2 minutes ago, Slovenia said:

Can someone explain to me why isn't Monarch, that has over 80% winrate in high brackets, receiving a nerf?

I don't know where you get your statistics or reasonings from¬†- why don't you explain to us why she should get a nerf then? ūüôā¬†

Edited by ElementUser
2 minutes ago, Froschbein said:

no codex nerf/adjustement?

para, goldenveil, fayde with codex is currently infesting tmm. and it's super strong.

Suggestions on a nerf?

I deliberately did not want to nerf Codex this patch because higher level players think Codex is fine. I'm adjusting the problem heroes first before adjusting Codex.

I'm not opposed to a Codex nerf since I have been planning for one next patch, but I want you guys to try to explain the problem & potential solutions if you want to see something happen. It's important that the nerf happens for the correct reasons & in the correct way.

Edited by ElementUser

Speaking from experience, in the games I've played the last 30 days, she has been banned in 90% of the games.
You can ask every high tmm player that isn't American(since they love to abuse her for some reason) and they will tell you the same.

Why is it broken?
Maybe due to the fact that his Q deals absurd amount of dmg with a projectile speed that is nearly impossible to dodge if you don't have vision of her(idk why did you change that, and i also don't know why that ability silences), or her W that makes it impossible to kill a hero especially in the early levels. The combination of the two spells make her a hero that was renowned for being weak on the lane and strong mid to lategame, because of her R removing debuffs like hex and her W saving heroes from being bursted, by far the best laning hero in the game. And don't make me even start on what she in the midgame after she completely dominates her lane.

Edited by Slovenia
9 minutes ago, ElementUser said:

Suggestions on a nerf?

I deliberately did not want to nerf Codex this patch because higher level players think Codex is fine. I'm adjusting the problem heroes first before adjusting Codex.

I'm not opposed to a Codex nerf since I have been planning for one next patch, but I want you guys to try to explain the problem & potential solutions if you want to see something happen. It's important that the nerf happens for the correct reasons & in the correct way.

Fair enough.

The main problems in my opinion are the time when it is accesible plus the speed of the damage.

Possible solutions:

- Make a timer on codex like on puzzle box and arcane bomb. For example u can only buy level 2 codex after x minutes you purchased the first level codex.

- Another solution would be to put a longer casttime on codex. One of the main reason that it is so strong is because it has no casttime. Make it easier to disjoint with for example mag stun, bub codex, shrunken etc.

- Last but not least: Just increase the cooldown by a lot would probably be enough. Codex would keep his burst potential but at least you couldn't pull out the laser 4 times each team fight.

Those are my main ideas but I'm sure someone else has an ever better solution!

Anyways, I like the rest of the patchnotes!

Regards

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, Slovenia said:

Speaking from experience, in the games I've played the last 30 days, she has been banned in 90% of the games.
You can ask every high tmm player that isn't American(since they love to abuse her for some reason) and they will tell you the same.

Why is it broken?
Maybe due to the fact that his Q deals absurd amount of dmg with a projectile speed that is nearly impossible to dodge if you don't have vision of her(idk why did you change that, and i also don't know why that ability silences), or her W that makes it impossible to kill a hero especially in the early levels. The combination of the two spells make her a hero that was renowned for being weak on the lane and strong mid to lategame, because of her R removing debuffs like hex and her W saving heroes from being bursted, by far the best laning hero in the game. And don't make me even start on what she in the midgame after she completely dominates her lane.

Also i guess she is one of the reason why keeper is barely being played in high bracket

Is not ichor already strong? I think another buff on him will be so OP. Anyway i liked a lot the changes! Wanna see the the new staaf on salf. Moreover, iam living just to see someday a buff on my bubbles ūüėě

Just now, EpicUlti said:

I expected so much more actually... We had to wait so long to get this? I am dissapointed... Wish you guys could put a bit more effort to it. I also think that Nitro needs more improvements, because he really sucks... And I don't think it's only my opinion, at least statistics say so. 

The patch delay doesn't mean more development time was put into this patch.

In general, I am needed elsewhere (both in life & in other areas of HoN), so unfortunately content won't be as good as it was in the past.

• Thanks 1

After reading patch note, I figure out that this is just a up and down balance. Nothing big here, i was expect to see faux bow change but i guess, not done yet.

How long for next up and down part 2? well, at least, KK bug is fixed and i can enjoy playing him again

Edited by w3_StarBoy
  • Like 1

HoN SEA Player

I never thought I'd say this, but I think Adrenaline needs an extra layer of nerfs. (Additional +5 manacost to all levels of Q, +0.3 sec CD, and possibly removal of the additional attack speed gain from his ultimate). The hero is very strong as is, even with the currently planned nerfs or with my currently suggested additional nerfs.

I think it was a rather unplayed hero before, but now that people know how to play him I don't think he needs all those extra offensive layers. The time away from the hero (because it's literally autobanned in every game for the past 600 games I entered) made me realize that it's just a frustrating hero to play against, so he should be weaker when compared to other carries. (That is my opinion now)

Also - I think Grimoire could use a slight nerf. (Perhaps passive +10% to all spell damage at all times or +20% extra spell damage on use instead of 30% - since 30% is a little high when combined with the 30 DPS sear and reduced CD, especially on heroes such as TB, Artesia, Pyromancer) 

Edit; I kind of agree regarding the Codex matter - it's a little too cheap now and grants a steep power spike rather early in the game (on heroes like Fayde, Parasite). I think increasing its initial purchase price by 15% is enough. 

Edited by Lunarios
On 10/22/2021 at 8:50 PM, ElementUser said:

Suggestions on a nerf?

Maybe make it so as to limit the Codex to one item/team. Or make it so that those heroes mentioned above, to receive a % penalty in damage for using Codex. Either that or reduce the 800 dmg to something more fairplay.

But I would also add Thunderbringer, Pyro, Blacksmith as heroes who benefit greatly from this item.

Now, would you think of nerfing Symbol of Rage? It's incredible how high the amount of heal that item provides.

Edited by Mefer
43 minutes ago, Mefer said:

Now, would you think of nerfing Symbol of Rage? It's incredible how high the amount of heal that item provides.

Just don't let Symbol's user attack?

As for Codex nerf, I think increasing the price a bit and reducing of how much it can be upgraded are nice nerf because it had been most expensive item but had little use, thus it used to be a meme item. 

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

5 hours ago, datfizh said:

Just don't let Symbol's user attack?

But wouldn't that make the item useless?

I would add some costs of having that life steal, in the form of getting % more damage while the effect lasts. Or make it give less life steal and make it level up 3 times?

5 minutes ago, Mefer said:

But wouldn't that make the item useless?

I would add some costs of having that life steal, in the form of getting % more damage while the effect lasts. Or make it give less life steal and make it level up 3 times?

Sorry for my short reply so it gets easily misinterpreted. I meant Symbol currently is at good spot because its user requires an attack action in order to get lifesteal so making its user unable to attack during mega-lifesteal or unable to activate mega-lifesteal when its active is available (or dispel mega lifesteal, though I'm not sure about this part) are suffice things to do to counter this item.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

The patch looks great to me. Its a minor one yes and there isnt that many big changes. But given the limited resources im happy the focus is on fixing problems within the current game rather than making new stuff. Like the bug fixes are gonna make the game a lot more enjoyable to me. Charging someone as Legionare or Solstice just to get the spell cancelled by someone stepping in to fog for a minute is to me a much more important fix. Same with Goldenveil bugs. So yeah, thanks a lot. 

The goal is to create a somewhat stable game where every hero has their niche while having a relative similar powerlevel. On this note I think you are doing a great job. Minor changes based on performance over time. You are doing great work EU. God speed ūüôā

Voodoo Jester

Acid Cocktail
- Initial projectile speed increased from 800 to 1200 units per second.
- Bounce projectile speed increased from 600 to 700 units per second.

Cursed Ground
- Magic Damage per second at level 1 of the ability increased from 6 to 8.

Spirit Ward
- Cast Range increased from 400 to 600.
- Projectile speed increased from 1000 to 1300 units per second.

+ Voodoo Jester is not a viable pick at higher levels of play. He has received some buffs that make him more reliable throughout the game.

Why you buff Voodoo Jester, specially in early game?

He is yet so hard to deal with.

You are talking about  "viable pick at higher levels of play" and also boosting him in early game, where u can't even counter his stuff. 

Edited by Forst
1 hour ago, Forst said:

boosting him in early game, where u can't even counter his stuff

You mean "counter" like picking something that counters him, because half the hero pool does right now. You can pick anything that blinks, gets movement speed or magic immunity.

Or (sometimes) just buy movement speed and run away.

1 hour ago, Manu311 said:

You mean "counter" like picking something that counters him, because half the hero pool does right now. You can pick anything that blinks, gets movement speed or magic immunity.

Or (sometimes) just buy movement speed and run away.

Don't forget that the speed of this initial stun-projectile is 0,5x higher as before. Show me how you will run away from this. 

Edited by Forst
√ó
√ó