Grave Locket and Iron Shield

I know from past history that Supports are already in a very good position at the moment, and Iron Shield with 100% chance to block 20 hero damage has proven to be too substantial of a stat to have. But at the moment - it feels to me personally that 70% chance to block 20 hero damage is too little, and the upgrade from Orb of Zamos into Grave Locket is not worth the 500 gold invested.

Many games I find myself just staying with the Iron Buckler when facing a duo-lane, and some games as a support I don't even upgrade Orb of Zamos into Grave Locket.

My suggestion: change values on Iron Shield to 80% chance to block 20 damage or 70% chance to block 25 damage; change Grave Locket "Each enemy unit killed grants 10 bonus experience to your partner if they are greater than 1300 units away from the unit" into "Each enemy unit killed grants 4 bonus experience to your partner, x0.75 from NPC neutral creeps"

My reasoning for Iron Shield change: Numerically speaking - it is cheaper to buy two Iron Bucklers (450g) that provide together 75% chance to block 20 damage (With the added benefit that Iron Shield does not have of working on creeps/neutrals) rather than buy Iron Shield (525g) that provides the lesser amount of 70% chance to block 20 damage. (At the stage that an Iron Shield is acquired it is feasible to have 2 slots unused for the Iron Bucklers). Also - aside from the above - a 20% increase in block chance of 20 damage feels too minor for the price of 300g, feeling wise.

My reasoning for Grave Locket change: 500 gold for a support is a lot of gold. As a support in the early stages - 500 gold is either almost striders or a few wards + health potions + mana potions + TP. This feels like a heavy price to pay for the benefits Grave Locket provides, at least in the early / mid game stages. I think for 500 gold something that provides some "stability" is very needed for this role (That is why I think 4 experience per creep killed without fulfilling very specific conditions would be a buff in a good direction, without being too overpowered)

On 9/15/2021 at 1:12 AM, Lunarios said:

change values on Iron Shield to 80% chance to block 20 damage or 70% chance to block 25 damage; change Grave Locket "Each enemy unit killed grants 10 bonus experience to your partner if they are greater than 1300 units away from the unit" into "Each enemy unit killed grants 4 bonus experience to your partner, x0.75 from NPC neutral creeps"  192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Yeah the most needed for me is the values of the iron sheild I think it will make more sense 

Edited by DrMafia
  • 2 months later...