Instigating Others through Vexatious Repetitive Messages Should be a Warnable / Bannable Offense

As title says, goading your teammates into dropping what they're doing to type in chat is objectively disruptive for the both parties, regardless of how much self-control the victim may or may not have. Make it into a punishable offense.

I'm pretty sure that if someone spends more time typing provoking stuff rather than playing the game, that's reportable even if he doesn't trespass the verbal abuse limit.. but i might be wrong 😄 

Typing more than playing seems to be refusal to participate to me. Other than that, I don't see the point of this post. "Dropping what they are doing" is calling out allied positions (if thats the case).

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hegelsohn said:

1 hour ago, hegelsohn said:

Typing more than playing seems to be refusal to participate to me. Other than that, I don't see the point of this post. "Dropping what they are doing" is calling out allied positions (if thats the case).

This is not about that. "Drop" as in stop performing a [meaningful] task such as last hitting.

The point is to disincentivize people who either start ranting in the chat or purposely aggravate others with disruptive comms. It could be something inane, let's say:

Player A: Stop taking my last hits.

Player B: I'm not.

Player A: You are.

Player B: No, I'm not.

Player A: Yes, you are.

And so on. It's an observable phenomenon where obsessive comms even spiral toward insults, but only the player who loses control to the point of saying the wrong words gets punished. Not how it should be handled. Both players should be warned for misusing the chat's primary function, which is to efficiently communicate toward achieving goals that further the team's resources.

Edited by twoscoopsREE

You never fight fire with fire, it will only make it worse, and you might get caught in it, and you could also risk a suspension!
So just ignore, mute, and try to mind your own game, if you can't do that then you can leave the game and play another!

[SGM] — Senior Game Master for Heroes of Newerth

Want to get in touch with an SGM?
Want to appeal your suspension?
 Click Click >
R.A.P helpdesk<

Don't see how this fortune cookie wisdom is going to reach a couple of nitwits hurling keystrokes at one another. That's what moderating comms and toxic behavior is supposed to achieve. Doable in League, not doable in Heroes of Deadgame and Shot Down Ideas. Let's continue to watch the game crash and burn I suppose.