New Midwars Modes

Mid Wars
- Hero Ban
- Balanced Random

What exactly is the reason to change Single Draft to Balanced Random?

First game enemy Team got 3 STR and 2 INT (Hellbourne Match ID 162438071) wasn't fair at all. How does this mode even balance to be exact?

Imagine someone getting Ophelia, I doubt teammates will always swap. 

To be honest this Game Mode only leads to frustration for some people. Single Draft was a nice way to avoid All Pick (Hero Ban) while giving each Team the oppurtunity to create balance and swap in between.

• Like 3

I cannot agree more to this. As we all know there is a huge number of players who prefers MW over FoC. And in this big group there is also a lot of people (like me) who doesn't like the same picks every All Pick games.

Single Draft is/was the best option to have different scenarios with different team setups. Imagine getting a Parasite or Ophelia or War Beast in Midwars. What does that do? Is this balanced random? Can someone explain what "Balanced" is and how it works?

I want the single draft back!!!

12 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I'm all for it. I love variety and people take midwars mmr too seriously

I don't really understand what you mean here.. I play Midwars to relax after some TMM.

I queued into 5 games and every single one was frustrating either for me or the enemy team. All games were heavily unbalanced hero wise (you can't even swap after repicking).

People immediately started ranting ingame and after game. But not like usually against their own teammates. No.. they called out the Game Mode with terms like "shitfest" or "worst f*cking mode ever"

Edited by Stahlzeit

I played a few rounds and i dont get what should be balanced about this.

Totaly random teams of which the one with better random heroes wins, at least in SD you could talk with your teammates and pick a team with good combos.

When you want to add an unbalanced complety random mode, i dont mind but at least keep SD.

You could also show the other teams picks in SD if you want a fairer match, so that the other team can counter some heroes.

16 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I haven't had a chance to play it yet but I'm all for it. I love variety and people take midwars mmr too seriously

After playing several games last night, I think it's great. A few games were unbalanced but I had a really fun time coaching friends on how to play heroes they aren't familiar with. As more and more people play unfamiliar heroes, the meta will expand with new ideas. I did think the experience of the mode could be improved in a few ways. 

1. Have the random picks happen after a 5 sec delay upon entering the pick screen. This gives you time to locate yourself and your group mates to coordinate. Additionally, it could be fun to have each player random after a few second interval. Starting at Blue/Pink and going down every 2-3 seconds. I think that would build anticipation if you are at the bottom of the color pool.

2. Update the hero roles. Some have multiple roles for FoC but not for MW. It's a little disappointing when you random for carry and get a non-carry.

Overall, good success. As people move outside their comfort zones with heroes, the game will improve.

Why is everyone so sirius about midwars?

It's 10 heroes in the middle spamming spells and gold/level is rapidly gained by everyone regardless of what happens. Just enjoi and pass time.

It's a fun mode.

I agree totally, I was gonna make my own thread about this, I played alot of FoC for a long time but lately for the last months i only play midwars.

But this new mode all random should be a choice just like single draft, it should not be removed completely just because you feel like it elementuser, 

think of the players that are actually playing the game and not the variety the game needs. its a big request from many players 

Been playing for 11 years straight. I have seen bad but this is the worst. Please bring back single draft it was the only fun thing left in the game.

I agree i have been playing 11 years straight to, but i cant say this is the worst, its a bad decision. 

We have to acknowledge that the player base is very low and the few players that are here want to play the game a specific way, especially in midwars. Thats why we play it. 

Why take that from us ? It does not benefit neither the players nor the developers. I understand the want for variety but we like it the way it is.
If you want variety then add blitz mode back just for fun. :)

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, zipan said:

just do midwars statistic and maybe ladder...and you'll see it will live again

We've asked many times before, at this point not even FoC has a functioning ladder, so I'd say our chances are pretty slim.

Just now, robinxDDD said:

Only problem in balanced random is tag of heroes cuz that is not balanced u have SR  tagged in hero list as carry and hes support in mw same thing is with ra tagged as carry

i know tagging is working by foc how they are played there

On 10/27/2021 at 12:18 AM, ElementUser said:

For variety. It'll be here for at least a patch. 

I guess one more. I strongly recommend watching some of the balanced random MW games. I won't even talk with how unbalanced it is but at least AT LEAST there should be a system that prevents me from "getting Moira, repicking it for another hero, getting moira as a random again" 

Balanced random cannot be balanced in any circumstances. 

On 11/17/2021 at 2:47 AM, bodathecat said:

I guess one more.

The current patch isn't considered a "real" patch, it's just a hotfix. For replay-compatibility reasons the versioning changed, so it increased the minor (aka third) number instead of the revision (aka fourth number).

I have been playing hon since beta, but without SD iam not having any fun right now.

If i wanted to play a short game midwars SD was the way to go, because it was relativly balanced and fun.

RIght now AR is a leaver ridden shit show (who can you blame if you repick parasite into ophelia and cant swap) and AP is -who picks the not banned OP hero first-

Guess we have to wait for the next patch and just hope for the better

Dear Devs!

We are nearly new 2022 year, times are changing. Everyone need everything right here and right now, fast life - fast games! Blow up the dance floor (as it was lot of years ago at start of HON) by Midwars 2.0 with updated map, ladder and ranking system, lootboxes, player avatar trade option. You will see people will like it!

9 hours ago, zipan said:

Dear Devs!

We are nearly new 2022 year, times are changing. Everyone need everything right here and right now, fast life - fast games! Blow up the dance floor (as it was lot of years ago at start of HON) by Midwars 2.0 with updated map, ladder and ranking system, lootboxes, player avatar trade option. You will see people will like it!

my hon 5.0 thread with literally tons of ideas had some things included from your comment but few years passed and they didnt do a crap about that, thats why im saying this game is dead because it is no longer updated. 

Some crappy patches with little tweaks here and there are not considered as updates for me. This game is not developped since 2015 i believe so...

On 10/27/2021 at 12:11 AM, Poseidon said:

On 10/27/2021 at 8:51 PM, RKuken_ said:

Why is everyone so sirius about midwars?

It's 10 heroes in the middle spamming spells and gold/level is rapidly gained by everyone regardless of what happens. Just enjoi and pass time.

It's a fun mode.

You jump in, can't handle it, suddenly becomes fun mode

1200 mmr