Corpse Utilizer (Balphagore, Gravekeeper, and proposed Skrap)

Balphagore

Spoiler

Regurgitate

• Gains charges equal to 0.5 times the percentage of Mana spent by enemy units within 1000 units up to a max of 120 charges. Losing all charges over 2 seconds after not gaining charges for 10 seconds.
  • Gains charges whether the ability is off cooldown or not.
  • Requires to consume 10 charges to regurgitate a corpse and every 10 charges consumption gives an additional corpse to regurgitate over duration.
  • Charges are consumed upon activation, dealing additional 1 damage per second and 0.15% additional movement speed slow per charge.

Demonic Pathogen

• Complete Rework:

Cast Time: 0.3 / 0.5 seconds
Target Unit - Organic Enemy Units
Type - Magic

Many pathogens festering in Balphagore infect his enemies, robbing its victim of any proper mana utilization and damages them if left untreated.

Range: 500
Radius: 300
Mana Cost: 105/110/115/120
Cooldown: 12 seconds

Summons 1/1/2/2 Contagion minion(s) to follow the target for 6 seconds and applies Contagion up to 6 seconds or until all Contagion minion(s) are exploded, increasing mana cost of unit affected by 200/300/300/400%. A contagion minion could only be exploded upon a mana consumption of the affected unit, dealing 10/40/40/90 magic damage at first second up to 110/140/140/190 magic damage at maximum lifetime to enemy units in 300 radius to explosion. A contagion minion leave a corpse upon its death.

• Contagion minion is similar to Klanx's Lackey by using volatile minion as model, following the affected unit without attacking and providing 200/200 sight range to Balphagore's allies.
  • Technically Contagion effect can be dispelled but the Contagion minion will reapply the effect.

Corpse Conversion

• Can summon a minion without charge so the first 3 charges no longer summon 2 minions.
  • Attack modifier on minion is changed to apply 1.25 seconds silence per attack if affected unit has remaining mana of max mana lower than the stacks (4/5/6/7% of remaining mana as stack, up to 6 stacks) so they no longer slows movement speed.

Hell on Newerth

• No longer has charges mechanic and no longer summons Volatile Minion.
  • Deals up to 90/180/270 Magic Damage per 3 seconds for 12 seconds based on the percentage of remaining mana upon the start of DoT application from this ability.
  • Exceeding the remaining mana doesn't gain the DoT damage.
  • Example: 1000 remaining mana per 2000 max mana upon the start of DoT application to affected unit is recorded as 100% damage so decreasing remaining mana below 1000 reduces the damage.
  • New Staff of the Master boost: enemy units take 1.5x of DoT damage if they have 35% or more remaining mana of max mana.

Thought Process:

• Current 2nd ability feels like forced synergy and unintuitive to current 4th ability so this suggestion slightly alters the synergy.
  • Current 2nd ability could be overtaken by Vindicator instead.
  • Corpse conversion's attack modifier change is a random idea for unique mechanic in conjunction with all proposed suggestion.
  • Hell on Newerth gets a proposed change because the model of minion is used on proposed 2nd ability.
  • Hell on Newerth charges collection is unique mechanic so it gets overtaken by 1st ability.
  • Overall changes support the charges collection based on mana spending of enemies.

Gravekeeper

Spoiler

Corpse Toss

• Complete Rework (Zombie Apocalypse):

Cast Time: 0.1 / 0.1 seconds
Target Unit - Enemy Units
Type - Magic

Throw a curse at your enemies to haunt them with the living dead on their surrounding!

Range: 550
Mana Cost: 100/110/120/130
Cooldown: 10 seconds

Throws a curse at target, applying curse for 8 seconds, dealing 100/150/200/250 Magic Damage, summoning one Wretched Zombie (2 zombies during Staff-boosted Grave Duty) next to target, and Stunning the target for 1 second on impact. On impact and every 3 seconds raises up to 2 corpses (3/4/5 units during Grave Duty) within 1000 radius to target into Wretched Zombies.

Can target enemy structure but deal no magic damage, only raise the zombies to attack the targeted structure.

Wretched zombies only attack the target for 2 attacks before denying themselves, dealing 30 attack damage per attack ignoring deflection/block.

Corpse Explosion

• Complete Rework (Zombie Explosion):

Cast Time: 0 / 0.3 seconds
Target Position -  Enemy Units and Corpses
Type - Magic

Raises corpses in an area into Unstable Zombies!

Range: 600
Radius: 400
Mana Cost: 100/110/120/130
Cooldown: 15 seconds

Deals 100/150/200/250 Magic Damage to enemies in radius, summons one Unstable Zombie (2 zombies during Staff-boosted Grave Duty), and raises up to 2 corpses (3/4/5 corpses during Grave Duty) in target area into Unstable Zombies.

Unstable Zombies last 15/30/45/60 seconds (but last 3 seconds when chasing a target) and detonate themselves upon attacking or getting killed, dealing 30 magic damage to enemies in 200 radius to detonation.

• Unstable zombies have same properties as current unstable zombie at level 1 of current Zombie Apocalypse, with exception to lifetime, armor (change to 0), magic armor (change to 0), and detonation damage.
  • Unstable zombies prevent a neutral creep from spawning and they have 1 second delay after raised before attacking valid target.

Defiling Touch

• Complete Rework:

Cast Time: 0 / 0 seconds
Attack Targets - Enemy Units
Type - Magic

Sapping the very life essence from your foes with defiling touch!

Range: based on attack range
Mana Cost: 20

Deals 20/25/30/35 Magic Damage(40/50/60/70 Magic Damage during Staff-boosted Grave Duty) to target and heals Gravekeeper by 10/12/15/17 health (20/25/30/35 health during Staff-boosted Grave Duty) per cast. Nearest allied units (excludes Gravekeeper) in 300 radius to target get healed by 5/7/10/12 health for up to 2 allied units (3/4/5 allied units during Grave Duty) receiving the heal and grants bonus Magic Damage by 10/15/20/25 Magic Damage per unit affected by heal.

Zombie Apocalypse

• Complete Rework (Grave Duty):

Self

Don't forget your grave duty!

Mana Cost: 150/225/300
Cooldown: 60 seconds

Applies a Grave Duty state to self for 25/35/45 seconds. During Grave Duty boosts all basic abilities and grants sub-ability with 5 seconds cooldown to channel up to 2 seconds, generating 2/3/4 corpses per second randomly in 300 radius to Gravekeeper's location. The corpse generated by sub-ability has normal lifetime.

Passively increases Gravekeeper's attack damage by 6/12/18 and applies 1/2/3% movement speed slow per corpse within 250 radius to Gravekeeper.

Thought Process:

• The current Gravekeeper feels lackluster because of his corpse mechanic giving him unreliable performance so he's slightly mediocre than other heroes with similar function.
  • This suggestion gives different approach on corpse utilization than Balphagore (no corpse collecting).
  • First ability grants additional function to Gravekeeper as pusher, independent to the usage of ultimate as he is currently.
  • Second ability grants additional function to Gravekeeper as sight provider, slightly reliable than using ultimate as he currently can do.
  • Third ability grants additional function to Gravekeeper to sustain himself and his teammate.
  • Fourth ability acts as supporting tool to all of Gravekeeper's basic abilities because he already has  

Skrap

Spoiler

Info

• Change Skrap attribute to Agility.
  • Swap numbers on Intelligence to Agility.

Mousetrap

• Change mana cost to 85 at all levels.
  • Also deals 20% of damage to structure.

Zoomerang

• Also collects corpse.
  • Non-hero enemy units take 1.5x damage from Zoomerang if their health is below 35%.

Scavenge

• Complete Rework (Use Unleash Vorax icon):

Self Position

Skrap gathers spoil of war to unleash Vorax, the monster that Skrap has trained to do his bidding.

Range: 99999
Mana Cost: 175/250/325/400

Collects a corpse or a Morsel to increase movement speed by 12/15/18/21% with unit-walking for 3.5 seconds and to grant 1 charge, at maximum of 120 charges. A charge is also automatically added every 10/8/6/4 seconds. Has 50% chance to drop a Morsel when Skrap or his owned units deal damage to enemy structure or enemy hero. Destroyed structure or died hero from either team drops 1 purple Morsel, refilling 4 charges instead when collected.

Can be activated to unleash Vorax in a selected lane once there are 120 charges, consuming all charges in process. Vorax spawns with 80/100/120/140 Attack Damage (Siege Type), 1000/1750/2500/3250 Health, 10 Armor, and 10 Magic Armor at the lane's creep spawn location, moving at the same speed as his lane creeps down the lane. Vorax appears on the mini-map to both teams, and provides 200 day and night vision to both allies and enemies. Additionally, Vorax gains 2 Attack Damage, 0.3 Armor and 20 Max Health per game minute elapsed (5 more Movement Speed per 5 minutes).

Vorax will attack any enemy that comes within 150 units, but will otherwise disregard attacks against him. If within 600 units of a structure, Vorax will focus his attention solely on that structure, Disarming it and taking True Damage equals to the health of structure is losing upon taking damage from Vorax. Vorax shares experience with Skrap (similar case as Gemini).

Vorax gives 100/130/160/190 gold and 100/130/160/190 experience when slain, but none if he kills himself, runs out of his 180 seconds lifetime, or gets denied.

Collecting charges during the existence of Vorax heals 10/15/20/25 health to both Vorax and Skrap instead, instantly consuming the charge.

Unleash Vorax

Complete Rework (Rat Tunnel - Use Scavenge icon and model):

Cast Time: 1.25 / 0 seconds
Target Position

Skrap creates the tunnel to let himself grasp every opportunity.

Range: 99999
Radius: 200 (
350)
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 60/50/40 (
0) seconds

Creates tunnel between two points that are Skrap's current position and target position, providing 200 day and night vision to any players, and teleport him and only himself to other side of tunnel when he is taking no damage from player-controlled unit for 3 seconds while he is staying within the radius of the tunnel for 3 seconds. Can only creates a pair of tunnels so creating new one destroys the one existing.

Thought Process:

• Skrap is proposed to be an Agility hero utilizing corpse, but he will be less dependent because of Morsel mechanic.
  • Other proposed ideas are intended to solidify the main idea.

Edited by datfizh
changes part 2...

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

On 9/18/2021 at 11:46 AM, Claudineee said:

Goodness, gracious. For a moment I thought we were going on the same idea with that ability.. of gravekeeper

Hey, did you promise everyone something? I'm waiting for it.

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:

Regarding your Skrap tunnel ability-I like it very much that I have already thought of the same idea to Riftwalker's Ultimate... Riftwalker must have that ability in my opinion for two reasons: it's easy to be done for her; and she's a better candidate due to her abilities' description. Or maybe we can agree that Skrap&Vorax can get the same idea as Tremble&Boris while Riftwalker can make this available for her allies like doto2 Underlord's Fiend's Gate?

45 minutes ago, Claudineee said:

Regarding your Skrap tunnel ability-I like it very much that I have already thought of the same idea to Riftwalker's Ultimate... Riftwalker must have that ability in my opinion for two reasons: it's easy to be done for her; and she's a better candidate due to her abilities' description. Or maybe we can agree that Skrap&Vorax can get the same idea as Tremble&Boris while Riftwalker can make this available for her allies like doto2 Underlord's Fiend's Gate?

Well, suit yourself. You may check my other threads for your inspiration in proposing the idea. I admit that I have some ideas inspired by yours, so keep posting.

• 2 weeks later...