What is smackdown?

I've been playing HON for a few years now, but I still don't know what smackdown is. I have never had an MVP like this, nor even earned a badge. What is this?

Bonus question, do denied creeps count towards the top creep score?

• Like 1

You can buy taunt from the shop (I think you still need to buy it, right?)
If you did, you can now use the Taunt-action ingame - it's default hotkey is N and you can either click it on yourself, which will make you sleep, or click it on an enemy. If you click it on an enemy, your hero will do a little "dance" and your enemy will have a status-effect on it. If you now kill that enemy within 60 seconds, you will get a Smackdown on him - that triggers a special kill sound (of your announcer) and some event to happen where he died. You can buy multiple different events and choose one of them. E.g. a crying baby could appear where he died, or just a fountain of blood. Be careful however when taunting - the dance will interupt everything you do - so if you're channeling something, that will stop instantly. You can of course interupt the dance with whatever you want as well (e.g. an attack).
Smackdowns have no actual impact on the game, you don't get bonus gold or anything.

About the creep score: I don't actually know, I assume that it doesn't count them, but Idk. So no bonus points for me 😭.

• Like 2
On 9/30/2021 at 11:00 AM, Manu311 said:

Smackdowns have no actual impact on the game, you don't get bonus gold or anything.

You no longer get like 5 silver per 10 smackdowns or what you get before?

42 minutes ago, Ceriss said:

You no longer get like 5 silver per 10 smackdowns or what you get before?

Sorry apparently I was not precise 😇: You don't get any gold during the game. You still get silver coins every 10 succesful smackdowns after the game.

On 10/1/2021 at 11:31 PM, NineYoGirI said:

So that's the most pointless achievement ^^ It's probably good that you never got it

Actually, it's the best one to get. And it gets you the most unironic MVP votes. /s

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 8:00 PM, Manu311 said:

Be careful however when taunting - the dance will interupt everything you do - so if you're channeling something, that will stop instantly

Also, enemies gain vision of you when you taunt them. There has been a few instances where I taunt someone from the fog, ready to nuke them down but they do 180 as soon as I taunt. No more mistakes like this 😄

Taunting an enemy is exactly what it sounds. Taunting.

I think it's main "purpose" was to show off that this kill was so easy that you even managed to fit in an extra action in there, like doing a 360 before shooting someone on an FPS.

Now, besides that, it's also a pretty cool way to either humiliate your opponent (ex: with dumbster or thriler taunt), make your kill look cooler (ex: gore taunt) or just make your kill look funny (fortune cookie taunt)

The best buff your hero needs is you being nice to your team