Welcome to the Heroes of Newerth forums

The forums have received a complete makeover. Click the button below to read more about it.
Read more
RedBear

Guide S2 HoN 3DS Max Exporter

Posted (edited)

S2 HoN 3DS Max Exporter

Introduction

With this plugin, you can create your own custom models and animations for use with Heroes of Newerth.

PLEASE NOTE: S2 Games and Frostburn Studios does NOT directly support the plugin. Their technical support team will not answer questions about plugin functionality and will not be able to help resolve problems you may experience while using the plugin.

Install the plugin

1. Copy the plugin for your version of 3ds Max, which by default is located within the game folder:

• s2exporter.dlu for Autodesk 3ds Max 8 and Autodesk 3ds Max 2011
  • s2exporter64-max2013.dlu for Autodesk 3ds Max 2013 and Autodesk 3ds Max 2014

2. Paste the plugin to 3ds Max's plugin folder, which by default is located at: <3dsmax-folder>/Plugins.

NOTE: You cannot add new plugins while 3ds Max is running, Instead, quit 3ds Max first, then install the plugin. Next time you start, the plugin will be loaded automatically.

Some versions of 3ds Max also have a Plugin manager. For more information, see 3ds Max's documentation.

Use the plugin

1. Click the wrench icon to open the Utilities panel.

QVf3m9e.png

2. In the Utilities panel, click the More... button.

Hjtw43K.png

3. Select S2 Exporter in the list and click OK button.

QvK08GH.png

4. In the Export panel, click Export button to export model or select the Animation check box and click Clip button to export animation.

MtSnGCT.png          bXhTR9T.png

Edited by RedBear
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I am a new player and i see people making custom avatars, my question is :

How do you make them, from where you get the models,animations and stuff to import in hon?

Edited by CosmicSoul

1 hour ago, CosmicSoul said:

Hello,

I am a new player and i see people making custom avatars, my question is :

How do you make them, from where you get the models,animations and stuff to import in hon?

All resources (models, animations, textures, sounds, etc.) are taken directly from other games. 
Depending on which game you want to get resources from, you need the appropriate tools to extract them. 
You need to search for this tools in various websites dedicated to modding (sometimes devs share them on the game’s official websites). 
For beginners I suggest to start by extracting resources from games made with Unreal Engine with Gildor's UE Viewer tool.

Posted (edited)

Thanks, i like something like whysoserious (sorry if i spell your name wrong) that did the anime style from no game no life.

Do you have any ideea where i can find games like this? that support the respective tools.

Edited by CosmicSoul

31 minutes ago, CosmicSoul said:

Thanks, i like something like whysoserious (sorry if i spell your name wrong) that did the anime style from no game no life.

Do you have any ideea where i can find games like this? that support the respective tools.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don’t remember that Whyzozerious made avatars from no game no life, as well as I do too.

Maybe you mean TH!NT @atsniperthin? He certainly did a lot of them, so you better ask him about it.

11 minutes ago, CosmicSoul said:

Ok, thanks and about unreal engine games, i need to have games installed and extract them, right?

You will have to extract the resources yourself, if you do not find the resources already extracted.