Any chances to see ranked roles game queue in HoN? Like the one we have in DOTA, LOL and any other MOBA these days? I'm sick and tired of 2-3 ppl calling mid and fighting each other the whole game to get some lasthits. And I'm talking about some silver games - the players are actually much more adequate in this rank and can adapt. The issue is really about the diamond/legendary games, where you can easily find a game with 2 guys who call mid and ignore each other.

Thanks.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, `TheWizard` said:

This is a toxicity issue in HoN. It was before, it is now, and it will be forever. This is just how these MOBA games are. people want to get important roles to have an impact  

Well, we have a LoL where you can select 1 main and 1 secondary role in q, we have Dota 2 with straight-up ranked roles, basically it's much harder to find a MOBA WITHOUT ranked roles.

4 hours ago, dry`red said:

Well, we have a LoL where you can select 1 main and 1 secondary role in q, we have Dota 2 with straight-up ranked roles, basically it's much harder to find a MOBA WITHOUT ranked roles.

The problem here is, that not every HoN game needs every role. Sometimes you just need to adept to enemies and not get a carry at all.
Easiest example is jungle picks. You definitely don't need a jungler. And if you get one, you might choose to abandon the suicide lane and get someone roaming or a tri-lane. How do you want to reflect that? The system would have to force the strategy on you if it chooses which players it puts together based on their roles.

Basically HoN chooses to give you freedom and adds adoption of roles to the relevant skills you need to play MM while other games simply don't.
As someone who wants to play random modes because it requires even more adoption, I prefer the way it is right now even if that ruins games basically every time someone picks a jungle hero.

also how will you limit picks? In HoN, mostly all heroes may be played in any role, like for example you can pick hard carry and go full support with him, or pick support and go full carry. Yes, it is not that much effective sometimes, but sometimes it works

HoN is not LoL where you have exactly specified roles like "hero X can play only role Y and never anything else"

Edited by Ceriss

Well, I think if this is introduced, then it is imperative that it be done so that Devo can be taken on any role. Then it will be balanced and not imbalanced, because everyone loves Devo, most cannot be wrong

• Like 1

Well, I believe that the role selection should not restrict you to pick certain hero, it's just a matter of what you do in the game. For example, if you queue with support role selected, going mid or farm will definitely should be treated as a grief. For a jungle role, it could be merged with position 3 (long lane), this way the player will have a possibility to choose where to go when the game starts. In any case, the role selection should only give an opportunity for a team to report a player if he goes to a different lane/role without agreeing with the other team (swap role should also be possible).

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the point here is different:
1. Most hardline heroes have been heavily weakened in the last few patches (except for Bubbles), while supports, on the contrary, are able to kill them without any problems.
2. In the correct hardline gameplay, the hero must move into the forest if he is not able to overcome the safe line of the enemy.
3. The most popular junglers are capable of carry and can gank without losing money or farming. For example, Solst has too strong abilities to gank and farm, while by himself he is too fat to be easily killed. The rest of the heroes are about the same.
Jungler is a good idea if you have a very strong Hardliner, but balance destroyed this role and you should only go there on Bubbles or Goldenveil (provided that you don't have a direct counter-pick on the lane). If you have an excellent Hardliner and you expect to win quickly, then the final pick of Jungler is a good idea (provided that he leaves the forest when he gets 6 lvl). But unfortunately at the moment this is just a passive walking creep that does not do well for anyone.

3 hours ago, kael_invoker said:

when some one pick jungler i know we will lose cuz 90% have no idea how to play suicide lane

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, kael_invoker said:

when some one pick jungler i know we will lose cuz 90% have no idea how to play suicide lane

I used to think this too.
But actually in every game I have played with someone jungling who is not Diamond, they don't know how to jungle either.
They never gank, always take pull spots and ignore that they see someone roaming into the jungle and just stay there at 10% hp and die.
It actually frustrates me so much, that everytime someone calls jungle, I just ban the most cancerous jungle heroes and half of the time they decide "hey I can't play afk jungle, I guess I can dual long as well" after.

8 hours ago, SJW_LGBT said:

1. Most hardline heroes have been heavily weakened in the last few patches (except for Bubbles), while supports, on the contrary, are able to kill them without any problems.

I haven't play FoC very much in the last few years, but up until about 2018 I felt suicide lane was my specialty. Is Hag, Wildsoul, Tree, PR, or Behe just no longer an option for suicide? Just curious, as I no longer play FoC. I felt it was still a very viable strategy (provided you trusted your carry to know how to farm), but maybe the last few patches have changed that.

54 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I haven't play FoC very much in the last few years, but up until about 2018 I felt suicide lane was my specialty. Is Hag, Wildsoul, Tree, PR, or Behe just no longer an option for suicide? Just curious, as I no longer play FoC. I felt it was still a very viable strategy (provided you trusted your carry to know how to farm), but maybe the last few patches have changed that.

Of course it's an option.
Supports however have been shifting to early game, so if you take hits from them, you have a worse time than you used to.

• Like 1

So I guess we will not see this in HoN. Sad because people don't know how to pick in this game. Example, I call short carry and I get 4 carry picks, and it is not only 1 game but at least 6 or 7 in a row. I call jungle, and then I get a guy to pick jungler and he destroys the game by doing so. I actually got banned because I was so mad that I had to use bad words to insult him which leaded to 2 weeks ban... Then you decide to pick support for short lane carry and even then I get trolled... Because I called support I guess that is fine by team, but because we have a jungler the guy that has to sui decides that he doesn't want to sui and picks support for short too... And you are telling me we don't need ranked rolls in this game? When 95 % of games have bad picks....

1 hour ago, EpicUlti said:

So I guess we will not see this in HoN. Sad because people don't know how to pick in this game. Example, I call short carry and I get 4 carry picks, and it is not only 1 game but at least 6 or 7 in a row. I call jungle, and then I get a guy to pick jungler and he destroys the game by doing so. I actually got banned because I was so mad that I had to use bad words to insult him which leaded to 2 weeks ban... Then you decide to pick support for short lane carry and even then I get trolled... Because I called support I guess that is fine by team, but because we have a jungler the guy that has to sui decides that he doesn't want to sui and picks support for short too... And you are telling me we don't need ranked rolls in this game? When 95 % of games have bad picks....

Sounds like you are able to play most of not all roles. Why not ask your team first what they want to play and pick what's left?
I mean you might end up playing suicide all the time if you do that. But you can just do this every other game and only have half your games ruined 😉.

4 hours ago, Manu311 said:

Sounds like you are able to play most of not all roles. Why not ask your team first what they want to play and pick what's left?
I mean you might end up playing suicide all the time if you do that. But you can just do this every other game and only have half your games ruined 😉.

But that is why we need ranked rolls to prevent this. Because if you don't call lane it will most likely mean that you are sui, but if you call other lane instead, it will mean that somebody else will troll the game because either he doesn't want to sui or he wants your role and so on....As much as I like HoN, I consider this as a big minus to the whole gameplay of this MoBA. I really don't mind anything else, but this... Is a game breaker. And yes I can play most of the roles in the game because I am an old school player (since beta). 

Basically right now one of the aspect you need to consider winning the game is to be able to collaborate with 4 other ppl and 1) Pick all the lanes so that you can be effective in game 2) Get fun from the game. Usually, at least for 1 or 2 players, one of these aspects is missing from the game. Either you're playing on the role you don't like to play, or you don't know how to play. It's true for almost all the games, and especially for the Legendary+ ranks. Here players are usually good at 1, maximum 2 roles meaning that Legendary is the rank of you playing Carry and Jungle, for example. This means that if 5 Legendary players are balanced in the same team, and they are all Jungle, Carry and Mid players, this means that your support and sui players are not legendary at their roles.

How does it prevent anything? You can still have multiple people selecting the same role. Even if that wasn't possible, people can still go anywhere in game.

This still happens in other games too regardless of the role selection. Problem is that people think that this is "fist calls, first serves" and are not willing to adjust.

1 hour ago, hegelsohn said:

How does it prevent anything? You can still have multiple people selecting the same role. Even if that wasn't possible, people can still go anywhere in game.

This still happens in other games too regardless of the role selection. Problem is that people think that this is "fist calls, first serves" and are not willing to adjust.

It doesn't prevent it but whoever doesn't play his role should be banned,at least that is how it works in dota. That is not thinking, it's an unwritten rule man, but people can't understand that. That is the same thing if you and your friend like that same girl but you go first for her... You would start talking with her too to impress her as a man? Or you would say,well he went first....? I mean,there are some things that people need to respect, and if you can't respect lane call then you can't adjust in your life I guess.

Edited by EpicUlti

How you determine that someone is not playing "his" role? And who dictates roles and forces you to play one?

Just because you are fast in selecting your lane/calling your role it doesn't necessarily mean others have to adjust. I mean, sure it would be better if people adjust but in the end people can play whatever role they like to play. Picking phase should be used to build the best possible team. If someone else wants to play the lane you called, you may as well adjust (especially if the other player is the better one or e.g. a carry-exclusive player).

Also, in Dota, if you select the same lane as someone else, you will not get suspended unless you grief and as long as you play the game normally to win.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, hegelsohn said:

How you determine that someone is not playing "his" role? And who dictates roles and forces you to play one?

Just because you are fast in selecting your lane/calling your role it doesn't necessarily mean others have to adjust. I mean, sure it would be better if people adjust but in the end people can play whatever role they like to play. Picking phase should be used to build the best possible team. If someone else wants to play the lane you called, you may as well adjust (especially if the other player is the better one or e.g. a carry-exclusive player).

Also, in Dota, if you select the same lane as someone else, you will not get suspended unless you grief and as long as you play the game normally to win.

Easily. You called carry short. He picks also a carry, buys a hatchet and he makes sure that you don't get any farm. You see that is what kills this game even if you agree or not because you still didn't answer to my question. You are just going around with some excuses that doesn't make any sense. I call short lane with carry, pick first. All others pick matching heroes for lane and then you end up with that 1 guy who will pick carry as well, call you a trash and saying you can't carry... It is clearly not about who is better but about respecting what others called and picked. And if you don't understand what I am talking about then we don't have what to discuss about anymore here.