Adeve's Cloak & Nihil Crystal Proposed Rework

Adeve's Cloak

Idea 1:

Spoiler
  • Components: Shaman's Headdress + Ioyn Stone = 2250 gold (disassemble-able)
  • Stats: 10 Health Regeneration + 10% Stun & Debuff Duration Reduction + 60 Max Health + 45 Max Mana
  • Passive: 10 Magic Armor (Magic Armor Modifier)
  • Active (Uncharged):

Target Unit - Bottle Targets

Range: 100
Cooldown: 0.5 seconds

Use on a Rune (Or right-click a Rune while Uncharged) to Charge the Adeve's Cloak with that Rune's Power for 4 minutes. This does NOT consume a Major Rune.

Gains 3 charges of Power (based on that Rune) that you can cast on allies.

Dropping the Adeve's Cloak removes all charges.

• Active (Charged):

Target Unit - Ally Heroes

Cooldown: 0.5 second
Cast Range: 600

Target an ally unit to apply Adeve's Protection for 25 seconds (doesn't stack and doesn't get refreshed on reapplication) and apply captured runes effect based on Ioyn Stone. Doesn't break channeling.

Adeve's Protection effects: 5 Magic Armor for the first 5 seconds and 10% Stun & Debuff Duration Reduction for the rest of duration.

Thought Process:

• This proposed rework is inspired by this discussion and Glimmer Cape.
  • This proposed rework also gives optional choice to upgrade Shaman's Headdress or a 'transit' item to build Barrier Idol later.
  • Ioyn Stone is situational item and upgrading it seems to be no problem.

Idea 2:

Spoiler

Target Unit - Ally Heroes

Cooldown: 20 second
Cast Range: 900

Target an ally unit to apply Adeve's Protection for 5 seconds. Doesn't break channeling.

Adeve's Protection effects: 5 Magic Armor + 10% Stun & Debuff Duration Reduction. Applies 0.5 second fadetime stealth: doesn't break upon non auto-attack action but gets revealed if there is an enemy unit in 400 radius.

Thought Process:

• This proposed rework is inspired by this discussion and Glimmer Cape.
  • This proposed rework also gives optional choice to break it later into several items.

Nihil Crystal

Idea 1:

Spoiler
  • Taking damage from player-controlled enemy sources starts a 2 second timer on the item and starts accumulating damage.
  • The timer is refreshed each time the bearer takes damage from player-controlled enemy sources.
  • If the accumulated post-mitigation damage exceeds 20% consumer's Max Health or 300 (whichever is higher) while the timer is active, the item is consumed and Nihil is applied for 2 seconds.
  • Nihil effect absorb 55% non-lethal post-mitigated damage taken up to 10% of consumer's Max Health (capped at 150) and later takes absorbed damage as non-lethal health removal upon expiration or exceeding the damage limit.
  • Grants 0.5 Mana Regeneration (doesn't stack on multiple Nihil Crystals) and has 30 seconds cooldown (shared upon all Nihil Crystals on inventory).
  • Can be purchased at 3 minute mark and multiple purchase fills empty item slot.

Thought Process:

• A cheap version of current Adeve's Cloak, adjusted to fit the price and to fit one of Adeve's Cloak's assumed design.
  • This proposed rework is inspired by this discussion and Infused Raindrops.
  • This proposed rework indirectly buffs damage overtime by countering burst damage.

Idea 2:

Spoiler
  • Activate to apply Nihil effect for 3 seconds, absorbing 80% non-lethal post-mitigated damage taken up to 15% of consumer's Max Health (capped at 200) and later takes absorbed damage as non-lethal health removal upon expiration or exceeding the damage limit.
  • Passively grants 0.5 Mana Regeneration (doesn't stack on multiple Nihil Crystals) and has 30 seconds cooldown (shared upon all Nihil Crystals on inventory).
  • Can be purchased at 3 minute mark and multiple purchase fills empty item slot.

Thought Process:

• A cheap version of current Adeve's Cloak, adjusted to fit the price and to fit one of Adeve's Cloak's assumed design.
  • This proposed rework is inspired by this discussion and Infused Raindrops.
  • This proposed rework indirectly buffs damage overtime by countering burst damage.

Edited by datfizh
Adding 2nd idea to both Adeve's Cloak & Nihil Crystal
  • Like 1

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Love it!  I'd also add to the active "Can be activated even when stunned or perplexed" and possibly beef that stun and debuff duration of the active to 20% for a cumulative of 30%.  Maybe increase the cooldown and cost a bit though. 

Both items could obviously be used concurrently.  I almost feel like the Nihil Crystal should be a consumable. Like an item you have in your inventory that you can "activate" and then when you do if that damage happens it's consumed. Otherwise its cost should be adjusted. 

You'd also have Void Talisman for a really spicy trio.

If EU is worried about use on carries then add a disarm to the new Adevese cloak and if Void+it becomes too powerful then make them exclusive to each other together with SH. 

Edited by Ondis
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Ondis said:

Love it!  I'd also add to the active "Can be activated even when stunned or perplexed" and possibly beef that stun and debuff duration of the active to 20% for a cumulative of 30%.  Maybe increase the cooldown and cost a bit though. 

Both items could obviously be used concurrently.  I almost feel like the Nihil Crystal should be a consumable. Like an item you have in your inventory that you can "activate" and then when you do if that damage happens it's consumed. Otherwise its cost should be adjusted.

You'd also have Void Talisman for a really spicy trio.

If EU is worried about use on carries then add a disarm to the new Adevese cloak and if Void+it becomes too powerful then make them exclusive to each other together with SH. 

Thanks for your input. I've updated the post but I apologize to not put your inputs for several reasons:

• I intended to propose Adeve's Cloak as an item for Support heroes, usually poorest than their allies, so I can't increase the price.
  • Because I can't increase the price, the effects of Adeve's Cloak I proposed seems to be more than enough for its price.
  • The activation on Nihil Crystal will potentially overlap Golden Apple, making it a caster version of Golden Apple.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:

I really don't know how people will feel about Glimmer Cape.........

Nihil Crystal would be too cheap for its effects if it was a limited use thing (even if it didn't take up a consumable slot). Make the price too high & people won't pick it up, make the price too low & I will not like what you can get for such a low price.

Edited by ElementUser
10 hours ago, datfizh said:

Thanks for your input. I've updated the post but I apologize to not put your inputs for several reasons:

• I intended to propose Adeve's Cloak as an item for Support heroes, usually poorest than their allies, so I can't increase the price.
  • Because I can't increase the price, the effects of Adeve's Cloak I proposed seems to be more than enough for its price.
  • The activation on Nihil Crystal will potentially overlap Golden Apple, making it a caster version of Golden Apple.

Ah alright. It's just that Nihil in that suggested form is a bit too good for the price. 
Your Adeves Cloak might not do "enough" so to speak if it is to replace the current one from the perspective what EU wants with it from what I understand in the previous discussion.  Extra magic armor is nice people seem to want that stun debuff more. 

What about having the split occur earlier than after the Shamans dress? 

Magic armor+Lifetube+Crystal+a cheap recipe?  

This would also give a use for the magic armor that supports often buy and not force people into selling it or going nomes wisdom every time. Shamans headress with its 10 regen is already a bit too high for what you really need as a support anyway.

Edited by Ondis

Thanks for the reply so far.

Regarding the proposed change on Adeve's Cloak: 

• I also don't know much about people opinion regarding Glimmer Cape, though it's pretty much a busted item if the opposing team doesn't have dust, ward, bound eye, or hero with reveal ability.
  • Recipe items with a recipe as its component can't be disassembled to my knowledge, so I take your suggestion without the need of a recipe, @Ondis.

Regarding the proposed change on Nihil Crystal:

• On second thought, I think activation on Nihil Crystal seems reasonable. I'll add alternative suggestion from that.
  • I agree the effects I propose doesn't align well with the price, so I'll adjust my proposed idea.