Trolling too much

Hon is a good game but how do people put up with the trolling? I think it's time for me to quit. I know they try to control the trolling with their report system but it's just not enough. All of my RAP reports have been getting rejected with no explanation. I usually only report racist remarks or when someone sits behind the well afk. Also, people troll the middle all the time which can't be reported, some guy dies in his lane so he immediately teleports mid and starts pushing the lane resulting in a loss of both his lane and mid. People are making new accounts every five games to keep them at a Silver I when they are really a Bronze V. One guy I played with purposely blocked our ancients with a ward so we couldn't creep it, flamed his whole team the entire game, then he rage quit half way through. I reported him but they said he didn't do anything wrong. The lack of control has made the game unplayable I think.

Edited by LeahhGotti

You have to differentiate between not corroborated and innocent reports. Not corroborated are not innocent, it just means that no one looked at it because you were the only one reporting and don't have top priority either(which takes ages to reach).
Blocking your own camps can be reportable, but it depends on the game and judgement of the GM.
Anyways, you can complain about innocent reports via the rap portal and should get an explanation. You won't get one for every report you did, but chances are you get one for an individual request. If you're lucky, the GM vote might even get overruled and the player gets its ban after all.

Also I think you're the first to complain about smurfs that are actually worse than the rating they reach with placement matches. I mean it doesn't make sense either. If you win the first game, since you're better than the lowest bracket, you instantly end up in higher brackets and loose the other 5 games just so you can make a new account for that one game you'll surely win? Sounds not feasible to me.

27 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

Also I think you're the first to complain about smurfs that are actually worse than the rating they reach with placement matches. I mean it doesn't make sense either. If you win the first game, since you're better than the lowest bracket, you instantly end up in higher brackets and loose the other 5 games just so you can make a new account for that one game you'll surely win? Sounds not feasible to me.

Oh people complain, maybe not to you but they do in the game. There's one guy that plays Engineer and keeps blindly pushing lanes with no wards so he just keeps getting ganked. He can't figure out what he's doing wrong so he goes about 2/15 kills to deaths each game, he only ever gets a kill when someone runs into his mines. He doesn't like being dropped in rank so he makes a new account to get back to a Silver I, really annoying. 

One of the match I.D's is 162100082 if you wanted to check it out. He's easy to recognize because he uses the voice chat a lot. I don't mind if he plays just keep him in the Bronze bracket or at least a Silver V. 

You will back - I know form my experience.

Once I stopped playing for six months because I was annoyed by the low IQ of players and not understanding the mechanics of the game in Midwars. If you are winning 20-1 then the win should not take more than a few minutes - you just have to play carefully. Players at my level then get monkey wits, dive into faith and feed opponents - so the game sometimes lasts up to an hour.

After six months I came back

I know - I should get a higher MMR and play with better players - that's good advice, but I always play support and it will take some time

Edited by NineYoGirI
On 9/30/2021 at 3:50 PM, LeahhGotti said:

Hon is a good game but how do people put up with the trolling? I think it's time for me to quit. I know they try to control the trolling with their report system but it's just not enough. All of my RAP reports have been getting rejected with no explanation. I usually only report racist remarks or when someone sits behind the well afk. Also, people troll the middle all the time which can't be reported, some guy dies in his lane so he immediately teleports mid and starts pushing the lane resulting in a loss of both his lane and mid. People are making new accounts every five games to keep them at a Silver I when they are really a Bronze V. One guy I played with purposely blocked our ancients with a ward so we couldn't creep it, flamed his whole team the entire game, then he rage quit half way through. I reported him but they said he didn't do anything wrong. The lack of control has made the game unplayable I think.

i feel u bro, reported the guy on nh who just made a codex and doing nothing just sit in invis and waits for kill,  to ks wiht codex, they didnt ban him , its ok his playstyle is fine

Guys, trolling will disappear if you don't pay attention to these people. If you are not satisfied with the gameplay of your allies, then it is better to play with your friends using discord. Otherwise, it is not entirely clear what you are counting on?

3 hours ago, SJW_LGBT said:

Guys, trolling will disappear if you don't pay attention to these people. If you are not satisfied with the gameplay of your allies, then it is better to play with your friends using discord. Otherwise, it is not entirely clear what you are counting on?

dude , not all ppl have 4 friends playing hon to avoid trolls,  so the only chance to avoid troll is playing as 5 man team.  anyways as i said before , there is  a lot of guys like this nh  with codex that doing it on purpose , and u  forced to play 4 vs 5 with a griefer following u stealing farm and kills, but he is not getting banned , dont know why but gm think this playstyle is fine.... no wonder game is dead

2 hours ago, BeatFactor said:

dude , not all ppl have 4 friends playing hon to avoid trolls,  so the only chance to avoid troll is playing as 5 man team.  anyways as i said before , there is  a lot of guys like this nh  with codex that doing it on purpose , and u  forced to play 4 vs 5 with a griefer following u stealing farm and kills, but he is not getting banned , dont know why but gm think this playstyle is fine.... no wonder game is dead

If you want to know what is bannable and what is not, there's a sub-forum for questions about that: https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/index.php?/forum/33-report-a-player-feedback/

The behavior you're describing of the Night Hound is probably reportable - but only if he's actually not doing anything else at all. If he's farming all game and nuking everything nearby with his codex, that's completely fine (by the rules). If he's sitting near a team fight while his entire team is dying and he's just waiting to pounce and codex a low target, it's probably not fine.
It depends very much on the details and therefor one the perception of the GMs watching the report. (Disclaimer: I'm not a GM and never was)

3 hours ago, Manu311 said:

If you want to know what is bannable and what is not, there's a sub-forum for questions about that: https://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/index.php?/forum/33-report-a-player-feedback/

The behavior you're describing of the Night Hound is probably reportable - but only if he's actually not doing anything else at all. If he's farming all game and nuking everything nearby with his codex, that's completely fine (by the rules). If he's sitting near a team fight while his entire team is dying and he's just waiting to pounce and codex a low target, it's probably not fine.
It depends very much on the details and therefor one the perception of the GMs watching the report. (Disclaimer: I'm not a GM and never was)

there was second, he sit in invis, wait for low hp target then pounce  or codex, no smoke , no another help, also half of time he was just chasing me all around the map and taking my farm not letting me to lasthit on purpose. How do u think if this guy silver 4 and has 5 kdr on acc, with alot of games played. that means he doing it very often but team losing cuz playing 4 vs 5. We won this game cuz i carried it! May be thats why they didnt ban him, cuz we won it, but still if we even win isnt it griefing ?  i think we still need to ban such players even if he is on winner's side!

Edited by BeatFactor

So use the forum. It's not about the players, it's about the balance of the game that allows it.

4 hours ago, BeatFactor said:

11 hours ago, BeatFactor said:

there was second, he sit in invis, wait for low hp target then pounce  or codex, no smoke , no another help, also half of time he was just chasing me all around the map and taking my farm not letting me to lasthit on purpose. How do u think if this guy silver 4 and has 5 kdr on acc, with alot of games played. that means he doing it very often but team losing cuz playing 4 vs 5. We won this game cuz i carried it! May be thats why they didnt ban him, cuz we won it, but still if we even win isnt it griefing ?  i think we still need to ban such players even if he is on winner's side!

But at the end of the day the only reason you are playing with him is cuz you are low ranking yourself, all you have to do is focus on yourself, get better at the game and ignore the trolls and you will see less hard griefers the higher you go. I agree with you, some games you get trolled so hard and by more than one player and no matter what you do you will lose and it will be painfull, but those games arent that often and you can just leave or if you care about your kd go afk untill they kick you.

• Like 1

I agree, the MMR for leaving the game is only -10, if you are 100% sure that you are only wasting your time and nerves - leave, and if possible Concede. Moreover, the chance of the trolls hitting you 2 times in a row is practically zero, and if the problem is only with the troll, it will not be a problem for you to win these 10 mmr.

11 hours ago, GiveUpBra said:

But at the end of the day the only reason you are playing with him is cuz you are low ranking yourself, all you have to do is focus on yourself, get better at the game and ignore the trolls and you will see less hard griefers the higher you go. I agree with you, some games you get trolled so hard and by more than one player and no matter what you do you will lose and it will be painfull, but those games arent that often and you can just leave or if you care about your kd go afk untill they kick you.

im actually low just cuz the only reason - if i  see the troll in team from the start im just leaving to save my nervs being in pain game about a hour, so i get -15 mmr and need to win 3 games to get back. i dont have a lot of time to play and i dont wanna waste time on game with troll so i just quit, however i still have positive winrate 

You only lose 2x mmr, i do the same, the only reason i dont do it more often itz cuz of the matchmaking temporary ban, but even then my rank wont go below gold IV & Silver I, in the long run it doesnt matter, for each game you lose you will get an easier one to win. Like you, i only solo q and dont play much lately. But if you are a good player you can hit diamond on your own solo q, not that it matters since there arent any rewards for ranks anymore.

16 hours ago, GiveUpBra said:

Not really, people are making new accounts all the time to get into a Silver I rank and troll. Silver I can be paired with 1700 players. Maybe if you are 1800 or above then  you can avoid the trolls but very few people can make it that high. 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:46 PM, BeatFactor said:

i feel u bro, reported the guy on nh who just made a codex and doing nothing just sit in invis and waits for kill,  to ks wiht codex, they didnt ban him , its ok his playstyle is fine

I've seen that a couple of times too, Night Hound doesn't learn smoke then just sits invis and kill steals resulting in a for sure loss. Not sure if I call that trolling, maybe he thinks it's strategy, a really bad strategy. But they should at least drop him 50 mmr and get him in the bronze bracket where he belongs. 

In principle, people with too low APM should be punished, as this is a sure sign of trolling.

9 hours ago, LeahhGotti said:

Not really, people are making new accounts all the time to get into a Silver I rank and troll. Silver I can be paired with 1700 players. Maybe if you are 1800 or above then  you can avoid the trolls but very few people can make it that high. 

I've seen that a couple of times too, Night Hound doesn't learn smoke then just sits invis and kill steals resulting in a for sure loss. Not sure if I call that trolling, maybe he thinks it's strategy, a really bad strategy. But they should at least drop him 50 mmr and get him in the bronze bracket where he belongs. 

4 hours ago, SJW_LGBT said:

In principle, people with too low APM should be punished, as this is a sure sign of trolling.

For the last one and a half years I have been playing almost exclusively with a Trackball instead of a mouse. It was obvious to me, that I wouldn't be as good as with a mouse, so I'm using a sub-account for it and I'm actually not too much worse. Still keeping myself in Gold 2.

I'm mentioning this because I don't think I have reached 70 APM in any of those games. I'm not trolling, just clicking way less than with a mouse.

Oh and of course you could avoid this trolling-ban by some program which just clicks around a bunch to increase your APM.

I think I am wrong now. Since sometimes it comes out under 150 😃
A couple of years ago there was a wave when a lot of people took the Devourer turned on 2 and stood at the fountain until the end of the game. They probably had APM 0, I think if you make the limit somewhere around 15 (correct if not right) and as protection from hackers up to some conditional 300 (correct if not right)

55 minutes ago, Manu311 said:

For the last one and a half years I have been playing almost exclusively with a Trackball instead of a mouse. It was obvious to me, that I wouldn't be as good as with a mouse, so I'm using a sub-account for it and I'm actually not too much worse. Still keeping myself in Gold 2.

I'm mentioning this because I don't think I have reached 70 APM in any of those games. I'm not trolling, just clicking way less than with a mouse.

Oh and of course you could avoid this trolling-ban by some program which just clicks around a bunch to increase your APM.