Greetings, I open up a discussion on Blood Hunter because I'm curious what people think about the hero. Besides, I think this discussion can possibly support my idea below:

Questions:

• What is Blood Hunter good at?
  • What frustrating factor does Blood Hunter possess when he is being played against?
  • What is hero slightly better to be picked than Blood Hunter by similar capabilities?
  • What frustrating factor does Blood Hunter possess if he is being played?
  • What tier do you think Blood Hunter is at?

Personal Answers:

• What is Blood Hunter good at?
    • He is good as team's detector to make chasing the low health enemy hero easier.
    • He can sustain himself without much cost on laning phase.
  • What frustrating factor does Blood Hunter possess when he is being played against?
    • The first frustrating factor of Blood Hunter to be played against comes from laning phase because poking (dealing damage with no killing intent) him usually ends up less effective because Blood Hunter will come back to be healthy again. Same could be said to other heroes, but generally they require something more in return than Blood Hunter.
    • The second frustrating factor is the detection because it only requires the hero to be on low health to trigger the ability.
  • Which hero is slightly better to be picked than Blood Hunter by similar capabilities?
    • In term of detection capability, Geomancer is a better choice because he's a support hero so the better carry hero than Blood Hunter can be picked up.
    • In term of sustainability on laning phase and better carry capability, Maliken, Dampeer, and Lord Salforis are better choice because they offer better team presence.
  • What frustrating factor does Blood Hunter possess when he is being played?
    • His 2nd ability doesn't leave a lingering effect on non auto-attack damage upon assisting an enemy hero kill is kind of letdown.
    • His 3rd ability only increases base attack damage is a underwhelming feature, limiting the item choice to Blood Hunter in order to utilize the feature.
  • Which tier do you think Blood Hunter is at?
    • He is at bottom tier because his capabilities underweight the impact on the game if both team are equally skilled.

That's all from me, so what do you think? You can give your opinion on my personal answer, by answering the question I provided, or by making your QnA so I can add it on main post. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks in advance.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

He is not a carry but more of an anti carry to me. One of the very few melee heroes that can be played mid lane vs range without getting boxed out too quickly or losing too hard (salf/zeph have similar abilities to survive).

The main advantage is that his ult is superior magic damage. Putting it on the enemy carry in team fights can be game changing as you can easily outplay the rest of his team. He counters invisibility quite good. The movement speed is super good as well. Illusion runes/Geos provides speed whenever you have them available.

He is basically unbeatable 1vs1 due to permanent silence (unless you are underfarmed.

The reason I don't consider him a carry is that you basically need a support item as core to prevent enemy tp's while dealing a large amount of damage. His passive does not scale to well. Tho he can pubstomp pretty good as he is super strong early on. 

I think he is in a really good spot. Tho, without tablet he loses momentum rather quickly.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, hegelsohn said:

He is not a carry but more of an anti carry to me. One of the very few melee heroes that can be played mid lane vs range without getting boxed out too quickly or losing too hard (salf/zeph have similar abilities to survive).

The main advantage is that his ult is superior magic damage. Putting it on the enemy carry in team fights can be game changing as you can easily outplay the rest of his team. He counters invisibility quite good. The movement speed is super good as well. Illusion runes/Geos provides speed whenever you have them available.

He is basically unbeatable 1vs1 due to permanent silence (unless you are underfarmed.

The reason I don't consider him a carry is that you basically need a support item as core to prevent enemy tp's while dealing a large amount of damage. His passive does not scale to well. Tho he can pubstomp pretty good as he is super strong early on. 

I think he is in a really good spot. Tho, without tablet he loses momentum rather quickly.

Thanks for giving your thought, it broadens my understanding about Blood Hunter that somehow I missed to notice.  

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:

• 4 weeks later...

In my eyes BH is just such a overpowered noob hero. 

When playing against him, he comes around and presses R and Q and you can't do a shit. 

They even made him more noob-like putting away the boosted dmg of Q-effected targets ...

Before 2016 you had at least think to put your Q on yourself or an enemy.

His utilities are extreme. A global sight on health-low enemies with a boosted speed and revealing invis. Even more, the whole team see's it. 

The range of his R is a joke (1000 range !!!) and as it is Superior Magic Dmg you can't even counter it with a SH.

Edited by Forst
  • Like 1

Blood Hunters main weakness is, that he constantly has to get kills in order to keep up with traditional agility heroes. Skilled players will just port out with TP after being hit by its ulti. So he has to spend 2k on a tablet, an item that offers no useful stats for him. He is good on low-rank matchmaking, but easy to counter for experienced players. Even if he has bought a tablet, a voidstone is enough to get out safely or to buy enough time until the comrades rush to help.   

• Thanks 1
On 10/19/2021 at 7:49 PM, Forst said:

In my eyes BH is just such a overpowered noob hero. 

When playing against him, he comes around and presses R and Q and you can't do a shit. 

They even made him more noob-like putting away the boosted dmg of Q-effected targets ...

Before 2016 you had at least think to put your Q on yourself or an enemy.

His utilities are extreme. A global sight on health-low enemies with a boosted speed and revealing invis. Even more, the whole team see's it. 

The range of his R is a joke (1000 range !!!) and as it is Superior Magic Dmg you can't even counter it with a SH.

Sorry to say but in higher brackets he is a non factor as on every position there are far better alternatives. He is an anti carry but can be countered heavily by items (don't forget that you also have a team). He needs to pick up kills as he has a rather poor farming potential compared to carries. A tp counters him early on. Voids on supports, SH on cores (it doesn't counter the magic damage but it gives you time to port out or even counter his silence). His main benefit is to ulti the enemy carry in teamfights so he can be kited easily (or even has to port out/using sh). However, even if you get ultied by BH, carries usually have more farm - if they have lifesteal they can just stand and autoattack and still be a threat to him. He is one of the few melees that can survive a midlane but that's about it.

I think it's a fun hero overall. It's not a really strong carry like The Dark Lady, Predator, Scout, Klanx, etc.

It's probably a good semi-carry, and with the right items it's a solid core hero, but that's about it imo.

Really depends on player skill and if you like the hero for it to be successful.

19 minutes ago, Johnston1 said:

Often feared or misunderstood, and driven by an unending drive to destroy the wicked, blood hunters are clever, arcane warriors who have bound their essence to the dark creatures they hunt to better stalk and survive their prey.

Well, unfortunately we don't talk about DnD homebrew class here.Nice try.

As Hubaris mentioned before (iirc), the biggest issue with BH is how his ult is so dependent on the enemy decision, while giving little to no reward to BH if they play smart. Maybe something could be changed to make the decision harder for the enemy once they are ulted.

In that regard, I think either of these two changes could help BH:

a. Hemorrhaged heroes trigger BH's Blood Sense Ability

b. Hemorrhaged heroes create a small pool of blood (last 5 seconds) every 1.5 seconds of not moving. BH receive the buffs of Blood Sense while in these pools.

These changes will make it more risky for heroes to stay and try to manfight BH, while keeping TP as his main counter early game.