/2/2.5 second to enemy unit it targets.
- Duration of Movement Speed Slow is increased by 0.1 second per 100 distance the missile has traveled.
- The missile deals 20 Magic Damage to enemy units around upon impact, starting at 100 radius and ending at 600 radius based on distance traveled with 1100 distance needed to reach capped radius.
* The missile leaves up to 700 range for 3 seconds upon impact depending on the impact radius.
- The marker is set during homing missile delay and it is visible to both ally and enemy, providing 150 range of clear vision to Artillery and his allies and revealing target.
- The missile leaves 150 range of clear vision trail for 1.5 seconds.
- The missile has 1100 speed and is disjoint-able with similar behavior as Hammerstorm's 1st ability.

Mortar Strike
- Change the ability from an active ability on 2nd ability slot to a passive ability on 3rd ability slot.
- Any non-DoT damage from Artillery applies a charge of Mortar Strike on enemy unit for 8 seconds.
- The next non-DoT damage from Artillery consumes all charges if the enemy unit has 4 charges applied on them, sending a Mortar with 1.5 second travel time to them.
* Target is revealed and provides 150 range of clear vision to Artillery and his allies during Mortar's travel time.
- The Mortar deals 40/60/80/100% Artillery's Attack Damage as Physical Damage and applies Attack Modifier on impact.
- The Mortar leaves a 150 range of clear vision to its destination upon hit the target for 2.5 seconds.

Artillery Barrage (New Ultimate)
* Cooldown: 160/140/120 seconds
* Mana Cost: 125/150/175
* Cast Range: 1100
* Radius: 350
* Can be cast while channeling
- Targets an area to provide 400 range of clear vision for 3.5 seconds and fire 3 Artillery Barrages to random visible enemy units at the start of the cast and every second for 2 seconds, dealing 100/135/170 Magic Damage.
- Barrage can hit the same target at one time but they prioritize to hit enemy unit untargeted by another barrage yet in radius.
- Staff of the Master: The barrage frequency is reduced to 0.6 second, and the duration of barrage is increased to 3 seconds.

+ This change is made as farthest cast abilities at average have a standard of 1100 cast range.
+ This change also helps Artillery being flexible to choose items.

Nomad (Partially Reworked)

Sandstorm

- No longer grants stealth effect to both Nomad and allies around him.
- Replaces movement speed reduction on enemy to attack speed reduction by 15/30/45/60.
- Also grants 20/25/30/35% Evasion to Nomad and his allies besides bonus movement speed.
- Illusions inherit the effect whether they are spawned before or after ability cast (similar to War Beast's ultimate affecting illusion).
- Undetected while going stealth represses the effect and visual animation on enemy.
- Cooldown reduced to 16/14/12/10 seconds.

Edge Strike

- Replaces Mirage Strike/True Strike as an ability on 2nd slot.
* Cooldown: 20/18/16/14 seconds
* Mana Cost: 85/95/105/115
* Cast Range: 1000
- Creates ring around Nomad by 250 width upon targeting a target location, dealing 100/165/230/295 Magic Damage and applying 20% Movement Speed Reduction and 20/25/30/35% Miss Chance for 3/4/5/6 seconds to enemy hit by the ring.

Wanderer's Combat

- Replaces Wanderer as an ability on 3rd slot.
- Grants 2 charges for each Nomad's auto-attack against an enemy, up to 4/6/8/10 charges can be accumulated.
- Taking auto-attack damage above 0 from enemy hero, boss, or tower reduces 2 charges, otherwise a charge is reduced.
- Requires 4/3/2/1 charge(s) at minimum to increase Nomad's base damage by 25/50/75/100%.
- Illusions inherit the ability but they start at 0 charges.

Mirage Counter

- Replaces Edge Counter as an ability on 4th slot.
* Cooldown: 10 seconds
* Mana Cost: 80
* Number of Charges: 3
* Charge Replenish Time: 60 seconds
- Passively grants 40/60/80 attack speed to Nomad and his illusion.
- Activate to spend a charge and enter a counter state for 2.5 seconds, nullifying damage taken, removing debuff & stun, and teleporting Nomad himself or his illusion toward the first enemy hero within 2000 radius to him that damages or uses an ability or item on him during this state.
- True Counter [R] is used to teleport Nomad upon trigger and Mirage Counter [E] is used to teleport his illusion instead, cooldown is shared between them.
- Grants 0 second fade time stealth with 20/30/40% bonus Movement Speed for 3 seconds to Nomad when Mirage Counter is triggered.
- The illusion lasts for 3 seconds, dealing 45/55/65% damage and taking 250/200/150% damage.
- Staff of the Master: spawns one additional illusion for 3 seconds to enemy hero triggering either True Counter or Mirage Counter, same properties as this default ability's illusion.

+ This change potentially solves technical problem of noticeable difference between Nomad or his illusion from enemy perspective upon using Mirage (True) Strike, causing the ability loses half of its purpose to trick enemy.

== New Items ==

= Basic Items =

New Item (Weapons): Flayer

- Cost: 430 Gold
- Gives 0 gold upon selling this item.
- Builds Into: Abyssal Skull, Hack, Slash, and Sol's Bulwark
- Shares cooldown among itself and its line of items whenever they are on one hero's inventory.
- Active effect:
* Facing Position - Enemy Units
* Type - Physical
* Cooldown: 30 seconds
* Cost: 125 Mana
* Radius 275
- Activate to deal Physical Damage equals to Bearer's Attack Damage and apply Flayed effect for 3 seconds to enemy units in radius of Bearer's facing position.
- Flayed effect applies -10% Base Damage.
- Hitting an enemy unit by this active grants a charge to this item, increasing duration of Flayed effect by 1 second but increasing active mana cost by 25 (maximum 5 charges).
- Charges are still kept upon getting upgraded. The effect of this item gets overridden by its line of item.

+ This item has cheap price but it requires a lot of mana to each cast, as cheap items tend to have drawback.
+ This item is designed to fill an area effect capability to single-target users with plenty of mana.

New Item (Weapons): Halberd

- Cost: 850 Gold
- Builds Into: Brutalizer, Fenrir's Fang, Riftshards, Shieldbreaker
- Contains Chance-Based Attack Modifier.
- Passive effect: Deals Physical Damage equal to 2.5% of target max health by 20% chance on attack.

+ This item is designed to be a starting item of chance-based attack modifiers as it used to be.
+ See chance-based attack modifier section to know more detail.

New Item (Supplies): Merrick's Bounty

- Cost: 70 Gold
- Has an initial stock of 1 with a maximum of 3 stocks, and takes 4 minutes to replenish a stock.
- Non-stackable, non-shareable consumable item. Cannot be placed in a Consumable item slot.
- Passive effects:
* Gains 2x current amount of gold gained from Merrick's Rune and applies a single Bottle use effect whenever there is an enemy hero dies within 1000 radius to bearer, consuming this item in process.
* Has 3 minutes expiration time upon purchased, automatically consumed the item but gain nothing upon expiration.
* Cooldown: 10 seconds.

+ This item offers few benefits upon killing an enemy hero, encouraging purchaser to plan on focusing at hunting enemy hero.
+ This item has limited stock and expiration time so players have to decide for right time when purchasing it.

= Recipe Items =

New Item (Morph Attack): Charged Hammer

- Components: Runed Cleaver (3000g)+ Voltstone (700g) + Sustainer (1700g) + Recipe (300g) = 5700 gold
- Stats: 32 Damage + 6 Health Regeneration + 150% Mana Regeneration + 6 Armor
- Passive effects: 
* 35% Cleave Damage in 275 Radius (Melee Only).
* +30 Damage (Melee) or +16 Damage (Ranged) vs Enemy Non-Hero Units (Logger's Hatchet Modifier).
* Deals 85 Magic Damage to your attack target and enemies in 275 radius to target when 0 charge remains, then reset the charges to 2. Removes a charge on each attack or after 5 seconds of not attacking. The lightning effect propagates to illusions with 33% damage (Lightning Modifier).
- Active effects:
* Cast Range: 750 (instant projectile)
* Cooldown: 15 seconds (5 seconds whenever targeting a tree, ward, or gadget)
- Destroys target tree or deals your Attack Damage as Superior Magic Damage to an enemy unit (including hero and boss), gadget or ward.
- Grants a tapering 800 clearvision centered around where the target was hit over 2.5 seconds.
- Reveals opponent's stealth unit and wards centered around where the target was hit by 600 radius, tapering off over 2.5 seconds.

+ This item offers mix area damage on auto-attack suitable to range-shifting bearer.
+ This item also provides advantage against opponent's juke by providing vision.
+ Runed Cleaver is slightly adjusted on this note so no wonder some presented numbers feel off.

New Item (Morph Attack): Fenrir's Fang

- Components: Halberd (850g) + Toxin Claws (270g) + Recipe (530g) = 1650 gold
- Passive effects: 
* Big Game: Deals Physical Damage equal to 2.5% of target's max health by 20% chance on attack. (Chance-Based Attack Modifier).
Clotted: On attack, applies 1% Bearer's Max Mana as Health removal per second (after calculating magic armor) and 12% (4% to Ranged) Movement Speed Slow for 3 seconds. (Toxin Claws Modifier).
- Active effects: Additively increases Big Game's chance by 80% for 4 attacks or 12 seconds.
* Cooldown: 65 seconds.

+ This item offers a scaling bonus auto-attack damage based on both bearers and their opponent.
+ This item is designed to bearer with high max mana because usually they don't have good auto-attack damage per second and they tend to have long cooldown on their abilities.

New Item (Protective): Fortuna's Dice

- Components: Snake Bracelet (1100g) + Mystic Vestments (500g) + Recipe (350g) = 1950 gold
- Passive effects:
* 25% Evasion (Evasion Modifier)
* 5 Magic Armor (Magic Armor Modifier)
- Active effects:
* Target Unit - All Heroes
* Type - Superior Magic
* Cooldown: 8 seconds
- Removes the passive effects of this item to self for 8 seconds after activation, returning the effects back from self if the target dies early. 
- Either applies this effect depending on target:
* 25% Evasion and +5 Magic Armor to allied target for 8 seconds. Contains Magic Armor Modifier and Evasion Modifier.
* 25% Miss Chance and -5 Magic Armor to enemy target for 8 seconds.

+ This item offers a cheap offensive tool to magic spellcaster against auto-attacker without True Strike.
+ This item offers a cheap defensive tool to help ally against magic spellcaster.
+ This item is designed as an analog to Lex Talionis and an additional use to Evasion/Miss Chance mechanic.

New Item (Morph Attack): Hack

- Components: Flayer (430g) + Toxin Claws (270g) + Mighty Blade (1000g) + Recipe (950g) = 2650 gold
- Stats: 10 Strength
- Passive effects: 
* Hack: On attack, applies 8% Bearer's Base Damage as Health removal per second (after calculating magic armor) and 12% (4% to Ranged) Movement Speed Slow for 3 seconds. (Toxin Claws Modifier)
- Active effects:
* Type - Physical
* Radius 275
- Activate to deal Physical Damage equals to Bearer's Attack Damage and apply Deep Hacked effect for 3 seconds to enemy units in radius of Bearer's facing position.
- Deep Hacked effect applies -15% Base Damage, 8% Bearer's Base Damage as Health removal per second (after calculating magic armor) and 12% Movement Speed Slow. Doesn't stack with any Toxin Claws Modifier.
- Hitting an enemy unit by this active grants a charge to this item, increasing duration of Deep Hacked by 1 second (maximum 5 charges).
- The first effect applied from Flayer's line of items overrides another similar effect.

+ This item offers area movement speed reduction effect to slow down enemy's advance and a scaling DPS to quickly clean the lane.
+ As trivia, this item used to exist in retail game and it gets replaced by nowadays Icebrand.

New Item (Combative): Midnight Morningstar

- Components: Brutalizer (3400g) + Shaman's Headdress (2050g) + Recipe (150g) = 5600 gold
- Stats: 45 Damage + 10 Health Regeneration 
- Passive effects: 
* 10 Magic Armor (Magic Armor Modifier) and 20% Stuns & Debuffs Duration Reduction
* Bash: Deals bonus damage by 2.5% of target's max health and stuns for 1.4 seconds by 20% chance on attack. (Chance-Based Attack Modifier)  
- Active effects:
* Target Enemy Unit - Superior Magic
* Cast Range: 600
* Cooldown: 20 seconds
- Leaps user to a target enemy at 1200 speed (disjoint and disjoint-able), dealing 120 Superior Magic Damage and applying 2 seconds Stun to self and target enemy upon reaching destination.
- Can deny self from damage.

+ This item used to be an equivalent of PBT item to Spiked Bola from HoN retail game.
+ Brutalizer is slightly adjusted on this note so no wonder some presented numbers feel off.

New Item (Combative): Slash

- Components: Flayer (430g) + Snake Bracelet (1100g) + Quickblade (1000g) + Recipe (120g) = 2650 gold
- Stats: 10 Agility
- Passive effects: 25% Evasion (Evasion Modifier)
- Active effects:
* Type - Physical
* Radius 275
- Activate to deal Physical Damage equals to Bearer's Attack Damage and apply Slashed effect for 3 seconds to enemy units in radius of Bearer's facing position.
- Slashed effect applies -15% Base Damage and 10% Miss Chance.
- Hitting an enemy unit by this active grants a charge to this item, increasing duration of Slashed by 1 second (maximum 5 charges).
- The first effect applied from Flayer's line of items overrides another similar effect.

+ This item offers an unreliable protection by giving opponent Miss Chance effect and Base Damage reduction effect.
+ As trivia, this item used to exist in retail game and it gets replaced by nowadays Firebrand.

= New Brand Items =

New Item (Morph Attack): Shadowbrand

- Components: Broadsword (1200g) + Punchdagger (500g) + Recipe (500g) = 2200 gold
- Builds Into: Iceshade, Shadefire, Dimlight, Corrupted Sword 
- Stats: 27 Damage + 75 Sight Range
- Passive effects: 
* Non-Returned, non-DoT Damage applies a stacking Spotted Modifier, dealing 9 Magic Damage per second per stack for 3 seconds by a maximum of 3 stacks.
* Enemy unit affected by Spotted effect is sighted within 350 radius to ally Shadowbrand's (and its line of items) bearer.

+ This item is a spiritual successor of Lightbrand by inheriting Searing Modifier with additional utility to provide Sight effect.
+ This item exists to toned down recent Lightbrand's utilities over any other brands.
+ This item is designed to have same concept as other Brands, assisting in hunting down opponent.

New Item (Morph Attack): Iceshade

- Components: Icebrand (2200g) + Shadowbrand (2200g) = 4400 gold
- Builds Into: Duskbringer, Evebringer
- Stats: 27 Damage + 16 Strength + 7.5 Health Regeneration + 150 Sight Range
- Passive effects: 
* Non-Returned, non-DoT Damage applies a stacking Spotted Modifier, dealing 13 Magic Damage per second per stack for 3 seconds by a maximum of 3 stacks. Enemy unit affected by Spotted effect is sighted within 350 radius to ally Shadowbrand's (and its line of items) bearer.
* Applies 30% (15% to Ranged) Movement Speed Slow for 3 seconds on attack. (Icebrand Modifier)

New Item (Morph Attack): Shadefire

- Components: Firebrand (2200g) + Shadowbrand (2200g) = 4400 gold
- Builds Into: Evebringer, Noonbringer
- Stats: 27 Damage + 16 Agility + 19 Attack Speed + 150 Sight Range
- Passive effects: 
* Non-Returned, non-DoT Damage applies a stacking Spotted Modifier, dealing 13 Magic Damage per second per stack for 3 seconds by a maximum of 3 stacks. Enemy unit affected by Spotted effect is sighted within 350 radius to ally Shadowbrand's (and its line of items) bearer.
* 10% bonus Movement Speed.

New Item (Morph Attack): Dimlight

- Components: Icebrand (2200g) + Shadowbrand (2200g) = 4400 gold
- Builds Into: Duskbringer, Noonbringer
- Stats: 27 Damage + 16 Intelligence + 2.5 Mana Regeneration + 150 Sight Range
- Passive effects: 
* Non-Returned, non-DoT Damage applies a stacking Spotted Modifier, dealing 13 Magic Damage per second per stack for 3 seconds by a maximum of 3 stacks. Enemy unit affected by Spotted effect is sighted within 350 radius to ally Shadowbrand's (and its line of items) bearer.
* Gains 35% post-mitigate damage absorption by 30% of Max Mana. Returns damage absorption back to its value after a 8 seconds countdown whenever there is no visible enemy hero in 1000 radius.

New Item (Morph Attack): Duskbringer

- Components:
* Dimlight (4400g) + Icebrand (2200g) = 6600 gold
* Iceshade (4400g) + Lightbrand (2200g) = 6600 gold
* Frozen Light (4400g) + Shadowbrand (2200g) = 6600 gold
- Stats: 30 Damage + 18 Strength + 18 Intelligence + 3.5 Mana Regeneration + 10 Health Regeneration + 225 Sight Range
- Passive effects: 
* Gains 35% post-mitigate damage absorption by 30% of Max Mana. Renews damage absorption back to its value after a 8 seconds countdown whenever there is no visible enemy hero in 1000 radius.
* Applies 30% (15% to Ranged) Movement Speed Slow for 3 seconds on attack. (Icebrand Modifier)

New Item (Morph Attack): Noonbringer

- Components:
* Shadefire (4400g) + Lightbrand (2200g) = 6600 gold
* Dimlight (4400g) + Firebrand (2200g) = 6600 gold
* Searing Light (4400g) + Shadowbrand (2200g) = 6600 gold
- Stats: 30 Damage + 18 Agility + 18 Intelligence + 25 Attack Speed + 3.5 Mana Regeneration + 225 Sight Range
- Passive effects:
* Gains 35% post-mitigate damage absorption by 30% of Max Mana. Renews damage absorption back to its value after a 8 seconds countdown whenever there is no visible enemy hero in 1000 radius.

New Item (Morph Attack): Evebringer

- Components:
* Shadefire (4400g) + Icebrand (2200g) = 6600 gold
* Iceshade (4400g) + Firebrand (2200g) = 6600 gold
* Frostburn (4400g) + Shadowbrand (2200g) = 6600 gold
- Stats: 30 Damage + 18 Strength + 18 Agility + 10 Health Regeneration + 25 Attack Speed + 225 Sight Range
- Passive effects: 

== Bashing Properties & Chance-Based Attack Modifier Rework ==

= Bashing Properties =

These are the changes for Bashing Properties:
- Stunned target by any bashing properties receive un-refreshed, un-purgeable Bash Immunity for 8 seconds.
- Illusion doesn't apply Bash Immunity on procced bashing properties because they basically have no stun effect on theirs.
- Bash Immunity causes stun effect from any Bashing Properties only lasts for 0.1 second.
- All Bashing Properties no longer have cooldown after applying stun effect.
- These are the list of Bashing Properties existing within the game:
* Brutalizer (item).
* Chronos' Curse of Ages (hero).
* Midnight Morningstar (item). See the new recipe item section for more info.
* Pestilence's Gore (hero).

+ Bash is arguably the problematic stun than most stuns because its limitation lies on luck.
+ This change lifts luck limitation of so long mechanic by getting on-cooldown on proc.
+ Nerf the rare case of bashing properties from 2 different units on potentially chain-stun a target.

= Chance-Based Attack Modifier =

These are the things about Chance-based Attack Modifier:
- Any chance-based attack modifiers grant True Strike effect on procced attack.
- Chance-based attack modifier overrides each another so only one modifier procs on target at same time from the same source. 
- Chance-based attack modifier prioritizes hero's ability first then most expensive item, and the effect from aura takes last priority.
- The list of Chance-based Attack Modifier:
* Arachna's Precision (hero). See the hero section for new change.
* Blacksmith's Staff boosted Chaotic Flames (hero).
* Brutalizer (item).
* Chronos' Curse of Ages (hero).
* Fenrir's Fang (item). See the new recipe item section for more info.
* Flint Beastwood's Hollowpoint Shell (hero). See the hero section for new change.
* Forsaken Archer's Call of the Damned (hero). See the hero section for new change. 
* Halberd (item). See the new basic item section for more info.
* Hellhound's Critical Bite (non-hero unit).
* Kane's Offensive Force (hero).
* Midnight Morningstar (item). See the new recipe item section for more info.
* Pestilence's Gore (hero).
* Pyromancer's Fervor (hero). See the hero section for new change.
* Riftshards (item).
* Savage Mace (item).
* Shieldbreaker (item). See the item section for new change.
* Swiftblade's Way of the Sword (hero).
* Tarot's Luck of the Draw (hero).
* War Beast's Metamorphosis (hero).
* Wolf Commander's Critical Strike (non-hero unit).

+ All chance-based attack modifiers deserve to grant True Strike on their procced attack because evasion and miss chance affect any attacks taken while chance-based attack modifier only affects the dealer.
+ The development of evasion and miss chance on abilities recently is growing so it is better to have alternative to soft counter them.
+ There are some items introduced in this note utilizing evasion/miss chance, such as Slash, Fortuna's Dice, Faux Bow, and Mock of Brilliance, to add diversity of evasion/miss chance in the game.

== Design ==

= Staff of the Master & Master's Legacy Changes =

Blacksmith

Chaotic Flames
- Staff of the Master effect change (to existing one):
* This boost contains chance-based attack modifier. See chance-based attack modifier section for more info.
* Risky Cast as active ability is replaced with new active, Blacksmith's Roll:
- Target a direction to make Blacksmith rolling at fixed 700 units with 1400 speed, granting him 15% damage reduction for 4.5 seconds upon reaching destination.
- The roll is affected by multicast, increasing damage reduction. Though, boosted auto-attack doesn't trigger this ability.
- The roll ends early whenever Blacksmith is Stunned or Immobilized.
- The roll can pass through any obstacles, destroying trees in 75 radius across his path.
* Cast Range: 700
* Cooldown: 20 seconds
* Mana Cost: 50

+ Recent boost is only on par with Restoration Stone and causes frustration to be played against once both items are owned by Blacksmith.
+ This change makes good synergy of new active on Staff boost with a passive from Staff boost.

Drunken Master

Drink
- Staff of the Master effect change (new):
* Replenishes mana to full on activation.

+ This boost potentially shifts Drunken Master playstyle from physical spellcaster into magic-type spellcaster.

Pestilence

Swarm
* No longer deal direct damage.

+ This change is a result of the change of non-boosted ability.

Pyromancer

Blazing Strike
* No longer add flat damage.
* Change targeting scheme into Superior Magic.
* Besides dealing flat magic damage, also throws 3 auto-attacks with 0.2 second interval (also deals area damage from those auto-attacks).

+ This change intends to encourage Pyromancer to be an auto-attacker.
+ Recent Staff boost doesn't discover enough design potential.

Swiftblade

Swift Slashes
* Change duration from based on additional slashes to a static 3.5 seconds.

+ This change is a result of the change of non-boosted ability.

Tarot

Luck of the Draw
- Staff of the Master effect change (new):
* Heals Tarot by 65% of damage dealt by this ability.

+ This boost provides sustaining tool, in line with glass canon build.

War Beast

Metamorphosis
* This ability contains chance-based attack modifier. See chance-based attack modifier section for more info.
* Damage overtime from this ability also applies Restrain effect for duration. See Heroes section for more info.

+ The changes on chance-based attack modifier affects this change.
+ Recent boost doesn't give enough appeal over other items.

= Heroes =

Arachna

Webbed Shot
- No longer applies damage overtime, only slow.
- Deals up to 80% of Arachna's Base Damage as Physical Damage based on how much target's missing Health per launched Webbed Shot to target.
- Minimum of 10% bonus Base Damage dealt, maximum damage is achieved at 20/30/40/50% of the target's remaining Health.

Precision (Reworked)

Old:

- Passively increases Arachna's Attack Damage by up to 20/40/60/80% when damaging a non-building target based on how much Health they are missing.
- Minimum of 5% bonus Attack Damage dealt, maximum damage achieved at 20% of the target's remaining Health.
- Deals 50% of the bonus damage against non-hero units.

New:

- Aura - Enemy Units
- Cooldown: 0.5 second
* Applies a Precision Aura to enemy units within 650 radius, granting their attackers 20% chance to deal 20/40/60/80% attacker's Base Damage as bonus attack against them.
* This ability contains chance-based attack modifier. See chance-based attack modifier section for more info.
- This ability has lowest priority among other chance-based modifiers, second to Kane's Offensive Force.
* If the enemy unit affected by the aura has movement speed is 280 or below, additively increasing the chance of bonus base damage by 30%.
* Toggle to change the effect to either enemy heroes only or all enemy units.

+ Webbed Shot change is designed to give dilemma on Arachna's player to decide whether auto-casting the ability to deal more damage or maximize the efficiency of slow effect.
+ Old Precision ability is reworked because it is rather challenging to Arachna's opponent at contesting her on last-hitting.
+ New Precision ability brings back the legacy design of this ability.

Blacksmith

Flaming Hammer
- Flaming Hammer radius is increased from 100 to 250.
- Flaming Hammer magic damage per second is changed from 20/25/30/35 to 20.
- The movement speed slow is changed from a static 15/20/25/30% to a tapering 20%.
- Flaming Hammer magic armor reduction is replaced with Base Damage Reduction by -10/-15/-20/-25%.
- The primary target of Flaming Hammer grants 1 charge of Flaming Hammer, taking 0/40/80/120 Magic Damage upon receiving Blacksmith's non-DoT damage thus consuming a charge in process (DoT still remains upon consumption).
- Flaming Hammer's effects stack and Flaming Hammer's charge only get consumed by one per instance of damage whenever there are multiple charges on a target, they don't get triggered upon themselves.
* Multicast from Fireball can consume the stacking charges of Flaming Hammer.
- Refer here to know rough calculation of this change: 

Chaotic Flames
- Chaotic Flames no longer adds Flaming Hammer radius passively each level of it.
- Chaotic Flames' multicast affects Flaming Hammer by throwing additional 1/2/3 Flaming Hammer(s) per 2/3/4x multicasts to different visible enemy units around Blacksmith within his cast range or to the primary target if there is less available target around to receive the Hammer.
- Chaotic Flames reduces Flaming Hammer cooldown by 1/2/3 seconds and increases Mana Cost by 10/25/40.

+ This change brings up more RNG element to Blacksmith's another ability with no multicast effect recently, Flaming Hammer.
+ This change pretty much replaces Risky Cast with an access early on.

Chronos

Rewind
- Reduces the health healed on trigger from 80% to 65%.
- New active: dispels negative effects and sets Chronos' current health back before activation after 2 seconds of activation. Can't be dispelled.
* Cooldown: 40/35/30/25 seconds
* Mana Cost: 50

Curse of Ages
- This ability contains chance-based attack modifier. See chance-based attack modifier section for more info.
- This ability contains new Bashing Properties. See Bashing Properties section for more info.
- Deals 1/1.3/1.6/1.9x Damage whenever hitting a stunned target.
- No longer grants bonus bash effect whenever hitting an opponent inside Chronofield.

+ The changes on chance-based attack modifier and bashing properties affect this change.
+ Rewind change supposes to make this ability less reliant on RNG, similar to Swiftblade's Counter Attack.

Drunken Master

3 Points Strike
- Change to be a basic ability, replacing Drink.
* Cooldown: 25 seconds
* Mana Cost: 30
- Activate to apply 3 point strike effect for 12 seconds to all enemy heroes and their illusions globally.
- Point strikes is visible to all players, enemy and ally.
- Hitting a point strike gives Drunken Master 12% bonus Movement Speed and unit-walking for 3.5 seconds.
- Activating all point strike knocks up the target for 1.5 seconds and deals 1.75/2/2.25/2.5x Drunken Master's auto-attack damage, removing 3 points strike effect in process.
- Illusion instantly disappears upon getting knocked up by 3 points strike.

Drink
- Changed to be an ultimate ability, replacing 3 Points Strike.
* Cooldown: 85/75/65
* Mana Cost: 90
- Activate to instantly adds 45 Drunk Charges on activation, granting 2% Armor Penetration to Drunken Master per charge.
- Grants 10/15/20 Drunk Charges whenever there is an enemy hero dies within 650 radius to Drunken Master.
- Can only accumulate up to 45 Drunk Charges and 1 charge is expired per 1.5 seconds to heal Drunken Master by 10 Health.
- Activate one of basic ability consumes 5 charges, reducing their cooldown by 7 seconds and replenishing 30 Mana.

+ This change creates opportunity to Drunken Master's opponent to anticipate where Drunken Master will strike.
+ This change pretty much brings back legacy ability by reimagining projectiles 'evasion' via the usage of Stagger.

Flint Beastwood

Hollowpoint Shell
- This ability contains chance-based attack modifier. See chance-based attack modifier section for more info.
- Change mini-stun effect with push effect by 150 units for 0.35 second if target is 400 units or closer to Flint.
* Pushed target gets -100 attack speed and gets immobilized effect.
- Change application effect and damage type into Magic.

Dead Eye
- No longer provides Accuracy Aura.
- Passively grants 3/6/9/12 charges per attack, up to 15/30/45/60 charges.
- Grants 1 bonus attack speed per charge and whenever moving 10 distance removes 3 charges.

+ The changes on chance-based attack modifier and bashing properties affect this change.
+ This change gives opportunity to Flint Beastwood as magic auto-attacker.

Forsaken Archer

Crippling Volley
- Applies 0.75 second bonus immobilized duration to non-hero units.

Call of the Damned
- Change skeleton archer's damage from 20/30/40/50% of Forsaken Archer's damage as Magic to 40/50/60/70 Magic Damage. Deals 1.5x damage against non-hero unit.
- Skeleton archer shoots 1 arrow to other visible enemy unit within 700 radius to it besides primary target.
* Toggle to change the behavior of skeleton archer to attack multiple enemies or not.
- No longer has timed proc effect.

+ This change is intended to make her viable as forester early game. 

Kane

Offensive Force
- This ability has lowest priority among other chance-based modifiers, first to Arachna's Precision.

Pestilence

Gore
- This ability contains new Bashing Properties. See Bashing Properties section for more info.
- Applies an individually-timed stacking -10/-15/-20/-25 Attack Speed to target for 3.5 seconds per successful bash effect.

Swarm
- Deals 10/20/30 Physical Damage for first 5 seconds.

+ This change intends to make reapplication beneficial.

Pyromancer

Phoenix Wave
- Change wave destination from Pyromancer's cast position to target direction into from target direction to Pyromancer's cast position.
- Enemy hero hit by this ability has 12% of their Base Damage stolen by Pyromancer for 5 seconds.

Fervor
- Change Burning mechanic from a stacking damage overtime to a 20% chance to deal 20/30/40/50% non-dot damage dealt as Magic Damage over 3 seconds.

+ This change has purpose to differentiate "wave" abilities and encourages Pyromancer to take role as auto-attacker.

Swiftblade

Blade Frenzy
- No damage penalty against magic immune unit and structure.

Counter Attack
- The effect is considered as auto-attack damage.
* It gets affected by Evasion & Deflection of opponent and applies Swiftblade's Attack Modifier.

Way of the Sword
- Change chance-based attack modifier from 1.75x bonus damage to deal 30/60/90/120 True Damage.
- Rescales the chance from 15/20/25/30% to 20%.

Swift Slashes
- Change the duration from based on number of slashes to a static duration by 2.5 seconds.
- Change Swiftblade's Base Attack Time during Swift Slashes from 1.7 to 1.55/1.4/1.25.
- Applies bonus attack speed to Swiftblade by 1.5x of his attack speed during Swift Slashes.

+ Overall changes adjust Swiftblade's performance.

Tarot

Luck of the Card
- Increases the chance from 25% to 35%.
- Change critical strike numbers from 2/2.8/3.6x to min. 1.75x and max. 2.5x/min. 2.5x and max. 3.25x/min. 3.25x and max. 4x.

War Beast

Summon Hellhounds
- Critical Bite from Hellhound contains chance-based attack modifier. See chance-based attack modifier section for more info.
- Bonus damage against neutrals is replaced with application of -20 Attack Speed for 3 seconds, doubled the effect to non-hero unit.

Metamorphosis
- Metamorphosis' form contains chance-based attack modifier. See chance-based attack modifier section for more info.
- Metamorphosis' form chance-based attack modifier changed from a critical strike to apply a damage overtime for 1.5/2/2.5 seconds, dealing 150/200/250% Warbeast's Base Damage over duration.

= Items =

Adeve's Cloak (Reworked)

Old:

- Template

New:

- Components: Shaman's Headdress (2050g) + Helm of the Black Legion (2175g) + Recipe (775g) = 5000 gold
- Stats: 18 Health Regeneration + 275 Max Health
- Passive effects:
* 10 Magic Armor (Magic Armor Modifier)
* 20% Debuffs and Stuns Duration Reduction
* 80 Deflection (40 Deflection to ranged Bearer) by 50% chance.
- Active effects:
* Cooldown: 60 seconds
- Applies post-mitigate shield by 20% of Bearer's missing health and applies 30% Stuns & Debuffs Duration Reduction (stacks additively with passive) for 10 seconds (Activation Modifier).

+ This change basically is the same as general idea of the item with only exception is over the top price.

Behemoth's Heart

- Grants additional effect to reflect 10% of damage taken as Health Removal to enemy units within 650 radius to Bearer.
* The reflection effect doesn't affect unit with any immunity placed on them.
- New active: heals 45% of damage taken during active effect at the end of duration of it.
* Duration: 3 seconds

+ Axe of the Malphai currently doesn't have aura effect on its line of items as oppose to its counterpart, Acolyte's Staff.
+ Behemoth's Heart is partially countered by items cheaper than it so additional effects deem necessary.

Bloodborne Maul (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Axe of Malphai (3200g) + Bolstering Armband (450g) + Recipe (1350g) = 5000 gold
- Stats: 35 Strength
- Passive effects:
* When damaged, gains 1 charge for every 10 health lost, up to a max of 150 charges.
* Each charge grants 1 bonus Damage to your attacks against non-structure enemies.
* Loses 15 charges per second after 4 seconds of not taking any damage.
* Effects of this item do not stack and propagate to illusions for 33% of power.

New:

- Components: Axe of Malphai (3200g) + Blood Chalice (625g) + Fleetfeet (450g) + Recipe (725g) = 5000 gold
- Stats: 32 Strength + 7 Agility + 7 Intelligence + 75% Mana Regeneration
- Active effects:
* Cooldown: 25 seconds (share cooldown with Blood Chalice).
- On use, removes 10% of Max Health or a minimum 175 Health to be sacrificed and converts 60% of it into mana (rounded-up).
- 20% of Health sacrificed (rounded-up) is also converted into True Damage on auto-attack for 15 seconds.
* Minimum restores 105 Mana and Minimum grants 35 Bonus True Damage even if sacrificed health doesn't suffice (175 health or below).
* Requires more than 1750 current health to pass the minimum benefits given.
- If an enemy hero within 700 radius is killed before 15 seconds after usage, the user is healed back equals to Health sacrificed.
- Other mechanics are fairly similar to Blood Chalice (i.e. gain a charge on dying enemy hero, health left on usage if the adequate health doesn't suffice).

+ Recent Bloodborne Maul is pretty much hard to be balanced by numbers alone without making it too strong or too weak.
+ This change distinguishes each Axe of Malphai's line of items to focus on catering certain purchaser: Symbol of Rage to auto-attacker, Behemoth's Heart to beefer, and Bloodborne Maul to spellcaster.

Corrupted Sword (Reworked)

Old:

- Template.

New:

- Components: Shadowbrand (2200g) + Slayer (2200g) + Recipe (800g) = 5200 gold
- Stats: 70 Damage + 150 Sight Range
- Passive effects: 
* Non-Returned, non-DoT Damage applies a stacking Spotted modifier, dealing 18 Magic Damage per second per stack for 3 seconds by a maximum of 3 stacks.
* Enemy unit affected by Spotted effect is sighted within 350 radius to ally Shadowbrand's (and its line of items) bearer.
- Active effects:
- Activate to apply Corrupted effect to self for 12 seconds.
- Corrupted effect launches line damage from Bearer's position to direction of attacked target, dealing Physical Damage by 35% of Bearer's Attack Damage to enemy units in 650 line of Bearer's position to target direction per attack. The line has 100 radius and 900 travel speed.

+ Corrupted Sword seems unfair type of consumable item advantageous to auto-attacker for most part.
+ This change gives fair treatment to any type of heroes by removing consumption for stacking permanent effect.

Daemonic Breastplate (Reworked)

Old:

- Template.

New:

- Components: Warpcleft (1800g) + Platemail (1400g) + Helm of the Victim (900g) + Recipe (900g) = 5000 gold
- Stats: 18 Armor + 45 Attack Speed + 4 Health Regeneration
- Aura (switch between two):
* Red: -8.5 Armor (Enemy Units & Structures) & -25% Base Damage (Enemy Units)
* Blue: -3.5 Armor (Enemy Units & Structures) & -75% Base Damage (Enemy Units)
* Cooldown: 3 seconds
* Radius: 650

+ This item change happens because of Sol's Bulwark change and there are already too many armor items to multiple ally units.
+ This change focuses to counter Agility heroes more as because they mostly rely on both auto-attack and armor.

Faux Bow (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Fleetfeet (450) + Alacrity Band (1200g) + Soulscream Ring (440g) + Recipe (910g) = 3000 gold
- Stats: 30 Attack Speed + 8 Strength + 14 Agility + 8 Intelligence
- Active effects:
* Target Unit - Enemy Heroes
* Type - Physical
* Range: 650
* Cooldown: 20 seconds
- Target an enemy hero within cast range to gain 70 bonus Attack Speed, infinite attack range and a 50% chance to gain True Strike against the target for up to 6 seconds or 4 attacks.

New:

- Components: Snake Bracelet (1100g)+ Alacrity Band (1200g) + Duck Boots (150g) + Recipe (550g) = 3000 gold
- Stats: 30 Attack Speed + 4 Agility
- Passive effects: 25% Evasion (Evasion Modifier).
- Active effects:
* Target Position - Enemy Hero
* Type - Physical
* Cast Range: 2000
* Cooldown: 20 seconds
* Mana Cost: 20
* Channeling Time: 1.5 seconds
- Applies 100% Evasion to Bearer during channeling time and throws a projectile to target direction on first cast and every 0.3 second of channeling time, dealing Attack Damage to first enemy hero the projectile collides and stops its travel in process.
- The projectiles do not travel in a perfectly straight line, and arc slightly left or right and end in approximately at the center line of fire at its maximum range.
- The projectile has 1200 speed, 75 touch radius, and leaves 150 clearvision for 1.5 seconds.

+ The active of this item at first release into retail game is clunky to use and its exclusivity on Ranged doesn't give much appeal.
+ There is no item with skillshot ability yet (Arcane Bomb is one of skillshot item on its active to some extent).

Hellflower

- An Arcana as component is replaced by Alacrity Band.
* Total price reduced from 4725 gold to 4350 gold.
* Overall stats changed from 20 Intelligence, 40 Damage, 35 Attack Speed, 200% Mana Regeneration to 15 Intelligence, 30 Damage, 55 Attack Speed, 150% Mana Regeneration.

+ This change intends to make this item having components required by other items whenever it gets disassembled.

Iron Shield

- Change deflection value from 20/10 to 35/15 against hero attack.
* Still has same value against non-hero attack.
- Change deflection chance from 70% to 50% against hero attack.

+ This change intends to make this item having same consistency as deflection items of higher price.

Lex Talionis (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Ringmail (450g) + Ring of the Teacher(550g) + Recipe (200g) = 1200 gold
- Stats: 5 Damage + 5 Armor
- Aura: 2 Armor + 1 Mana Regeneration
- Active effects:
* Type - Physical
* Mana Cost: 5
- Removes 5 armor to self for 8 seconds after activation, returning the effects back from self if the target dies early. 
- Either applies this effect depending on target:
* +5 Armor to allied target for 8 seconds. 
* -5 Armor to enemy target for 8 seconds.

New:

- Components: Ringmail (450g) + Guardian Ring (175g) + Recipe (575g) = 1200/1775/2350 gold
- Stats: 6/7/8 Armor
- Active effects:
* Type - Physical
- Removes 6/7/8 Armor on self for 8 seconds after activation, returning the effects back from self if the target dies early. 
- Either applies this effect depending on target (available to target structure at max upgrade):
* 6/7/8 Armor to allied target for 8 seconds.
* -6/-7/-8 Armor to enemy target for 8 seconds.

+ This change is intended to replace Shieldbreaker as structure's demolisher but it has additional usage to reinforce structure.
+ This change is also part of standardizing advanced friendly aura items so this item is no longer part of them.

Mock of Brilliance (Reworked)

- Recipe cost reduced from 1350 gold to 500 gold
- Snake Bracelet is added as component.
* Total price changed from 4750 gold to 5000 gold.
- Passively grants 25% Evasion (Evasion Modifier).
- The area damage overtime also applies 10% Miss Chance.

+ This change is intended to make the item's name even fits better by additional effects.

Nihil Crystal (Reworked)

Old:

- Template

New:

- Has 1 initial stock at shop and requires 2 minutes to replenish a stock by a maximum 2 stocks.
- While off cooldown, taking damage from player-controlled enemy sources starts a 1.5 second timer on the item and starts accumulating damage. The timer is refreshed each time you take damage from player-controlled enemy sources.
* Cooldown: 5 seconds (case of multiple Nihil Crystals on one user).
Whenever the accumulated post-mitigation damage exceeds 20% of Bearer's Max Health or 300 (whichever is higher) while the timer is active, the item is consumed and Nihilism is applied for 3 seconds.
Nihilism absorbs 65% post-mitigate damage taken and deal the absorbed damage as non-lethal Health Removal once the duration ends or absorbed damage exceeding 10% of Bearer's Max Health (capped at 150), causing the duration ends early.
* Passively grants 0.35 Mana Regeneration.

+ This change makes this item a reactive analog to Golden Apple.

Restoration Stone

- Applies 20% Cooldown Reduction effect whenever the item is on cooldown.
- Add Perpetual Cogwheel as component and reduces recipe cost from 1875 gold to 550 gold.
* Total price remains unchanged.

+ Restoration Stone at glance has its design revolving around cooldown manipulation so it is fair to add cooldown reduction on it.
+ This change is intended to solidify Restoration Stone as cooldown manipulator without making it too much good.

Runed Cleaver (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Warhammer (1600g)+ Sustainer (1700g) + Logger's Hatchet (150g) + Recipe (550g) = 4000 gold
- Stats: 40 Damage + 6 Health Regeneration + 150% Mana Regeneration
- Passive effects: 
* 60% Cleave Damage in 275 Radius (Melee Only).
* +30 Damage (Melee) or +15 Damage (Ranged) vs Enemy Non-Hero Units (Logger's Hatchet Modifier).
- Active effects:
* Cast Range: 600
- Destroys target tree or deals your Attack Damage as Physical Damage to an enemy creep, gadget or ward.

New:

- Components: Warhammer (1600g)+ Helm of the Victim (450g) + Logger's Hatchet (150g) + Recipe (800g) = 3000 gold
- Stats: 28 Damage + 5 Armor
- Passive effects:
* 35% Cleave Damage in 275 Radius (Melee Only).
* +24 Damage (Melee) or +12 Damage (Ranged) vs Enemy Non-Hero Units (Logger's Hatchet Modifier).
- Active effects:
* Cooldown: 25 seconds (15 seconds whenever targeting a tree, ward, or gadget)
- Destroys target tree or deals your Attack Damage as Physical Damage to an enemy creep, gadget or ward.

+ Runed Cleaver is slightly adjusted in order to add Charged Hammer into the game.
+ This change also makes Runed Cleaver be competitive to its counterpart Thunderclaw in term of area damage on attack.

Ring of Sorcery

- No longer a component nor shares cooldown to Sorcery Boots.
- Active is changed from area to target ally by 1000 range to gain mana to Bearer and target.
- Applies an effect to both Bearer and target to gain 10% mana spent by either of them to both of them for 16 seconds.
- Mana gain from the effect is halved whenever Bearer and target are 3000 units away to each other.
- Can target self but the effects doesn't get doubled.

+ This item is changed because of the change on Sorcery Boots and the change of crowd ally items in general.
+ This change is a part of soft rework because the end goal is to make the item an optional upgrade for Zamos.

Soultrap (Reworked)

Old:

- Template.

New:

- Components: Pretender's Crown (165g) + Wind Whistle (200g) + Recipe (435g) = 800 gold
- Stats: 3 All Attributes + 15 Movement Speed
- Passive effects: Grants a charge whenever a real visible hero dies (include self) in 1000 radius to self, up to 3 charges can be collected. Starts at 1 charge on purchase.
- Active effects:
* Target Unit - Ally Heroes
* Type - Superior Magic
* Range: 700
* Cooldown: 5 seconds
- Target an ally (or self) to heal them for 400 Health over 10 seconds, consuming a charge of this item.
- Taking damage from player-controllable unit, structure, or boss dispels the effect. 
- The first application of Soultrap effect (includes its line of items) on target overrides the rest of them.

+ This change pretty much brings back this item to its legacy state because some of changed items require its legacy state back.

Symbol of Rage

- New passives (in addition to current one):

* A countdown timer by 360 seconds is set at start of finished Symbol of Rage to indicate spawn time of Whispering Spirit.
* Summons a Whispering Spirit to follow the Symbol of Rage's bearer when the countdown timer reaches 0, granting Symbol of Rage a charge to prevent another Whispering Spirit from spawning and to instantly call upon Whispering Spirit in case of the bearer respawns.
* Whispering Spirit disappears altogether by the bearer's death and it spawns back once the bearer respawns whenever a charge is available on Symbol of Rage.
* Whispering Spirit is invulnerable, uncontrollable except for possessing neutral creeps by using Q button at default.
* Once Possession ability is activated on neutral creep, Neutral creep is dominated and Whispering Spirit is consumed to start the countdown timer.

+ This change is a way to bring along Whispering Helm's active into its upgrade, Symbol of Rage.

Ultor's Heavy Helm (Reworked)

Old:

- Template.

New:

- Components: Helm of the Black Legion (2175g) + Platemail (1400g) + Recipe (425g) = 4000g
- Stats: 250 Max Health + 6 Health Regeneration + 10 Armor
- Passive effects: 80 (40 to ranged) deflection by 50% chance
- Active effects: 
* Target Unit - Enemy Units
* Type - Magic
* Radius - 350
* Cooldown - 15 seconds
* Mana Cost - 50
* Channel Time - 1.5 seconds
- Applies 0.5 second stun and unconscious effect up to 3 seconds to enemy units in radius upon successful channeling.
* Unconscious effect is a stun, dispelled immediately whenever the affected unit takes damage.

+ This change creates new variant of channeling item to help initiator to prolong disable effect on their enemy.
+ The recent usage of this item is overtaken by Plated Greaves because they pretty much shares similar function.

Wingbow

- No longer grants bonus attack range to Ranged Bearer and no longer grants unit-walking to Melee Bearer.
- Grants additional effect to deal Physical Damage by 10% enemy's Base Damage per enemy's attack to them within 900 radius to Bearer.
- New active: Shoot a projectile in target direction and it stops at first hero hit, dealing Bearer's Attack Damage as Physical Damage and applying 100% Miss Chance for 1.5 seconds.
- The projectile has 1200 speed, 75 touch radius, and leaves 150 clearvision for 1.5 seconds.
* Cast Range: 2000
* Cooldown: 0.5 seconds
* Charges: 3 (20 seconds recharge time)

+ Dancing Blade currently doesn't have aura effect on its line of items as oppose to its counterpart, Acolyte's Staff.
+ Wingbow is partially countered by cheaper items so additional effects deem necessary.

Advanced Friendly Aura:

- Advanced friendly aura items are changed to have a total cost of 2050 gold.
- Simple friendly aura items are changed to have two optional upgrades.
- These are the changed items to become advanced friendly aura items originated from 2 simple friendly aura items:
* Abyssal Skull (Ring of the Teacher)
* Dreamcatcher (Refreshing Ornament)
* Nome's Wisdom (Ring of the Teacher)
* Sol's Bulwark (Refreshing Ornament)

+ This change rearranges advanced friendly aura items to derivate from Ring of the Teacher and Refreshing Ornament as basic friendly basic items.
+ Recently Ring of the Teacher has had more line of items than Refreshing Ornament so this change deems to equalize their line of items.

Abyssal Skull (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Ring of the Teacher (550g) + Hungry Spirit (900g) + Recipe (600g) = 2050 gold
- Stats: 2 Armor
- Aura: 
* +1 Mana Regeneration, +3.5 Armor (ally units & structures), 15% Base Damage, 12% Lifesteal (melee only). Toggle to affect Allied Heroes only. Doesn't stack with Ring of the Teacher and its line of items.
* Radius: 900
* Cooldown: 1 seconds

New:

- Components: Ring of the Teacher (550g) + Hungry Spirit (900g) + Flayer (430g) + Recipe (520g) = 2400 gold
- Stats: 2 Armor + 8 Base Damage
- Aura:
* +1.0 Mana Regeneration, +1.5 Armor (ally units & structures), 10% Lifesteal to all allied units. 
* +16% base damage to melee units and +8% base damage to ranged units.
* Armor and Regeneration aura don't stack with Ring of the Teacher and its line of items.
* Aura has 900 radius.
- Active effect:
* Type - Physical
* Cost: 45 Mana
* Radius 275
- Activate to deal Physical Damage equals to Bearer's Attack Damage to heal Bearer by 10% of damage dealt and reduces their Base Damage by 20% for 3 seconds to enemy units in radius of Bearer's facing position.
- Hitting an enemy unit by this active grants a charge to this item, increasing duration of Damage Reduction by 1 second (maximum 5 charges).

+ Lifesteal aura exclusively for melee units is legacy design but it seems like needlessly limitation to today's game design.
+ The superiority of melee units over ranged units is still there by granting different value of damage on aura.
+ The active effect on this change cover up the abolishment of Magic Lifesteal from Lightbrand and its line of items.

Dreamcatcher (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Soultrap (800g) + Beastheart (1100g) + Wind Whistle (200g) + Recipe (600g) = 2600 gold
- Stats: 5 All Attributes + 250 Max Health + 20 movement speed
- Passive effects:
* Grants a charge every 3 minutes or whenever a real enemy hero dies in 1000 radius to Bearer, up to 3 charges can be collected.
* Charges from Soultrap is inherited by this item.
- Active effects:
* Target Unit - All Heroes
* Type - Magic
* Range: 1000
* Cooldown: 2 seconds
- Target an ally (or self) to heal them for 300 Health over 10 seconds and receive 50% bonus both health healing & health regeneration for duration, consuming a charge of this item.
* Taking damage from player-controllable unit, structure, or boss dispels the effect.
- Target an enemy to deal 300 Magic Damage over 10 seconds and reduce their healing by 75% for the duration.

New:

- Components: Refreshing Ornament (550g) + Soultrap (800g) + Blood Ruby (550g) + Recipe (500g) = 2400g
- Stats: 6 All Attributes + 150 Max Health + 20 movement speed
- Aura: 
* 15% health regeneration bonus (non-hero ally units) and 3 Health Regeneration (ally units).
* Aura has 900 radius and regeneration aura doesn't stack with other Refreshing Ornament and its line of items.
- Passive effects:
* Grants a charge every 3 minutes or whenever a real visible hero dies (includes self) in 1000 radius to self, up to 3 charges can be collected.
- Active effects:
* Type - Superior Magic
- Target an ally (or self) to heal them for 400 Health over 10 seconds and receive 35% bonus both health healing & health regeneration for duration, consuming a charge of this item.
- Taking damage from player-controllable unit, structure, or boss dispels the effect.
- The first application of Soultrap effect (includes its line of items) on target overrides the rest of them.

+ This change is intended to make Dreamcatcher focusing on its supportive side than it does recently.
+ This change rewards a lot of health restored than recent Dreamcatcher and Nome's Wisdom as its counterpart do. 

Nome's Wisdom (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Manatube (850g) + Ring of the Teacher (550g) + Mystic Vestment (500g) + Recipe (150g) = 2050 gold
- Stats: 2 Armor + 3 Magic Armor + 10 Damage + 100% Mana Regeneration
- Aura: 
* +2 Magic Armor, +1 Armor (ally units & structures), +1.5 Mana Regeneration, 30% Mana spent to heal health or grants up to 300 shield health. Toggle to affect Allied Heroes only. Doesn't stack with Ring of the Teacher and its line of items.

New:

- Components: Soultrap (800g) + Ring of the Teacher (550g) + Mystic Vestment (500g) + Recipe (550g) = 2400 gold
- Stats: 3 All Attributes + 20 Movement Speed + 10 Damage + 2 Armor
- Passive effects:
* 3 Magic Armor (Magic Armor Modifier)
* Grants a charge every 3 minutes or whenever a real visible hero dies (includes self) in 1000 radius to self, up to 3 charges can be collected.
- Aura:
* +2 Magic Armor, +1.5 Armor (ally units & structures), +1 Mana Regeneration, 15% Mana-spent Refund.
* Armor and Regeneration aura of this item don't stack with Ring of the Teacher and its line of items.
* Aura has 900 radius.
- Active:
* Type - Magic
- Target an ally (or self) to heal them for 400 Health over 10 seconds and provide a post-mitigation shield to absorb 100% damage taken equals to 35% of  mana spent by target, consuming a charge of this item.
- Grants 100 health shield at start of application and maximum 350 health shield can be accumulated, up to 10 seconds. 
- Taking damage from player-controllable unit, structure, or boss dispels the effect once the available shield is 10 or below. 

+ This change is intended to make Soultrap having additional line of item and to be a counterpart of Dreamcatcher.
+ This change still keeps most benefits of recent item with additional benefit to support ally without need to spend mana.
+ The active effect has slight advantage to apply during combat than its counterpart, Dreamcatcher. 

Sol's Bulwark (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Ringmail (450g) + Recipe (1050g) = 1500 gold
- Stats: 6 Armor
- Aura:
* +2 Armor to ally units in radius. Toggle to affect enemy units instead to apply -3 Armor.

New:

- Components: Refreshing Ornament (550g) + Ringmail (450g) + Flayer (430g) + Recipe (970g) = 2400 gold
- Stats: 3 All Attributes + 6 Armor
- Aura:
* 15 deflection (non-hero ally units) and 3 Health Regeneration (ally units).
* Aura has 900 radius and regeneration aura doesn't stack with other Refreshing Ornament and its line of items.
- Active effects: 
* Facing Position - Enemy Units
* Type - Physical
* Radius: 275
* Mana Cost: 45
- Activate to apply Sinned effect for 3 seconds and deal Physical Damage equals to Bearer's Attack Damage at enemy units in Bearer's facing radius.
- Sinned effect applies -20% Base Damage and grants Bearer and their own units 35% armor penetration against affected unit.
- Hitting an enemy unit by this active grants a charge to this item, increasing Sinned duration by 1 second (maximum 5 charges). 

+ Sol's Bulwark is changed because there are too many armor items for multiple units either as aura or active effect.
+ This change still pretty much keeps its recent usage with proactive involvement from the Bearer.

Ally Crowd:

- Ally Crowd Items are items with capability to give effects on multiple allies on its active.
- Ally Crowd Items have standard price of 1900 gold and standard area effect by 600.
- Ally Crowd Items have their application cooldown an additional effect besides preventing reapplication.
- List of Ally Crowd Items:
* Astrolabe
* Barrier Idol
* Battlemage Boots (Sorcery Boots)
* Energizer
* Plated Greaves

+ Positive effect on application cooldown already exists on Shield of the Five active effect so this change only implements this sort of mechanic to all ally crowd items.
+ Price standardization has purpose to make purchaser commits their purchase and to control inflation caused by Zamos.

Astrolabe (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Refreshing Ornament (550g) + Fortified Bracer (490g) + Recipe (710g) = 1750 gold
- Stats: 8 Strength + 5 Agility + 5 Intelligence
- Aura: +3 Health Regeneration to ally units in 900 radius
- Active effects:  
* Self Position - Ally Units
* Type - Superior Magic
* Radius: 600
* Mana Cost: 100
* Cooldown: 45 seconds
- Heals 200 Health instantly to ally units in radius. This effect can occur once every 25 seconds.

New:

- Components: Beastheart (1100g) + Fortified Bracer (490g) + Recipe (310g) = 1900g
- Stats: 250 Max Health + 6 strength + 3 agility + 3 intelligence
- Active effects: 
- Heals 200 Health instantly and applies Astrolabe effect for 25 seconds to ally units in radius, healing 125 health over duration and preventing instant heal from Astrolabe.
- The effect doesn't stack and doesn't get refreshed upon reapplication.

+ This change is a result of advanced aura items' change and change on ally crowd items.
+ This change is generally better than what it does recently with combination such as Sacrificial Stone and Dreamcatcher.

Barrier Idol (Reworked)

Old:

- Template.

New:

- Components: Trinket of Restoration (350g) + Mystic Vestment (500g) + Pickled Brain (950g) + Recipe (100g) = 1900 gold
- Stats: 250 max mana + 3 health regeneration
- Passive effect: 5 magic armor (magic armor modifier)
- Active effects: 
* Mana Cost: 75
* Cooldown: 60 seconds
- Applies 10% Stun & Debuff Duration Reduction to allied units in radius for 60 seconds 
- Allied heroes grant 125 post-mitigated magic damage absorption for the first 10 seconds. 
- Allied creeps grant 250 post-mitigated magic damage absorption for first 20 seconds.

+ This change makes the item competitive against Nome's Wisdom as sustained magic damage reduction. 

Energizer (Reworked)

Old:

- Template.

New:

- Components: Wind Whistle (200g) + Manatube (850g) + Major Totem (540g) + Recipe (310g) = 1900 gold
- Stats: 20 Movement Speed + 4 All Attributes + 125% Mana Regeneration
- Active effects: 
* Mana Cost: 25
* Cooldown: 30 seconds
- Applies 20 bonus attack speed for 15 seconds to ally units in radius to Bearer
- Applies additional 25 attack speed and 50 bonus movement speed for the first 7.5 seconds of application. 
- Allied creeps also receive unit-walking for the first 7.5 seconds. 

+ This change is alternative way to give allies bonus attack speed as Daemonic Breastplate has its attack speed aura removed.

Plated Greaves (Reworked)

Old:

- Template.

New:

- Components: Shield of the Five (800g) + Marchers (500g) + Iron Buckler (225g) + Recipe (275g) = 1900 gold
- Stats: 3 All Attributes + 4 Armor + 65 Movement Speed (Marchers Modifier)
- Passive effects:
* 20 deflection to melee wielder or 10 deflection to ranged wielder against hero attack.
* 50% chance to deflect 20 damage to melee wielder or 10 damage to ranged wielder against non-hero attack. 
- Active: 
* Self Position - Ally Units & Buildings
- Applies Plated effect to allied units and structures in radius for 30 seconds, granting +2 Armor to ally units & structures.
- Plated effect grants 25 Deflection to ally heroes & structures for the first 10 seconds.
- Plated effect grants +4 Armor to all ally for the first 10 seconds. 
- Plated effect doesn't stack with itself or another Shield of the Five & its line of items effect.
- Plated doesn't get refreshed upon reapplication from same effect.

+ This change replaces Ultor's Heavy Helm active and puts recent active of this item as part of Sol's Bulwark aura effect. 

Sorcery Boots (Reworked)

Old:

- Template.

New:

- Renamed to Battlemage Boots.
- Components: Shield of the Five (800g) + Marchers (500g) + Ether Jewel (450g) + Recipe (150g) = 1900 gold
- Stats: 3 All Attributes + 4 Armor + 150 Max Mana + 65 Movement Speed (Marchers Modifier)
- Active effects: 
* Self Position - Ally Units & Buildings
- Replenishes 185 Mana instantly and applies Disciplined effect to allied units and structures in radius for 30 seconds, granting +2 Armor and doubling the granted armor for the first 10 seconds.
- Disciplined effect doesn't stack with itself or another Shield of the Five & its line of items effect.
- Disciplined doesn't get refreshed upon reapplication from same effect.

+ This change gives additional line of items to Shield of the Five and part of standardizing total price of crowd ally items.

Chance-based Attack Modifiers:

Brutalizer

- Halberd replaces Mighty Blade as component.
- Recipe cost is increased from 200 gold to 350 gold.
* Overall price remains unchanged.
- No longer grants strength.
- Static damage on proc is replaced with 2.5% of target's max health as Physical Damage.
- Proc chance is changed to 20% for both melee and ranged bearer.
- This item contains chance-based attack modifier.

+ Brutalizer requires several adjustment because of the changes on Bashing Properties and Chance-based Attack Modifier.
+ Brutalizer replaces secondary appeal of Savage Mace to mini-stun target because of Bashing Properties change.

Riftshards

- Halberd replaces Punchdagger as component.
* Total price is escalated by 350 gold (2975g/3900g/4825g/5750g).

+ Riftshards has its component changed because of the changes on Chance-based Attack Modifier and a new item, Shadowbrand.

Shieldbreaker (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Warhammer (1600g)+ Recipe (1000g) = 3600/4600/5600 gold
- Stats: 35/45/55 Damage
- Passive effects:
* Applies Broken Armor to target for 5 seconds on attack, reducing target's armor by 3/5/7.
* At level 3, applies a stacking -1 Armor debuff to Buildings and Gadgets Bearer attacks for 5 seconds. Max of 7 stacks.

New:

- Components: Warhammer (1600g) + Halberd (850g) + Logger's Hatchet (150g) + Recipe (900g) = 3500 gold
- Stats: 35 Damage
- Passive effects: 
* Deals Physical Damage equal to 2.5% of target's max health with 65% armor penetration by 20% chance on attack. (Chance-Based Attack Modifier)  
* +24 Damage (Melee) or +12 Damage (Ranged) vs Enemy Non-Hero Units (Logger's Hatchet Modifier).
- Active effects:
* Cooldown: 25 seconds (15 seconds whenever targeting a tree, ward, or gadget)

+ Static armor reduction belongs to armor item from this change so both armor item and damage item have their own specialty.
+ Logger's Hatchet no longer has only Runed Cleaver as its upgrade so player still has optional choice to upgrade than simply sell the item later.

Savage Mace (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Warhammer (1600g)+ Slayer (2200g) + Recipe (1100g) = 4800 gold
- Stats: 64 Damage
- Passive effects: 
* Grants True Strike on attack.
* On attack, grants a 33% chance to deal 140 Bonus Physical damage to target and Stun for 0.1 seconds..

New:

- Components: Shieldbreaker (3500g) + Warhammer (1600g) + Recipe (550g) = 5650 gold
- Stats: 66 Damage
- Passive effects: 
* Deals bonus damage by 2.5% of target's max health and penetrates 65% target's armor by 60% chance on attack. (Chance-Based Attack Modifier)  
* +30 Damage (Melee) or +16 Damage (Ranged) vs Enemy Non-Hero Units (Logger's Hatchet Modifier).
- Active effects:

+ Savage Mace changes are intended to make it not entirely counter evasion and miss chance but still better item to counter them.
+ Savage Mace has been in a long time picked up against Wingbow so this change strengthens this understanding.
+ Stun effect on Savage Mace belongs to Brutalizer by the change on Bashing Properties so both of them have their own specialty.

Damage Overtime Activation

Jade Spire (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Pickled Brain (950g) + Manatube (850g) + Recipe (100) = 1900 gold
- Stats: 300 Max Mana + 115% Mana Regeneration
- Passive effects: Increases the Cast Range of your Abilities & Items by 150.

New:

- Components: Guardian Ring (175g) + Guardian Ring (175g) + Scarab (325g) + Recipe (75g) = 750 gold
- Builds Into: Harkon's Blade, Spell Sunder 
- Stats: 4 Armor + 50% Mana Regeneration
- Active effects:
* Type - Magic
* Mana Cost: 20
* Cooldown: 25 seconds
* Cast Range: 900
- Targets an enemy hero to send a projectile with 1800 speed, applying 200 Magic Damage over 10 seconds.
- The effect doesn't stack with itself and gets overridden by Jade Spire's line of items.

+ This change is intended to act as substitute of Soultrap's active on target enemy.
+ This item is chosen to be substitute of Soultrap's active on target enemy because of potential circumstance when target is at disadvantage both onward and retreat against range amplifying user.

Spell Sunder (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Glowstone (1200g) + Perpetual Cogwheel (1325g) + Recipe (150g) = 2675 gold
- Stats: 200 Max Health + 200 Max Mana + 200% Mana Regeneration
- Passive effects:
* Applies a debuff for 3 seconds when this item's bearer deal Magic Damage to a player-controlled unit, dealing 4% of target's currentHealth in non-lethal Magic Damage per second and reduces health regeneration by 75% for 3 seconds.
* Debuff damage is reduced by 33% for DoT damage dealt instead.
* Spell Sunder's debuffs do not stack with itself or activate from its own DoT.
* If both the non-DoT and DoT debuffs are on a unit, the stronger Spell Sunder DoT will override the weaker DoT.

New:

- Components: Jade Spire (750g) + Glowstone (1200g) + Recipe (850g) = 2800 gold
- Stats: 5 Armor + 75% Mana Regeneration + 200 Max Heath + 200 Max Mana
- Passive effects:
* Applies a debuff for 3 seconds when this item's bearer deal Magic Damage to a player-controlled unit, dealing 3% of target's currentHealth in non-lethal Magic Damage per second and reduces health regeneration by 75% for 3 seconds.
* Debuff duration is reduced by 1 second for DoT damage dealt instead.
* Spell Sunder's debuffs do not stack with itself or activate from its own DoT. 
- Active:
* Type - Magic
* Cooldown: 25 seconds
- Targets an enemy hero to send a projectile with 1800 speed, applying 300 Magic Damage over 15 seconds and reducing healing taken by 75% for duration.
- The effect doesn't stack with itself and first applied effect from Jade Spire's line of items overrides the rest of them.

+ This change is intended to act as substitute of Dreamcatcher's active on target enemy.
+ This item is chosen to be substitute of Dreamcatcher's active on target enemy because the latter complement everything the former recently has.

Firebrand and Its Line of Items

- Several changes of bonus movement speed and bonus attack speed as below:
* Firebrand: 8% bonus movement speed
* Frostburn, Searing Light: 10% bonus movement speed and 19 bonus attack speed.
* Geometer's Bane: 12% bonus movement speed and 19 bonus attack speed.
* Dawnbringer: 10% bonus movement speed.

+ Raw Damage belongs to Shadowbrand as new Brand item so the change on Icebrand and its line of items deem necessary.
+ Bonus Health Regeneration is suitable replacement of Raw Damage because other Brands also add bonuses based on attributes.

Icebrand and Its Line of Items

- Replaces static bonus damage into health regeneration as below:
* Icebrand: 5 Health Regeneration
* Frozen Light, Frostburn: 7.5 Health Regeneration
* Frostwolf's Skull: 7.5 Health Regeneration
* Dawnbringer: 10 Health Regeneration

+ Raw Damage belongs to Shadowbrand as new Brand item so the change on Icebrand and its line of items deem necessary.
+ Bonus Health Regeneration is suitable replacement of Raw Damage because other Brands also add bonuses based on attributes.

Lightbrand and Its Line of Items

These are the changes on Lightbrand and its line of items:
- No longer passively provides Searing Modifier and Magic Lifesteal.
- Passively grants 35% post-mitigate damage taken absorption based on max mana.
- Requires 8 seconds timer of having no visible enemy hero in 1000 radius to renew damage absorption.
- The timer always counts whenever there is no visible enemy hero in radius even damage absorption is still full.
- These are number of damage absorption from lightbrand and its line of items:
* Lightbrand: 20% of Bearer's Max Mana.
* Frozen Light, Searing Light, Dimlight: 30% of Bearer's Max Mana.
* Dawnbringer, Duskbringer, Noonbringer: 30% of Bearer's Max Mana.
* Grimoire of Power: 40% of Bearer's Max Mana.

Grimoire of Power

- Reduces mana regeneration of Grimoire to 2.5.
- Grimoire of Power is no longer passively reduces cooldown.
- Grimoire of Power activation change:
Old:
* Cooldown: 75
* Applies 30% Spell Amplification to self for 15 seconds
New:
* Cooldown: 60
* Heal Bearer's health by 10% of their max mana and immediately renew damage absorption.

+ Lightbrand and its line of items have too much passives than their Brand counterparts so Searing Modifier belongs to Shadowbrand as new variant of Brand.
+ Damage absorption replaces Magic Lifesteal because previously the latter used to not have enough appeal without Searing Modifier.
+ The existence of max health & armor counter items makes this item more appealing.
+ Cooldown reduction on Grimoire of Power belongs to Restoration Stone as cooldown manipulating item.
+ Spell amplification on Grimoire of Power active seems unsuitable to overall change of Lightbrand and its line of items.
+ This overall change opens equal opportunity to optimize Lightbrand and its line of items to any kind of bearer in general.

Lightning Modifiers:

Voltstone

- Magic Damage is increased from 45 to 50.
- No longer bounce to additional nearby enemies.
- Charge reset is changed from 3 to 2.
- Also builds into Charged Hammer and Harkon's Blade besides Thunderclaw.

+ Voltstone's chain lightning looks jarring upon getting upgraded into Thunderclaw because the lightning is changed into an area damage.
+ Voltstone is usually purchased later on because it potentially disturbs last-hitting by its mediocre damage.
+ This change intends to make Voltstone a magic analog to Punchdagger.

Thunderclaw

- Area damage is changed from AoE to bounce on 7 nearby visible enemy units within 300 units.

+ This change pretty much brings Thunderclaw back to its legacy version.
+ The area damage from recent Thunderclaw is inherited by Charged Hammer.

Harkon's Blade (Reworked)

Old:

- Components: Acolyte's Staff (2600g) + Arcana (1575g) + Recipe (500g) = 4775 gold
- Stats: 35 Intelligence + 20 Damage + 15 Attack Speed + 125% Mana Regeneration
- Active effects:
* Toggle - Enemy Units
* Type - Magic Attack
- When toggled on, attacks deal Magic Damage and apply Harkon's Blade to attack target for 5 seconds.
- Harkon's Blade effect reduces magic armor by 4.
- Each attack costs 50 Mana while active.

New:

- Components: Acolyte's Staff (2600g) + Voltstone (700g) + Jade Spire (750g) + Recipe (550g)  = 4600 gold
- Stats: 5 Armor + 125% Mana Regeneration+ 30 Intelligence
- Passive effects:
* Grants an individually timed bonus attack speed by 10% of mana spent by user for 4 seconds (capped at 150 bonus attack speed).
* Deals 85 Magic Damage to your attack target and enemies in 275 radius to target when 0 charge remains, then reset the charges to 2. Removes a charge on each attack or after 5 seconds of not attacking. The lightning effect propagates to illusions with 33% damage (Lightning Modifier).
- Active effects:
* Type - Magic
* Cooldown: 25 seconds
- Target an enemy unit to send a projectile with 1800 speed, applying -5.5 tapering magic armor and dealing 200% of Bearer's Base Damage as Magic Damage over 10 seconds.
- The effect doesn't stack with itself and first applied effect from Jade Spire's line of items overrides the rest of them.

+ Harkon's Blade recently only gives advantage to auto-attacker than other physical-damage dealer to counter armor stacking and Void Talisman.
+ Harkon's Blade is adjusted to benefit spell-spammer and magic-oriented bearer while also retaining the auto-attack benefit it currently has.

This post keeps getting updated until I type it as finished, so feel free to look this post back for update.

List of Components:

Spoiler

ACCESSORIES

Minor Totem

Recent: Orb of Zamos, Power Supply, Refreshing Ornament, Shield of the Five, Soultrap.
Change: Orb of Zamos, Power Supply, Refreshing Ornament, Shield of the Five.

Crushing Claws

Recent: Blood Chalice, Fortified Bracer, Grave Locket.
Change: No Change.

Duck Boots

Recent: Iron Shield, Soulscream Ring.
Change: Faux Bow, Iron Shield, Soulscream Ring.

Mark of the Novice

Recent: Amulet of Exile, Blood Chalice, Grave Locket.

Pretender's Crown

Recent: Amulet of Exile, Fortified Bracer, Soulscream Ring, Soultrap.

Bolstering Armband

Recent: Barbed Armor, Bloodborne Maul, Icebrand, Steamboots. 
Change: Barbed Armor, Icebrand, Steamboots.

Fleetfeet

Recent: Faux Bow, Firebrand, Steamboots.
Change: Bloodborne Maul, Firebrand, Steamboots.

Apprentice's Robe

Recent: Arcana, Lightbrand, Steamboots.

Major Totem

Recent: Codex, Energizer, Sacrificial Stone, Void Talisman

Mighty Blade

Recent: Brutalizer, Icebrand, Shrunken Head, Staff of the Master.
Change: Hack, Icebrand, Shrunken Head, Staff of the Master.

Quickblade

Recent: Firebrand, Nullfire Blade, Staff of the Master.
Change: Firebrand, Nullfire Blade, Slash, Staff of the Master.

Neophyte's Book

Recent: Codex, Lightbrand, Staff of the Master, Tablet of Command.

Blessed Orb

Recent: Frostwolf's Skull, Geometer's Bane, Grimoire of Power, Null Stone.

Luminous Prism

Recent: Armor of the Mad Mage, Kuldra's Sheepstick, Sand Scepter, Stormspirit.

WEAPONS

Punchdagger

Recent: Barbed Armor, Ghost Marchers, Knuckles, Riftshards.
Change: Barbed Armor, Ghost Marchers, Knuckles, Shadowbrand.

Broadsword

Recent: Assassin's Shroud, Riftshards, Twinblades.
Change: Assassin's Shroud, Riftshards, Shadowbrand, Twinblades.

Warhammer

Recent: Runed Cleaver, Savage Mace, Shieldbreaker, Shrunken Head.
Change: no change.

Iron Buckler

Recent: Helm of the Black Legion, Iron Shield.
Change: Helm of the Black Legion, Iron Shield, Plated Greaves.

Ringmail

Recent: Lex Talionis, Shield of the Five, Sol's Bulwark.
Change: Lex Talionis, Shield of the Five, Runed Cleaver, Sol's Bulwark.

Helm of the Victim

Recent: Armor of the Mad Mage, Insanitarius, Whispering Helm
Change: Armor of the Mad Mage, Daemonic Breastplate, Insanitarius, Whispering Helm.

Guardian Ring

Recent: Plated Greaves, Ring of the Teacher, Tablet of Command.
Change: Jade Spire, Lex Talionis, Ring of the Teacher, Tablet of Command.

Platemail

Recent: Daemonic Breastplate, Frostfield Plate.
Change: Daemonic Breastplate, Frostfield Plate, Ultor's Heavy Helm.

Steamstaff

Recent: Arcana, Assassin's Shroud, Insanitarius, Wingbow.

Toxin Claws

Recent: None.
Change: Fenrir's Fang, Hack.

Logger's Hatchet 

Recent: Runed Cleaver.
Change: Runed Cleaver, Shieldbreaker.

RELICS

Blood Ruby

Recent: Adeve's Cloak, Arcane Bomb, Puzzlebox.
Change: Arcane Bomb, Dreamcatcher, Puzzlebox.

Ether Jewel 

Recent: Adeve's Cloak, Arcane Bomb, Puzzlebox.
Change: Arcane Bomb, Battlemage Boots, Puzzlebox.

Mystic Vestments

Recent: Nome's Wisdom, Shaman's Headdress.
Change: Barrier Idol, Fortuna's Dice, Nome's Wisdom, Shaman's Headdress.

Trinket of Restoration

Recent: Barrier Idol, Refreshing Ornament, Shaman's Headdress.

Scarab

Recent: Arcana, Blood Chalice, Energizer, Ring of the Teacher.
Change: Arcana, Blood Chalice, Jade Spire, Ring of the Teacher.

Snake Bracelet

Recent: Wingbow.
Change: Fortuna's Dice, Mock of Brilliance, Slash, Wingbow.

Gloves of the Swift

Recent: Elder Parasite, Insanitarius, Steamboots, Thunderclaw.

Alacrity Band

Recent: Alchemist's Bones, Faux Bow, Thunderclaw.
Change: Alchemist's Bones, Faux Bow, Hellflower, Thunderclaw.

Hungry Spirit

Recent: Abyssal Skull, Elder Spirit, Whispering Helm.

Wind Whistle

Recent: Dreamcatcher, Energizer, Stormspirit.
Change: Soultrap, Energizer, Stormspirit.

Mana Battery

Recent: Power Supply

Marchers:

Recent: Ghost Marchers, Plated Greaves, Sorcery Boots, Steamboots, Strider.
Change: Battlemage Boots, Ghost Marchers, Plated Greaves, Steamboots, Strider.

LEGENDARY

Axe of the Malphai

Recent: Behemoth's Heart, Bloodborne Maul, Symbol of Rage.

Dancing Blade

Recent: Genjuro, Spiked Bola, Wingbow.

Acolyte's Staff

Recent: Frostfield Plate, Harkon's Blade, Kuldra's Sheepstick

Slayer 

Recent: Brutalizer, Doom Bringer, Savage Mace.
Change: Brutalizer, Corrupted Sword, Doom Bringer.

Warpcleft

Recent: Daemonic Breastplate, Hypercrown

Lifetube

Recent: Helm of the Black Legion, Shaman's Headdress, Sustainer.

Manatube

Recent: Jade Spire, Nome's Wisdom, Stormspirit, Sustainer.
Change: Energizer, Stormspirit, Sustainer.

Sword of the High

Recent: Corrupted Sword, Doom Bringer, Mock of Brilliance.
Change: Doom Bringer, Mock of Brilliance.

Beastheart

Recent: Behemoth's Heart, Dreamcatcher, Helm of the Black Legion, Icon of the Goddess.
Change: Astrolabe, Behemoth's Heart, Helm of the Black Legion.

Glowstone

Recent: Icon of the Goddess, Spell Sunder, Staff of the Master.

Pickled Brain

Recent: Icon of the Goddess, Jade Spire, Ring of Sorcery.
Change: Barrier Idol, Icon of the Goddess, Ring of Sorcery.

Perpetual Cogwheel

Recent: Kuldra's Sheepstick, Spellshard, Spell Sunder.
Change: Kuldra's Sheepstick, Restoration Stone, Spellshard.

Voltstone

Recent: Thunderclaw.
Change: Charged Hammer, Harkon's Blade, Thunderclaw.

RECIPES

Power Supply

Recent: Sacrificial Stone.

Firebrand

Recent: Searing Light, Frostburn, Dawnbringer, Geometer's Bane.
Change: Searing Light, Frostburn, Dawnbringer, Geometer's Bane, Evebringer, Noonbringer, Shadefire.

Lightbrand

Recent: Searing Light, Frostburn, Dawnbringer, Grimoire of Power.
Change: Searing Light, Frozen Light, Dawnbringer, Grimoire of Power, Duskbringer, Noonbringer, Dimlight.

Searing Light

Recent: Dawnbringer.
Change: Dawnbringer, Noonbringer.

Blood Chalice

Change: Bloodborne Maul.

Fortified Bracer

Recent: Astrolabe, Spiked Bola.

Soulscream Ring

Recent: Faux Bow, Knuckles, Nullfire Blade.
Change: Knuckles, Nullfire Blade.

Amulet of Exile

Recent: Frostfield Plate, Ring of Sorcery.

Arcana

Recent: Harkon's Blade, Hellflower, Restoration Stone, Twin Blades.
Change: Hellflower, Restoration Stone, Twin Blades.

Sustainer

Recent: Null Stone, Runed Cleaver, Restoration Stone.
Change: Charged Hammer, Null Stone, Restoration Stone.

Ring of the Teacher

Recent: Abyssal Skull, Lex Talionis, Nome's Wisdom.
Change: Abyssal Skull, Nome's Wisdom.

Refreshing Ornament

Recent: Astrolabe
Change: Dreamcatcher, Sol's Bulwark.

Soultrap

Recent: Dreamcatcher.
Change: Dreamcatcher, Nome's Wisdom.

Jade Spire

Change: Harkon's Blade, Spell Sunder.

Ring of Sorcery

Recent: Sorcery Boots.
Change: None.

Shaman's Headdress

Recent: Barrier Idol.
Change: Adeve's Cloak, Midnight Morningstar.

Helm of the Black Legion

Recent: Ultor's Heavy Helm.
Change: Adeve's Cloak, Ultor's Heavy Helm.

Shield of the Five

Recent: Plated Greaves, Ultor's Heavy Helm.
Change: Battlemage Boots, Plated Greaves.

Sol's Bulwark

Recent: Daemonic Breastplate.
Change: None.

Brutalizer

Change: Midnight Morningstar.

Runed Cleaver

Change: Charged Hammer.

Shieldbreaker

Change: Savage Mace.

Icebrand

Recent: Frostburn, Frozen Light, Dawnbringer, Frostwolf's Skull.
Change: Frostburn, Frozen Light, Dawnbringer, Frostwolf's Skull, Iceshade, Duskbringer, Evebringer.

Frostburn

Change: Dawnbringer, Evebringer.

Frozen Light

Change: Dawnbringer, Duskbringer.

Edited by datfizh
edit part 16.5 (almost done)
  • Like 1

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

New hero added: Old Draconis.

The new draconis and the old one are two completely different heroes with different character models and gameplay and they can exist at the same time. I remember one of the given reasons for the removal of the old Draconis was an overlap with FA due to the split shot. In practice, the old draconis was a unique hero who had an aoe/space control focus. I remember criticism over Glacius/Martyr/Monarch, Magmus/Rally and even Artesia/Ellonia but each hero eventually found its role and/or niche. Also, another problem spoken of at the time was of Draconis being played as a turbofarmer and taken to extreme levels in competitive play, but this was a problem mostly for the competitive scene of that time and no longer holds relevance. In short, it is possible to give Old Draconis another chance as the reasons for his removal no longer stand tall and bringing him back, as far as the known information goes, is within the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

general: 
season reset

heroes:
silhuette:no cast time on ulti illusion swap
wildsoul:no mana cost to ulti
arachna:her 3rd spell granting true strike again at lvl 4
madman:stalk duration increased by 1s
doctor repulsor :ulti doesnt perplex him
hammerstorm:galvanize passively giving 4/6/8/10 armor
adrenaline:complete rework revertion to what it was in 2018-2019 ,the reasons are literally endless
pestilence:flight rework to what it used to be ,without the second activation(jump) and more duration

items:
ghost marchers:from +60 ms to +70 ms,imo they should be even passively abit faster than steams and mana boots by definition
refreshing ornament :back to what it was before with the extra agility and the duck boots/totem/trinket components
ring of the teacher :no recipe
sand septer :immobilize enemy from 1.5 to 2 seconds
iron shield :100% chance to block 20 hero attack damage
spellshards :the previous version with arcana as component at 60% power
cleaver :from +40 damage to +50 damage
twinblades :secondary attack deals 100% damage
faux bow :completely removed from the game ,nobody buys it anyways
shieldbreaker :from +35/45/55 damage to +40/50/60
frostwolf's skull :passively applies attack speed slow on the target you attack(at the value it used to be or more)
lightbrand line:searing damage :no charges ,20 for lightbrand ,30 for searing light and frozen light ,40 for dawnbringer
dawnbringer:from 30%ms slow to 35% so its abit better than frostburn and frozen light ,but not as high as the 40% frostwolf
thunderclaw proc :from 85 magic damage to 100

Implement an option for further camera distance. 

Give Rampage Staff that give him charge immunity

Change Valk to int based hero

Have items be able to combine. For example you could buy recipe to combine mock with heart. 

Add item ban to midwars. 

Allow engi to stack all of his mines. 

Bring back some sort of reward system again. Like how the mastery system was for a little while.

• Like 1
On 10/29/2021 at 11:15 AM, Yuffie said:

1. Ranked Queue limitations at certain level. - I understand this will separate the community and create longer queue times; but there should be rank limitations for when you reach a certain level instead of your prize for ranking up is just running into multi-stack pub stompers.

Kind of like how RIOT GAMES League of Legends have Ranked SOLO/DUO then Ranked FLEX. Then for their FPS game VALORANT once you hit Diamond 3 you cannot queue in a party more than 2.

this

Bring back the old Dev Wars / Ability Swap / Blitz Mode into rotation with the old Dev Wars / Grimms Crossing maps

Also looking forward to quests/rewards

1. make the first two ward of sight available in the shop free, yes FREE. I think supports buying sync + wards leaves little room for regen and utility.

2. Already made a post about this, in which elementuser made it clear that it won't happen... but ill mention it regardless because that would be my dream patch. Replace the actual runes at minute 2 and 4 with refreshment as well. They're too powerful that early on.

3. NERF SNAKE BRACELET. literally 25% damage reduction vs rightclickers for 1,1 k gold. Insane. 

4. Add another item other than wingbow that gives evasion.

5.another dispell item that can be used on allies, that does not have a projectile time, sometimes using sand scepter to remove hex isn't enough.

6. change spiked bola, the concept of shrunken-piercing disarm in an item is too good.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:03 PM, Emukle said:

New hero added: Old Draconis.

The new draconis and the old one are two completely different heroes with different character models and gameplay and they can exist at the same time. I remember one of the given reasons for the removal of the old Draconis was an overlap with FA due to the split shot. In practice, the old draconis was a unique hero who had an aoe/space control focus. I remember criticism over Glacius/Martyr/Monarch, Magmus/Rally and even Artesia/Ellonia but each hero eventually found its role and/or niche. Also, another problem spoken of at the time was of Draconis being played as a turbofarmer and taken to extreme levels in competitive play, but this was a problem mostly for the competitive scene of that time and no longer holds relevance. In short, it is possible to give Old Draconis another chance as the reasons for his removal no longer stand tall and bringing him back, as far as the known information goes, is within the realm of possibility.

yes please. Loved that hero. But why can't we just keep both? 🙂

Do you have my HoN 5.0 thread from previous HoN site, before the change? You got there plenty of epic changes but I guess those data are not avaiable. Thats sad, all my work including few new heroes and remakes to existing ones gone.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:15 AM, Yuffie said:

3. HoN saved Audio - Currently right now there isn't a way to report someone for Comms Abuse.  It's too difficult to report someone through comms abuse; you would need to record the audio on your own and send it into RAP. Which means your recording software better have been on the whole time incase they don't say that stuff again.

Im soooo anti report functions like that. First of all suspensions make players leave the game. The more people play the highest chance is they gonna pay, easy as that. 

I always since 2009 said that players MUST NOT be suspended EVER for chat abuse nor voice chat abuse. MOBA games tend to have trolls and there are plenty of ways for people to troll, grief and ruin games and when someone is feeding on purpose you cannot do anything about that, if someone is providing items, locations etc for enemy team you cannot do anything about that and so on. But you can easily deal with people that talk crap on chat, simply you can just ignore that player, if you ignore such player you immediately fixed your problem, if someone talk crap on voice chat you can simply just mute such player and again you are done with that guy. There is literally no point in suspending players or muting accounts for chat/voice chat abuse. Literally no point. If someone is talking crap and you dont ignore or mute such player then it seems you dont have problem with that, if you are soft then you can do just two clicks and done! Your problem is gone. You only reduce player base by that.

Some Account level only based  rewards, to encourage people playing on one account for the exclusive rewards instead of playing on 10 sub accounts.-

- It would also result in a more stable mmr environment on the long run.

- Giving people an exclusive reward might encourage them to stick to one account value and reduce the amount of smurf/throw away accounts, since people will have a very good reason to stick to their "main account" thus leveling it.

- Perks could be exclusive name colors or symbols, for every 25,50,75,100 account levels reached.

I think the best patch would involve Heroes of Newerth going black and white. No colours at all, only black and white. It would be pretty fun to last hit and farm, not to mention gank and push towers, in black and white.

6 hours ago, ensid said:

Im soooo anti report functions like that. First of all suspensions make players leave the game. The more people play the highest chance is they gonna pay, easy as that. 

I always since 2009 said that players MUST NOT be suspended EVER for chat abuse nor voice chat abuse. MOBA games tend to have trolls and there are plenty of ways for people to troll, grief and ruin games and when someone is feeding on purpose you cannot do anything about that, if someone is providing items, locations etc for enemy team you cannot do anything about that and so on. But you can easily deal with people that talk crap on chat, simply you can just ignore that player, if you ignore such player you immediately fixed your problem, if someone talk crap on voice chat you can simply just mute such player and again you are done with that guy. There is literally no point in suspending players or muting accounts for chat/voice chat abuse. Literally no point. If someone is talking crap and you dont ignore or mute such player then it seems you dont have problem with that, if you are soft then you can do just two clicks and done! Your problem is gone. You only reduce player base by that.

I somewhat agree, but mostly disagree. These players that are toxic on comms and in chat are usually just toxic in general, and ruin game play. I say ban them, I really don't think theres room for people like that in any team environment. If there is a way to mute a player, that might be better, but the overall toxicity of HoN right now is peak. And if someone is toxic in the chat, that usually means they're toxic in other aspects as well (I'm not referring to getting mad at a teammate and saying he sucks, I mean constant chat/comms abuse). Sure, you might lose some players because they're toxic and were banned or muted...but I think thats a good thing. It's better than losing a good community of people because of how toxic other players can be.

15 hours ago, Rep_ said:

I somewhat agree, but mostly disagree. These players that are toxic on comms and in chat are usually just toxic in general, and ruin game play. I say ban them, I really don't think theres room for people like that in any team environment. If there is a way to mute a player, that might be better, but the overall toxicity of HoN right now is peak. And if someone is toxic in the chat, that usually means they're toxic in other aspects as well (I'm not referring to getting mad at a teammate and saying he sucks, I mean constant chat/comms abuse). Sure, you might lose some players because they're toxic and were banned or muted...but I think thats a good thing. It's better than losing a good community of people because of how toxic other players can be.

you do two left clicks and u never hear or read him again, whats the problem?

Since we don't have glaring imbalances right now (lots of underpowered heroes/items, but nothing really overpowered), improve matchmaking and/or the gameplay experience:

- Don't let matchmaking put you in the same team as someone you ignored or banlisted
- Make smurfs play against other smurfs
- Shorten queue times for players at the top of the MMR range
- Make it so that people who don't concede actually play and are not, e.g., AFKing in some corner of the map or hiding in the base and never getting off high ground|
- Find some creative way to make people not pick all-carry lineups or multiple junglers

Edit: Oh yeah, and merge the servers. Even if you can't merge international client with Garena client, merge the servers on the Garena client because the region lock is making it difficult for some people to get games. The equivalent scenario in the international client is to, e.g., allow AU players to only queue on AU servers, but there aren't many AU players, so you end up queuing for ages to get a game.

Edit #2: Also, make it so that neutrals in MW respawn. I don't mean the current system where they respawn every minute if cleared, but rather they respawn even if not cleared - so Parasite and Ophelia can actually use their jungle skills without having to clear the entire camp (which is impossible early).

Edited by Sorais