Void Talisman bug

Hey, I just experienced a wierd bug, I mean maybe it is not a bug, but I consider it as a bug. Let me explain it. I played with Apex and I had a Nymphora against me who had Void Talisman. I activated Fire Surge spell which adds 265 magic damage on next attack, and I know that Void Talisman should prevent my auto attack damage, but I still think that magic damage from the spell should be applied. Am I correct or not? Because Hypercrown procs always when you auto attack somebody with Void Talisman, I think that this spell should proc too since it deals magic damage.

I think you better post this type of things here next time: https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/index.php?/forum/4-bug-reports/

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

13 hours ago, EpicUlti said:

Hey, I just experienced a wierd bug, I mean maybe it is not a bug, but I consider it as a bug. Let me explain it. I played with Apex and I had a Nymphora against me who had Void Talisman. I activated Fire Surge spell which adds 265 magic damage on next attack, and I know that Void Talisman should prevent my auto attack damage, but I still think that magic damage from the spell should be applied. Am I correct or not? Because Hypercrown procs always when you auto attack somebody with Void Talisman, I think that this spell should proc too since it deals magic damage.

There's no auto attack damage. When you press W, you hit the hero with whatever level W is, magic damage instead of physical damage.

It's not physical + magical both. 

If what you are describing happened, then yes it's a bug. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Snark said:

That is because the hypercrown procs even if you miss, where as fire surge doesn't. 

This is correct.

Apex requires his attack to hit for Fire Surge's shockwave to trigger.

At the time of writing, this is working as intended. It has always been working this way.

If you think this should be changed, feel free to submit a post in the Balance Discussion forums.

Edited by ElementUser