Why don't players from Russia play on russian servers?

I emphasize right away, I do not want to offend anyone - this is not the purpose of this thread.
I just argued with them more than once and I asked them about it, they replied that the CIS was empty. I don't have a high MMR and I don't know what it's like to play with 2000MMR
but around 1500MMR at least 30-40% of the players are Russian.

I've heard the theory that even the Russians don't want to play with other Russians and that's why they don't enter CiS - but that's not the real reason?

I doubt that wouldn't want to play with out Russians. It's not like they are actually worse or anything, the "problem" is usually just the communication with people that can't speak English. That's also not limited to Russians.

However I think the reason they are giving you is the actual reason: You can simply choose both regions, which they are probably doing. Now if 8 Russians do that and queue and two other non-Russians just queue in Europe, of course the game will be created in Europe. And if there was a nineth Russian who just queued for Russia, he didn't get into the game. And if that happens frequently, there will never be more people that queue just for Russia than that queue just for Europe. Which means they basically never find a game and will also switch to Europe + Russia.

The only reason why there actually exist players on different regions are pings. A lot of people rather wait a bit longer than to play with 300ms ping in the US. However since Russia is (partly) part of Europe, their ping is fine. I even think the Russian and European servers are actually located at the same locations and share the same resources (unlike Brazilian servers).

Alot of players who get called "russian" are not actually russian, every eastern european (and other) player is considered a "russian".

Let them play wherever they want and stop saying russians are bad because they are not worse than the average player, it's just sad that this hate is still a thing. 

• Like 1

MMR is lower than yours - noob
MMR is higher than yours - smurf
Reacts to trolling - toxic
Does not respond to trolling - does not understand the language
Writes in a broken language (even if it is clearly Spanish) - Russian
Few Kills - Noob
Many kills - smurf
No avatar - beggar

• Like 1