Should I play HON again ? What is it like now ?

Hi, I'm an old player HON and HON is my very first MOBA game that I have ever played. For good 7 years I was playing hon and climbing rank until one time it took me more than 40 minutes to find a game (my MMR is 1800, peak was 1810 I believe) and the game experience back then was absolutely terrible. I've always matchmade with 1600 - 1700 and most of the time wouldnt listen or cooperate,  very very rarely i got 1750+ players let alone 1800+ which I expect to play with and I gain / lose 2 - 3 MMR per game.. it's almost nothing . I want to play with and against the best, thats the point we climb up the rank at the first place right ? At that point I realized that there is no room for me to grow, I have to move to another moba game with larger player base. And so I did.... I moved to the closest thing to HON which is Dota 2.

In Dota, I have just reached the highest rank possible there which is immortal and this event makes me miss playing the game that introduce me to MOBA, good old HON. So, how is HON now ? has the matchmaking improved ? with my current MMR will I be able to find 1800+ players ? or the game experience that I had several years ago stay the same ?

I believe you MMR will be reset to 1500 or perhaps you will do some placement match. If you unsatisfied with my reply, you could join HoN Official Discord to get your question answered from many people.  

If anyone wonders about my intelligence regarding this game, then consider yourself visiting this thread:

Alternatively, visit this blog below to see the compiled version of the threads/posts I made on this Official HoN Forum:
newerthbrainstorm.blogspot.com

I can't talk from experience here, since I never was (far) above 1700 myself and currently am playing around Gold 1. Matchmaking queue times were always decent for me and they still are. However if one believes what a lot of people are complaining about, then that's different for higher ratings - which means your reason to leave HoN probably still exists.
HoN has changed a bit over time, so you could take that as your challenge for some time I guess.

Also what datfizh mentioned: You'll probably start with placement matches which will start at the worst rank and catapult you to Gold 1 after 6 games (you can't get higher in placements), from there you would have to climb back up as you used to.

You will find many players in here that have been playing for a very long time, winning will not be so easy, sometimes plain impossible.

If you're 1800 MMR and below, you will probably have no trouble finding a game throughout all the hours of the day. If you're 1850+ MMR, you'll have no problem finding games in regular day hours, but in the deep night / early morning times it can be difficult to find a game.

If you're playing with teammates that don't have a proper grasp of the game, you will have to select a core role in order to compensate their drawbacks (mid/carry/jungle at least).

Once you get to higher MMR brackets, you can let go of trying to compensate whatever your team may or may not lack, and pick more varied roles such as support/sui/duo-long. (That is, if you can play them well).

The top MMR in the game at the moment is 2201 MMR (if I'm not wrong) by the player Esthon. You better start practicing, because you'll most likely be losing to him quite often 🙂

On 9/9/2021 at 2:40 AM, Fanta said:

Hi, I'm an old player HON and HON is my very first MOBA game that I have ever played. For good 7 years I was playing hon and climbing rank until one time it took me more than 40 minutes to find a game (my MMR is 1800, peak was 1810 I believe) and the game experience back then was absolutely terrible. I've always matchmade with 1600 - 1700 and most of the time wouldnt listen or cooperate,  very very rarely i got 1750+ players let alone 1800+ which I expect to play with and I gain / lose 2 - 3 MMR per game.. it's almost nothing . I want to play with and against the best, thats the point we climb up the rank at the first place right ? At that point I realized that there is no room for me to grow, I have to move to another moba game with larger player base. And so I did.... I moved to the closest thing to HON which is Dota 2.

In Dota, I have just reached the highest rank possible there which is immortal and this event makes me miss playing the game that introduce me to MOBA, good old HON. So, how is HON now ? has the matchmaking improved ? with my current MMR will I be able to find 1800+ players ? or the game experience that I had several years ago stay the same ?

Invent more fairy tales to pad your ego. Fools will believe it on your 1 post account. I don't. Nobody cares if you play this game. Regardless how many good boy posts you receive in this forum from sycophants. You don't "grow" by playing a video game with a bunch of strangers. Matchmaking doesn't exist to validate yourself.

• Thanks 1