TREMBLE

DARK SWARM - Click and drag a cursor to summon a wall made of a thick dark swarm. The wall blocks enemies movement but not allies. If Tremble or an ally goes through it, the wall disperses and grants the swarm protection, deflecting ranged attacks.
TERRORFORM - Tremble can create invulnerable terror mounds at his location which grant movement speed, unitwalking, health regeneration and stealth to Tremble and his broodlings. They destroy trees and do not grant vision. Also gains the ability to terror port to existing mounds from anywhere. There is a visual cue around the mound used to teleport.
IMPALERS - Passively causes Tremble attacks to apply a movement speed slow and armor reduction. After landing 3 attacks on the same enemy, a swarm is attracted by Tremble's fury, creating an aura which deals physical damage over time (deals damage to structures).
HIVE MIND - Has 2 charges. Attach a parasite to target enemy. The parasite sights, reveals and causes a delayed immobilisation. Then, a broodling burst out of the target, dealing physcial damage and follows Tremble, attacking what Tremble attacks. It cannot be controlled and can also attract a minor swarm with its own Impalers. Broodlings (Shudder & Boris) are not invulnerable. Attaching a second parasite suppresses the former parasite.

STAFF UPGRADE - NEW - TERROR PIT : Increases the maximum number of terror mounds. Can create a hidden terror pit at a location. Enemies who enter its area are sighted, revealed, and slowed. Tremble's team is notifed by a ping on the mini-map when someone trips in a terror pit. Besides, the terror pit transforms into a terror mound which Tremble can use to teleport.

--

CHANGES :

- Dark swarm's now doubles up as a soft ganking tool which the hero can use to gank reliably earlier than level 6.
- The mechanics changes to terror mounds should make these less tedious to play with and against.
- Tremble loses the ability to create mounds from the other side of the map but can now teleport without being on a mound.
- They do not grant vision since they're now invulnerable. As a result, they require stronger map awareness and planning to use well.
- Impalers always felt like a filler spell. It now grants most of Tremble's early game damage and defines his sub-role (pusher).
- Tremble's ultimate has slowly mutated into a steroid disguised into an invulnerable summon which nobody can interact with. That sucks.
- It becomes a targeted physical dot + delayed immobilisation with two charges and 'Alien' nostalgia.
- Gameplay-wise, it also requires one less click for a delayed "Ensnare".
- The new terror pit ability is a fun, clever way to play with his ability to teleport to his mounds and hunt down trapped enemies.

I voluntarily ignore most numbers in order to focus on the concept.

Additional note: Staff upgrade suggestions are designed to fit a cheaper SotM, with slightly weaker effects.

Edited by Haerdal

Well, Terrorform should no longer provides vision if you wish Terrorform to be invulnerable. I have mixed feeling whether it is good or not to be able to teleport to one Mound without within another Mound, kind of similar to Draconis' but more flexible. The overall idea is interesting, kind of inspired by Broodmother.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

7 hours ago, datfizh said:

Well, Terrorform should no longer provides vision if you wish Terrorform to be invulnerable.

Good point.

Also, I wasn't aware of Broodmother's new traps. Coincidentally, I designed an Arachna rework years ago with that skill. 😮

Some additional changes for Tremble suggested rework : new Q effect so he doesn't entirely rely on his ultimate to gank reliably early on - Impalers change so it doesn't feel like a filler passive anymore - Ulti change with 'Alien' nostalgia.

I like the change of 1st ability because I think the current one feels like a merged version of Zephyr's 2nd + 3rd ability.

I think the invulnerable mound and an ability to teleport on them without getting inside one are already huge buffs to Tremble so the mound's aura needs to be removed to balance those buffs.

Your proposed impalers seems like a nice addition than the current one does.

I always think Hive Mind is a counterpart to Wildsoul's Booboo so the removal of controlled Boris on Tremble feels like a letdown to me.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

Considering mounds, the balance basically goes like this :

+ Invulnerable + Ability to terror port from anywhere

- No vision - Can only create mounds at Tremble location

I first thought about removing the stealth part of the mound's aura but I'm really unsure about this one. It would likely alter Tremble laning phase too much. Besides, I feel like the removal of global mound creation is a big drawback by itself.

As for incontrollable broodlings, I think that it is necessary to grant the hero a good player pool because people typically despise heroes with micro-management in MOBAs. There is a reason why those are the least played in both HoN & DotA 2.