S2 HoN 3DS Max Exporter

S2 HoN 3DS Max Exporter

Introduction

With this plugin, you can create your own custom models and animations for use with Heroes of Newerth.

PLEASE NOTE: S2 Games and Frostburn Studios does NOT directly support the plugin. Their technical support team will not answer questions about plugin functionality and will not be able to help resolve problems you may experience while using the plugin.

Install the plugin

1. Copy the plugin for your version of 3ds Max, which by default is located within the game folder:

• s2exporter.dlu for Autodesk 3ds Max 8 and Autodesk 3ds Max 2011
  • s2exporter64-max2013.dlu for Autodesk 3ds Max 2013 and Autodesk 3ds Max 2014

2. Paste the plugin to 3ds Max's plugin folder, which by default is located at: <3dsmax-folder>/Plugins.

NOTE: You cannot add new plugins while 3ds Max is running, Instead, quit 3ds Max first, then install the plugin. Next time you start, the plugin will be loaded automatically.

Some versions of 3ds Max also have a Plugin manager. For more information, see 3ds Max's documentation.

Use the plugin

1. Click the wrench icon to open the Utilities panel.

QVf3m9e.png

2. In the Utilities panel, click the More... button.

Hjtw43K.png

3. Select S2 Exporter in the list and click OK button.

QvK08GH.png

4. In the Export panel, click Export button to export model according to export options selected, or click Clip button to export animation only.

MtSnGCT.png      oequR3G.png

Export options only work when you click Export button. Below are explanations about the export options:

Force Static
There is no reliable information about these option.
Remove Hierarchy
If check box selected, the skeleton hierarchy will be removed from exported model file (.model) data.
Copy Textures
If check box selected, all the textures used in the model will be copied at the same place as exported model file (.model).
Geometry
If check box selected, the model file (.model) will be exported to the specified location.
Model Definition
If check box selected, the model definition file (.mdf) will be created at the same place as exported model file (.model).
Materials
If check box selected, the material file (.material) will be created at the same place as exported model file (.model).
Animation
If check box selected, the animation file (.clip) would be export at the same place as exported model file (.model).

Edited by RedBear
Added explanations about the export options
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, CosmicSoul said:

Hello,

I am a new player and i see people making custom avatars, my question is :

How do you make them, from where you get the models,animations and stuff to import in hon?

All resources (models, animations, textures, sounds, etc.) are taken directly from other games. 
Depending on which game you want to get resources from, you need the appropriate tools to extract them. 
You need to search for this tools in various websites dedicated to modding (sometimes devs share them on the game’s official websites). 
For beginners I suggest to start by extracting resources from games made with Unreal Engine with Gildor's UE Viewer tool.

Thanks, i like something like whysoserious (sorry if i spell your name wrong) that did the anime style from no game no life.

Do you have any ideea where i can find games like this? that support the respective tools.

Edited by CosmicSoul
31 minutes ago, CosmicSoul said:

Thanks, i like something like whysoserious (sorry if i spell your name wrong) that did the anime style from no game no life.

Do you have any ideea where i can find games like this? that support the respective tools.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don’t remember that Whyzozerious made avatars from no game no life, as well as I do too.

Maybe you mean TH!NT @atsniperthin? He certainly did a lot of them, so you better ask him about it.

11 minutes ago, CosmicSoul said:

Ok, thanks and about unreal engine games, i need to have games installed and extract them, right?

You will have to extract the resources yourself, if you do not find the resources already extracted.

20 hours ago, QuynhCute said:

anyone still keep the 2.79 import-exporter for blender?

I don't know about the 2.79 importer-exporter plug-in, but I found a 2.78 one on my PC: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w50vpwym0lchnul/BlackRyuScript.rar?dl=0

Put BlackRyuScript folder into addons folder (e.g. C:\Blender\blender-2.78b-windows64\2.78\scripts\addons\BlackRyuScript).

• 10 months later...
Posted (edited)

Twilac did a update to make the script work with newest version of Blender ( 2.92 ), you guys can download it here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fsirnd9czk7tvkh/K2-Blender-master_%282%29.zip/file

But some problems must be fixed

• The model is twisted into the thigh bone when imported animation ( just some, not all )

unknown.png

• UV Map is messed up:

unknown.png

Hope someone have time to fix these issues, I contacted Twilac and he said it's time wasting cause he also had his personal problem and other projects

Edited by QuynhCute
  • Like 1

Eh, I still can't get my hands on to finish updating the script to the multi-version, which should work on Blender below 2.80 and Blender 2.80 and above. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I use "IQM & IQE" scripts for exporting and importing the character model as an Inter-Quake-Model, this will fix the strange mesh deformation around the thigh/pelvis bone for all the heroes and skins, at least i haven't encountered any so far that were not fixed using this method. Not sure if these scripts work for the newest version of Blender, haven't tried it but it certainly works for Blender 2.79.b

https://mega.nz/folder/Sd0H3IKD#Bnk8vnq0DM8czBJc-hzf_A

Edited by WollieWoltaz
15 hours ago, WollieWoltaz said:

I use "IQM & IQE" scripts for exporting and importing the character model as an Inter-Quake-Model, this will fix the strange mesh deformation around the thigh/pelvis bone for all the heroes and skins, at least i haven't encountered any so far that were not fixed using this method. Not sure if these scripts work for the newest version of Blender, haven't tried it but it certainly works for Blender 2.79.b

Actually, there is no need to use third party scripts. You can simply export the imported model, then reimport it and apply animation. 

PS: Due to lack of programming skills and knowledge of Blender I still could not figure out what the problem is. 😭

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I am able to port objects in to blender, but I am unable to attach the textures to the model and create animations.

Is anyone able to post a tutorial on how to attach textures to the hero model in blender and how to create some spell casting (QWER) effect animations?

❤️

20 hours ago, guccidonut said:

how to create some spell casting (QWER) effect animations?

Define what you want - a tutorial on how to create animations or a tutorial on how to create ability effects? 

Blender won't help you with creating ability effects.

• Like 1

I would like to attach textures to start. I have the object model but how can I attach the skin textures?

On 12/6/2021 at 5:33 AM, RedBear said:

Define what you want - a tutorial on how to create animations or a tutorial on how to create ability effects? 

Blender won't help you with creating ability effects.

32 minutes ago, guccidonut said:

I would like to attach textures to start. I have the object model but how can I attach the skin textures?

As I answered you in a personal message, there are many Blender video tutorials on the Internet.
I took 1 minute to find one of them and 2 more minutes to record a video above.

If this is too difficult for you, it may be that modding is not for you. Since these are basic things, and then it will be even more difficult things. 🤔

yes, I am having trouble even doing this much.

Thank you so much for helping. I will keep re watching your video until I figure it out.

I have a different blender layout so my stuff looks way different. Modding may not be for me, but will keep trying to learn.

I appreciate your time and effort in to making the video for me.